welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-10-13: Day In The Life 17
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tekii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: 2013-10-13: Day In The Life 17 Reply with quote

Blue Sad
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg boggle. If Tat is making a Gail Simone reference then that scene takes on a whole new light.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of sin Squig has. Also, how is Micheal Bolton a sin?!

Samsally, I do not get what you're referring to.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ktern

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Meddler wrote:
Lots of sin Squig has. Also, how is Micheal Bolton a sin?!

that's probably why he was listed "separately"
Ricia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Fuchsia and Crim, I really do but this comic reminds me that I liked Blue and Fuchsia too. In my happy delusions all three of them can be together in happy delusional polyamorous happiness. Let me bask in my imaginary versions of an imaginary world
crescentgaia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricia wrote:
I love Fuchsia and Crim, I really do but this comic reminds me that I liked Blue and Fuchsia too. In my happy delusions all three of them can be together in happy delusional polyamorous happiness. Let me bask in my imaginary versions of an imaginary world

Considering how progressive Crim can be, I can totally see this happening. I will join you in this OT3 happiness!
Ricia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crescentgaia wrote:
Ricia wrote:

Considering how progressive Crim can be, I can totally see this happening. I will join you in this OT3 happiness!

Yay for our OT3!
Varthonai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crescentgaia wrote:
Ricia wrote:

Pardon, but what does being progressive have to do with it? Being progressive only means that you don't condemn other people for doing it--it doesn't mean you have to be comfortable doing it yourself. A straight person sleeping with a gay person of the same sex doesn't make em a better or more progressive ally, it just makes for bad, uncomfortable sex. : /

I can get behind this OT3 on its own merits but not the idea of it being dependent on Crim's "progressive" nature. Crim would have to be comfortable with it due to his natural sexuality.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In panel 10, at first I thought that was a purple mushroom cloud before I saw Crim & Fyoosh sitting under it.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely backing up what Varthonai said. I've seen a bit of discussion about this sort of stuff around lately like http://polytical.org/2012/04/im-poly-cos-im-better/ and http://www.blackgirldangerous.org/2013/10/04/9-strategies-for-oppressive-polyamory/

Plus due to his earlier characterisation such as blushing at the thought of even holding hands and whatnot, I sort of headcannoned Crim as asexual. Not that he couldn't be poly too I guess. Idk if he were I'd see it as more him being in a romantic relationship with Fuschia, friends with Blue, and Fuschia being in a friends with benefits style relationship with Blue.
Moor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before this thread turns completely into a discussion of polyamory, could I second the ask about the Gail Simone reference?
I wanna get it, and I need more stuff making me feel like I need to read all of her everything.

And now back to polyamory.
Echo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to give Blue a hug. She misses her friend... but there's nothing stopping her from still seeing Fyoosh. And there's Abby being all friendly. And yet she still feels cut off from everyone.
Maynar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woke up, fell out of bed

Dragged a comb across my head

Found my way downstairs and drank a cup

And looking up, I noticed I was late

hah hah hah
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww I really want Blue to be her friend again. But sadly that would mean quitting her job.
Vancore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as she self-banned herself from seeing her old friend I'm wondering if she'll ever try to move on and find a new friend/relationship. And I say relationship because the way Blue is dealing with the situation seems more like how people deal with their ex's that they still have strong feelings for. Fuchsia on the other hand... actually I don't recall her missing Blue although a comic probably did touch on it.... so yea Fuchsia has definitely moved on. Blues just a friend to her, while Fuchsia is close to Blue's heart, I don't think she noticed how close it was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: