welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Girl Culture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
....you all realize that i have _no_ idea what you all are raving about....right?

They must failing then to convey their ideas clearly then Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Darqcyde gets it. Wink

Sojobo wrote:
I think Dogen's expansion of the reason for politeness...

I never used the term "polite" except in response to your or Tom using it (and even then is was two or three pages into the conversation), but I appreciate what you're saying. A lot of this was semantic, as we didn't have formalized definitions of "communication" and such.

Personally, I don't think words are the message. Language is a collection of symbols organized to convey a meaning. The meaning isn't inherent in the symbols, but if you put enough of them together in the right order you can start to get a feel for the actual thought behind it. It's imperfect (in Japanese they have a word for that weird feeling you have when you first show up to a social event and are trying to gauge the atmosphere <-- obviously, we don't), but we make do because it's all we've got. Until we evolve telepathy. Here's hoping that's soon!

In any event... it was still fascinating to discuss. Smile
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I've experienced telepathic phenomenon, but I don't think it was paranormal or supernatural. Twice it occured, once w/ my mother and once w/ my wife. They happened about 8 years apart, in different locations but under almost identical circumstances. While I was taking a shower I had realized I was w/o a towel and was thinking about calling them to bring me one. Both times they were washing their hands in the kitchen sink. Both times they called out to me asking me what I wanted before I ever said anything.

My guess is eletrical impulses over the water. You can think I'm nuts or full of shit or that it was coincedence but I don't think it was. Some believe that dolphins can communicate in this way on some level do to their larger frontal lobes. My guess is my freakin huge head (which is neither wee nor not so wee btw) has a freakin huge brain in it. But then again who knows, I could be way off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Xilonen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
My guess is eletrical impulses over the water. You can think I'm nuts or full of shit or that it was coincedence...

yep, nuts.

Darqcyde wrote:
...but I don't think it was. Some believe that dolphins can communicate in this way on some level do to their larger frontal lobes. My guess is my freakin huge head (which is neither wee nor not so wee btw) has a freakin huge brain in it. But then again who knows, I could be way off.

the fact that you find it amazing that twice in EIGHT YEARS someone happened to hear you say something before you said it strikes me as odd. how often have you been sitting there and whoever you're with looks up and says "what?" thinking you said something when you didn't? eventually you're really gonna want something. not to mention if they think you said something while you're in the shower, you're more likely than not going to want a favor, unless you make a habit of yelling things from the bathroom.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

While I was taking a shower I had realized I was w/o a towel and was thinking about calling them to bring me one. Both times they were washing their hands in the kitchen sink. Both times they called out to me asking me what I wanted before I ever said anything.

If I noticed that you didn't have a towel, I'd ask if you'd want one, too, y'know.
Desire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
I swear I've experienced telepathic phenomenon, but I don't think it was paranormal or supernatural. <snip>

My brother and I used to be able to literally answer questions before the other actually voiced them. And forget playing cards together, neither could win, we always knew what the other had their hand. It used to freak people out.

But we've always been so close, so when we hang out together, our minds just seem to synch up naturally and operate on the same wavelengths or something.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can control metal with my mind.

trustedfaith

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've astral traveled once, and I've had some REALLY freaky experiences happen to me that none of you can explain. Also, I do a lot of lucid dreaming.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucid dreaming is cool but not exactly a phenomenon.

I can totally tell you what song is coming up next on the radio. Totally.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:

LESS SUCKING MORE ROCKING IN FUTURE PLEASE.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

well that's certainly not hard...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
Snorri wrote:

LESS SUCKING MORE ROCKING IN FUTURE PLEASE.

*rocks*

thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARDCORRRRRE!!!
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xilonen wrote:
Dogen wrote:

feh. _i_ used to be able to predict which seinfeld repeat would be on. without looking at the tv guide.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Xilonen wrote:
Dogen wrote:

feh. _i_ used to be able to predict which seinfeld repeat would be on. without looking at the tv guide.

is it the one where kramer's all crazy, jerry's avoiding that girl, elaine's dating that guy, and george is depressed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: