welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marriage?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about getting married? (Not to me, just in general)
I am a happy, happy married person.
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
I am an unhappy married person.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I would definitely like to get married someday to the right person.
34%
 34%  [ 26 ]
I could be married, but I can also see myself just living with someone or dating too.
30%
 30%  [ 23 ]
I don't really want to be married. Someone would have to be seriously tricky to get me to marry them.
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
The "M" word! *FLEE*
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 76

CTrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone had to say it. You just can't make a comment like that without the reciprocal snark. It's what Newton really meant.
jeep

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:

(1) I have to figure me out before I can figure out marriage.

(2) I'm a big fan of romance though. ::grins::.

1- I think this is the biggest issue so many people have in life... they're always searching for that perfect other person instead of focusing on figuring out how to be happy and comfortable with themselves first.

2- What can i say, i have to agree... I've always been a romantic at heart and Sarah's only causing me to become able to show it.
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the big wedding and all cause I want someone to think I deserve it.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will the groom be there?
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be the center of my attention Smile
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guccipiggy wrote:
I'm going to get married, have 2.5 kids, a golden retriever and a white picket fence.

Then I'll turn into a coke addict and divorce my husband for an 80 year old who is about to die.

Your plan has one major flaw: you're supposed to go after a RICH 80 old who is about to die Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
death_to_dib

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe she wants to make someone really happy before they die. It doesnt have to always be about greed you know it can be an act of kindness, geez. I know id love to have some cute young coke addict keeping me company before i died... ok maybe not a coke addict id rather not be naked in a cardboard box when im dead because someone stole all my crap
calisrue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted a vote for definitely would like to be married. and there is one person i have in mind. anyone have a guess? ya just waiting on fucking surviving my last year in school. after that if i pass boards, i should be golden, all things considered
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to marry... PHYLLIS DILLER?
Him

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The bourgeois (capitalist) sees in his wife a mere instrument of production. He hears that the means of production are to become common property, and naturally can only think that the lot of becoming common property will likewise fall to women.

He never suspects that the real point aimed at is to do away with three position of women as mere instruments of production.

For the rest, nothing is more ridiculous than the virtuous horror of our bourgeois at the community of women which he pretends will be officially established by the Communists.

The members of our bourgeoisie, not content with having the wives and daughters of their proletarians at their disposal, not to speak of common prostitutes, take special delight in mutually seducing each other's wives.

Bourgeois marriage is in reality community of wives. The Communists could at most be accused of wishing to replace a hypocritically concealed community of women by an official and open community of women. For the rest, it is evident that with the abolition of the present system of production will disappear also the community of women resulting from it, i. e., public prostitution." -K.M./F.E.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Guccipiggy wrote:
I'm going to get married, have 2.5 kids, a golden retriever and a white picket fence.

Then I'll turn into a coke addict and divorce my husband for an 80 year old who is about to die.

Your plan has one major flaw: you're supposed to go after a RICH 80 old who is about to die Wink

Compromise on a RICH 80 YEAR old?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Guccipiggy wrote:

Compromise on a RICH 80 YEAR old?

SHHHHH!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
"The bourgeois (capitalist) sees in his wife a mere instrument of production. He hears that the means of production are to become common property, and naturally can only think that the lot of becoming common property will likewise fall to women.

He never suspects that the real point aimed at is to do away with three position of women as mere instruments of production.

For the rest, nothing is more ridiculous than the virtuous horror of our bourgeois at the community of women which he pretends will be officially established by the Communists.

The members of our bourgeoisie, not content with having the wives and daughters of their proletarians at their disposal, not to speak of common prostitutes, take special delight in mutually seducing each other's wives.

Bourgeois marriage is in reality community of wives. The Communists could at most be accused of wishing to replace a hypocritically concealed community of women by an official and open community of women. For the rest, it is evident that with the abolition of the present system of production will disappear also the community of women resulting from it, i. e., public prostitution." -K.M./F.E.

Communism and Anarchism are flawed ideologies, and your posts serve only to "educate" those who are too blind to see it.
Desire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never say never. I can easily see myself never getting married. But then, in the right circumstances I could see myself getting married. I'm way too practical inside though. I'd be much more likely to marry for financial (taxes, buying a home, etc) reasons then because I was madly in love. Loving the person would be a prerequisite though.

People change, situations change, change is the only thing we can really count on.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order for me to get married I will need to find my knight in shining armor, and so far he hasn't shown up yet. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: