welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oct. 15: YES!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Istancow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waste of a good practice dummy. They'll have to chop down a whole tree to build another. Those are big logs.

Salvage the wood, and build a new practice dummy from particle boards!
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dooshbag Pockalips not averted, but alive & well. Lot of work yet to do.

mouse wrote:
well - i guess this answers the question of whether or not it's just a toy.
This was a question?
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought someone was wondering about that in another thread...
had to do with the fact that she seemed to be able to carry it around with her everywhere.

although now that i've seen her use is - who would take it away from her?
TragicallyUnhip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Douches are harmful and used to be worse for you. You know Lysol? It's formula used to be even stronger and was advertised as an effective 'germ' killing product. It was also advertised as safe and gentle. 'Germ killing' and other statements from their ad copy were actually euphemisms for birth control, because it was popularly believed that products like Lysol were capable of getting rid of all semen, thus preventing pregnancy. This, of course, was not true, so all douchebags offered was a corroded, infected vagina. Lysol and similar douches fell out of favor once birth control was available.

It's funny you compare douchebag to words like pussy, cunt, or bitch. Pussy and cunt are words for female anatomy. Douchebag would not be their opposite - dick or cock would. Yet men don't have to fear all passersby rolling down windows and shouting, "COCK!" in a threatening manner.

Bitch is the term for a female dog. A male dog is called a dog. Guess which term when applied to humans is the bigger insult?

What does douche have to do with these terms? It is not a reference to a male body part, nor to a man's status as an inferior inhuman creature. Also, these words are not masculine words that insult femaleness. They are female-related words that insult the gender they have to attach to.

Douchebag's insult could be an inherently masculine one if you think people are using it to refer to the douchebags who marketed LYSOL to women to put into their VAGINAS. That is certainly an asshat thing for those people to have done, and they happened to be men taking advantage of a mysoginystic law in order to profit.

Wonderful pedantic rationalization.

Seriously - how many people (including Tat) who use the term "douchebag" are that literate in the absolute exact "Lysol" etymology of the term? (before they google it to death, that is. )

Nonetheless.

Of course you are right. Anyone who disagrees would have to be a douchebag.

Or a scumbag.

Or (GASP!) a dudebro.

Smile
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Douches are harmful and used to be worse for you. You know Lysol? It's formula used to be even stronger and was advertised as an effective 'germ' killing product. It was also advertised as safe and gentle. 'Germ killing' and other statements from their ad copy were actually euphemisms for birth control, because it was popularly believed that products like Lysol were capable of getting rid of all semen, thus preventing pregnancy. This, of course, was not true, so all douchebags offered was a corroded, infected vagina. Lysol and similar douches fell out of favor once birth control was available.

It's funny you compare douchebag to words like pussy, cunt, or bitch. Pussy and cunt are words for female anatomy. Douchebag would not be their opposite - dick or cock would. Yet men don't have to fear all passersby rolling down windows and shouting, "COCK!" in a threatening manner.

Bitch is the term for a female dog. A male dog is called a dog. Guess which term when applied to humans is the bigger insult?

What does douche have to do with these terms? It is not a reference to a male body part, nor to a man's status as an inferior inhuman creature. Also, these words are not masculine words that insult femaleness. They are female-related words that insult the gender they have to attach to.

Douchebag's insult could be an inherently masculine one if you think people are using it to refer to the douchebags who marketed LYSOL to women to put into their VAGINAS. That is certainly an asshat thing for those people to have done, and they happened to be men taking advantage of a mysoginystic law in order to profit.

Seriously - how many people (including Tat) who use the term "douchebag" are that literate in the absolute exact "Lysol" etymology of the term? (before they google it to death, that is. )

Nonetheless.

Or a scumbag.

Or (GASP!) a dudebro.

Smile

The fact that it's feminine is secondary to the fact that things we use to clean our orifices are universally disgusting and douchebag rolls off the fingertips and tongues much easier than enemabag or oral-rinse-bag.

but since you're a trolling piece of shit who fucking cares what you have to say.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no choice but to side with Monkey on this matter.
TragicallyUnhip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
TragicallyUnhip wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

Nonetheless.

Or a scumbag.

Or (GASP!) a dudebro.

Smile

The fact that it's feminine is secondary to the fact that things we use to clean our orifices are universally disgusting and douchebag rolls off the fingertips and tongues much easier than enemabag or oral-rinse-bag.

but since you're a trolling piece of shit who fucking cares what you have to say.

Well, obviously you, or else why would you bother to feed the "troll?"

It is so painfully obvious that anyone who dares to put out a toe of disagreement to the majority on this board, (however civil, educated or well-thought-out) is a "trolling piece of shit" that I wonder that you would stoop to reply at all? My goodness, I can scarcely stand myself for my independent thoughts. I am amazed you bother to acknowledge me at all.

What I have done is the unforgivable sin of parsing language on the slightly unflattering (hardly damning) side of Tat's art. So it is incredible that you would put out any effort to try to make me feel even worse than I must obviously feel about myself. I humbly apologize for prompting you to answer my clearly unworthy dudebro, scumbag, douchebag "piece of shit" contributions.

I shall now retire to my closet to commit harikiri to make up for my sins.

Now where did I put that wakazashi? I must call my nearest male relative and beg for some rice paper ...
Moor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<AllCaps>GUYS I WROTE A RESPONSE TO THE POST BEFORE LAST ONE BUT AFTER I FINISHED IT I REALIZED THAT I'D MISREAD THE CONVERSATION AND IT WASN'T NECESSARY AND DIDN'T ADD ANYTHING AND CONTAINED A REALLY BAD MATH PUN SO I DIDN'T POST IT. ALSO IT WAS A GOOD BAD MATH PUN THAT I LIKE EVEN THOUGH I'M ASHAMED OF IT AT THE SAME TIME.</AllCaps>

More at 5:30.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a 4. You were clearly trying, which isn't good, and the reference to harikiri is played. I suggest punching up your insults with more made up words (like sheepfister or wankfluff) and trying not to sound like you care so much. Be derisive, not defensive. That's how the pros do it, wankfluff!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extensive references to the body parts etc of deities and mythological figures is always a good choice for novel expletives.

A somewhat tame, but entertaining example would be from the Harry Potter universe: "by Merlin's saggy left buttcheek"

obviously, that's only the tip of the iceberg

Greek gods are a good choice.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to hear the math pun. Also more about Merlin's saggy left butt cheek.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
TragicallyUnhip wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

Nonetheless.

Or a scumbag.

Or (GASP!) a dudebro.

Smile

Well, obviously you, or else why would you bother to feed the "troll?"

It is so painfully obvious that anyone who dares to put out a toe of disagreement to the majority on this board, (however civil, educated or well-thought-out) is a "trolling piece of shit" that I wonder that you would stoop to reply at all? My goodness, I can scarcely stand myself for my independent thoughts. I am amazed you bother to acknowledge me at all.

What I have done is the unforgivable sin of parsing language on the slightly unflattering (hardly damning) side of Tat's art. So it is incredible that you would put out any effort to try to make me feel even worse than I must obviously feel about myself. I humbly apologize for prompting you to answer my clearly unworthy dudebro, scumbag, douchebag "piece of shit" contributions.

I shall now retire to my closet to commit harikiri to make up for my sins.

Now where did I put that wakazashi? I must call my nearest male relative and beg for some rice paper ...

Fuck off shitlord, get off your cross, crowbar your head out of your ass, and just fuck right off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pun was talking about how if even if you meant the "patriarchal, unnecessary, and harmful" meaning of the term, unless people already knew that meaning they would just get the meaning they're used to and not think about it.

I used, as an example of something similar, saying "I'm Abel-ing to work" and people not getting it at all.

In my defense, we math people are not expected to be good at communicating in any sensical manner, and I did realize how terrible an example it was right after typing it and said something to the effect, before deleting the whole thing.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
thought someone was wondering about that in another thread...
had to do with the fact that she seemed to be able to carry it around with her everywhere.
Ah yes, you're right. I'd forgotten about that.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moor wrote:
I used, as an example of something similar, saying "I'm Abel-ing to work" and people not getting it at all.

this seems more like a biblical pun, unless there is also a mathematical abel?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: