welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Self-Improvement Diary
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bun bun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Self-Improvement Diary Reply with quote

Big spenders and big achievers alike... come one come all, tell me your tales of hard-earned success, or of indulgent woe.

You people need to tighten your belts, buckle up your bootstraps, and start doing that stuff you always wanted to do but were too tired/lazy/busy watching TV/busy breathing to do.

I got mysterious numbers to post; this is my record of success (or failure):

6, 145

I've also given up eating meat. We'll see how that goes.
Spanky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:

Why?
bun bun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky wrote:
bun bun wrote:

Why?

Because there are a couple of things that make me tired and sluggish when I eat too much of them: animal fats, meat, dairy, gluten, sugar. So I'm giving up meat and trying to avoid excessively sweet and starchy things, like cookies, pies or pastries.

There's nothing much I can do about the dairy... I just have to avoid eating too much cheese.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two weeks since last I self-harmed. Before that, three weeks.

I've set myself the target that I have to be able to manage a month before I go back to university. Otherwise I won't be able to function properly and I'm setting myself up to go through hell again.

I go back on the first of October. We'll see.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I should probably start gentle exercise again. My heart seems to of gotten weaker since I stopped and i's a stupid risk to take out of laziness.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
Spanky wrote:
bun bun wrote:

Why?

Because there are a couple of things that make me tired and sluggish when I eat too much of them: animal fats, meat, dairy, gluten, sugar. So I'm giving up meat and trying to avoid excessively sweet and starchy things, like cookies, pies or pastries.

There's nothing much I can do about the dairy... I just have to avoid eating too much cheese.
I don't think a single, reasonable serving of cheese daily is too bad. Also, don't forget the health benefits of eating yogurt daily, I mean Ilya Ilyich Mechnikov promoted its benefits.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bun bun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree with you, Darq. Yoghurt makes me feel better after eating an unhealthy meal, or when I'm sick, or feeling tired. It's also good after you get the flu or anything that makes you throw up, because both of those things deplete the bacteria in your stomach and make it harder to digest stuff.

Cheese is so tasty... I used to eat a lot of it, but it's just not healthy to do that. So yeah, 1/2 to one serving a day, at most.
Celaeno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should do this too.

I am going to start running to improve my heart.

days run/days passed: 1/1
eureka00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved onto the 25lb free weights a bit ago. My arms are semi-muscular! *sells tickets to the gun show*
Funkentelechy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the point in doing a damn thing.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're being existential, unless you said that while you had your hand in a bag of cheetos, in which case you're just a slacker.
Merc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've about given up on trying to eat healthy myself. Working as a manager in the fast food industry, in a high-volume store with 10-hour straight shifts (no breaks -- hurrah for Missouri's lack of labor laws), it's virtually impossible to not just snag a burger and wolf it down in the five minutes between rushes. Unless, that is, anyone has any ideas for ready-to-eat healthy stuff-on-a-stick?

P.S. Anything that requires silverware is out of the question, as I normally just don't have enough time to eat something unless I can pick it up, eat one bite, and come back to it later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random, and kinda stupid, bragging. After seven years or so of only eating one huge meal a day (due mostly to time constraints and having one of those hyper-dysfunctional families like bun was talking about) I've finally got myself eating three small meals. It's nice, there's less lethargy if nothing else, and combined with having stepped up my exercises either my pants are growing or my waistline is shrinking.

Possibly both.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Sigh.. being bipolar sucks. Reply with quote

It would be nice to figure out what the hell my identity is.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost 12 kilos since i decided to eat less. I am trying to keep it that way, which is working good for at least two months now.

I really should start working out, but for that im just to lazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 1 of 52

Jump to: