welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-10-03: Magazine 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moor wrote:
The thing is, I don't think it's parodying any "men's" magazine. I think it's parodying something in more of the "Playboy" genre -- although I'd personally rather not image search for any of those to find a logo and layout that matches.

Well, Esquire and GQ and Playboy and Maxim and such are all considered "Men's lifestyle" magazines.

Cosmo is weird and very warped. It's like it's catering to a certain population of women who seek to appeal to patriarchal ideals, but their interpretation of those ideals is through this lens that makes the result come out like a print version of a funhouse mirror, warped and distorted and barely recognizable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Istancow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Epi LP, a Schecter Hellraiser C1FR, and I'm in the process of hotrodding my favorite- an old Peavey tracer that I've spent the year hotrodding.

I got the body and neck for free from an old Native American bluesman I know, and the first set of hardware for $45. Two nameless pickups and a Spyder tremolo that was missing several parts.

Filled in the cavity to put a Wilkinson Tremolo in, I've got some Lace Alumitones, and I'm painting it snow white with a geometric/abstract design of my own on the horns in black.

I play through a Peavey Vypyr 15 and a Fender Superchamp XD. Hopefully I'll get something nicer- but you'd be surprised how good those little practice amps can sound if you mic them well.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous of that Superchamp. I really want a tube amp. Played through a couple in the local music store and the difference is really noticeable.

I'm currently taking a hiatus from guitar, but I play an LTD Deluxe EC-1000 w/ EMG active pickups, playing through a Marshall MG-30FX with either a Voodoo Labs SuperFuzz pedal or a GarageTones tremolo pedal.

Hopefully soon I'll be switching out the EMGs for humbuckers. I learned to play jazz so high gain active picks aren't that great. Or maybe I'll just try to learn to play metal again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: