welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buggy forum issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3572
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
ok, i can't resist. why would it bother you to live down the street from him?


When you live in a place like I do, you tend to see celebrities all the time.

When you see how these celebrities act around paparazzi, you tend to leave them alone to conduct their own business with what little privacy they have left.


But tat's not a celebrity you say?

Bullshit.

If he's anything like Watterson, he enjoys his privacy very much. You'd think a lack of pictures of tat on the internet would indicate that he indeed does love his privacy a lot.

So why would it bother me to see him?

Because I would then have to avoid him in order for him to maintain his piece of mind.

If tat wants to speak and talk to his fans, he can do so at cons.










Dogen wrote:
mouse wrote:
Dogen is always totally serious.

of course, this means that Tat has taken Secret under his wing and is mentoring him. which i guess means that sinfest can now be one of those comics-that-never-die, because Secret will take it over.

That's why Secret stopped posting. He's taking after Tat. Makes sense, doesn't it? I'll let you decide what it says about Thy.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4903
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officially in sad territory again.
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3572
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accept donations of bitcoin and various other forms of legal tender.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10789
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't make fun of me because I'm different!


I don't know what Thy is trying to imply, but I trust his ability to understand the emotional state of others about as far as that thing growing on my head.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17267
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

So why would it bother me to see him?

Because I would then have to avoid him in order for him to maintain his piece of mind.

If tat wants to speak and talk to his fans, he can do so at cons.


or you could, you know...treat him like a normal person. like all the people who have never even heard of sinfest treat him.

and how would he know you are a fan, unless you are like totally covered in fan-gear? or came to his door to tell his you are his biggest fan ever?
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3572
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:

So why would it bother me to see him?

Because I would then have to avoid him in order for him to maintain his piece of mind.

If tat wants to speak and talk to his fans, he can do so at cons.


or you could, you know...treat him like a normal person. like all the people who have never even heard of sinfest treat him.

and how would he know you are a fan, unless you are like totally covered in fan-gear? or came to his door to tell his you are his biggest fan ever?


http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-like-living-in-la-because-people-dont-act-weird,34608/

There's a very distinct culture here mouse.

He doesn't know who I am, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Maybe you do the whole fangasm thing, but it simply isn't in my nature.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17267
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
mouse wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:

So why would it bother me to see him?

Because I would then have to avoid him in order for him to maintain his piece of mind.

If tat wants to speak and talk to his fans, he can do so at cons.


or you could, you know...treat him like a normal person. like all the people who have never even heard of sinfest treat him.

and how would he know you are a fan, unless you are like totally covered in fan-gear? or came to his door to tell his you are his biggest fan ever?


http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-like-living-in-la-because-people-dont-act-weird,34608/

There's a very distinct culture here mouse.

He doesn't know who I am, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Maybe you do the whole fangasm thing, but it simply isn't in my nature.


you....you live in a culture that believes the onion is real?

and i don't fangasm over anyone, i just treat them like i treat anyone else i might come across, and it doesn't bother me a bit.

apparently having to act like someone is just a person bothers you? you are aware that a "fangasm" means treating someone like that are _not_ like anyone else, right? still not clear why acting like you say is in your nature should bother you.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3572
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The joke in the article is that Dean Cain isn't a massively famous actor, yet he describes life how a super famous actor in LA would prefer it.

It's an in-joke, because people there actually do treat actors that way.

Why?

Because we see them all the fucking time. I see Leno driving in a different car everyday, for example.

Now lets put on our thinking hats and think really hard.

If I don't go up to these much more famous celebrities and ask for autographs and shit, why would I do that for tat?

What exactly are you missing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17267
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember this?
Thy Brilliance wrote:
mouse wrote:
i was really just defending Secret - i know better than to try reasoning with Thy.

and i thought Thy was the one who was boasting about living down the street from Tat and seeing him all the time.


Boasting about it?

I was bothered by it.


i am interpreting this as 1) yes, you do live near tat; and 2) this bothers you.

and i'm still not clear why it bothers you.

you seem to be going on about how people go nuts over celebs in LA, and that's not your nature, and you want to give tat his privacy, because he figure he values it.

so i'm saying, you give him his privacy by treating him like any other person who is _not_ a celebrity (and i know there are such people, even in LA, i used to live there myself). like HE is not a celebrity, that is. you know - treat him like you treat the grocery clerk, or the guy at the bus stop, or the woman pushing her kid in a stroller, or any of the other people you see that you don't recognize.

and this doesn't seem to be computing for you, and so now you are giving me onion articles about "little' celebs wanting to be mobbed like "big" celebs, except you think tat doesn't want to be mobbed and you don't want to mob him and i'm not seeing the problem. 'cause it really doesn't matter what dean cain wants or some random normal does, it's what you do. if you don't want to mob him, you just, you know, don't mob him. is what i'm saying.

have you somehow twisted it around so you think when i say
mouse wrote:
or you could, you know...treat him like a normal person. like all the people who have never even heard of sinfest treat him.
(which to me means "treat tat LIKE YOU WOULD TREAT ANY OTHER NON-FAMOUS PERSON" ) that you think i mean "MOB HIM MOB HIM PIN HIM DOWN AND MAKE HIM AUTOGRAPH YOUR ENTIRE BODY JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CRAZY LA PERSON WOULD DO"?

'cause that's, like, the total opposite of what i'm saying.

in other words, what i am missing is why it bothers you to not go up to tat for autographs when you don't go up to anyone else for autographs.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17267
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just realized i now have a vision of Thy pouncing on every human he encounters in LA demanding autographs. add that to my list of "reasons to never set foot in LA again".
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3572
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me mouse, how do you think I treat non-famous people?

Do you think I just introduce myself to random strangers?

In other words, why are you so bothered by my choice of simply avoiding tat, or any other famous person really?


Better yet, let's abandon this line of questioning and get straight to the point.


Let's talk about the nature of relationships for a moment.

Let's talk about first impressions.


How you first introduce yourself to a person will affect the nature of the relationship you have with that person.

Can a lowly fan such as myself ever be treated like an equal if I were to introduce myself to a famous actor?

Highly unlikely.

Why then, should I subject myself to a momentary relationship where I am expected to be a worshiper of this other person?

Frankly, it feels rather demeaning.

Which is why I would prefer to avoid any incident.

Which is why it would bother me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10878
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once stabbed a homeless person to death.



It was cool though. He wasn't a "real" homeless person.



He totally had a home, I had just burned it to the ground is all.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10878
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...what were we talking about again?
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3429
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Wait...what were we talking about again?


Cheetos the size of basketballs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ennis



Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 812
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did... did I cause all of this?

I wish Tat did go to cons. But since I live in Australia, he probably wouldn't come to my cons anyway. I just wish he'd release a new compilation with more recent strips for me to buy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group