welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Democrats finally go on the offensive. (It's about time.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking it's once a "Mr. President," always a "Mr. President."
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really?

well maybe I'll have a go at it after all
kame

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fjafjan wrote:
pretty much on topic

Clinton lays the smackdown on FOX

Now I wanna blow Clinton. Rolling Eyes And he get's to call himself president forever, and he'll always be referred to as president (I think it's part of the perks).

I do enjoy how he kept touching the guys leg to make a point... kinda sexy.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i chuckle painfully whenever i hear someone address gore as mr. president.
fjafjan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get america at all, Paris hilton creates a media stur but the presidents two highly suspicious election rouses anger only among a selective group of people.

Its just so strange...
E-boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even as a registered republican I'd have to say that I'd vote democrat this time around. If Hillary runs, I'd vote for her. If Gore runs I'd vote for him.... Not sure about any of the others.

If the republicans field MCcaine, I'd vote for him though. I'm not entirely comfortable with his abortion stance, but he's not the sort to go against the voters on something like that, and frankly he's been one of the few voices of reason from the republican sector through the Bush administration.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccain's a far-right in centrist clothing
E-boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that, I'd probably pick gore or clinton before him. However, I think he'd also do a great deal towards the U.S. regaining some moral credibility with the rest of the world.

It's pretty sad, that I think this way now, but it's the truth. I actually lean a great deal towards Clinton, if she chooses to run. I can't say I like her on a personal level, but I respect her positions on a lot of the issues.

Did you hear about the Bill Clinton interview? Man he took it to that guy's ass! WOOT! Made me laugh.
kame

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently noone at fox news watches the daily show. Clinton just did exactly what he spelled out on TDS. If the NeoCons attacks him on something, he is going to hit them back, just as hard, and usually with something much more consistent with reality.

Still, I wonder if that little pissant Wallach wet himself when Clinton made like he was getting off the chair.
E-boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God that made me laugh so damn hard! Smile

Better even than the time Brokaw tried to corner Bush senior with a question he'd agreed not to ask before the interview (that was Brokaw right? Damn my memory sucks these days...).
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Generally speaking it's once a "Mr. President," always a "Mr. President."

Generals and Admirals are usually life time comissions so they get to keep their titles too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow - old bill certainly isn't afraid to go after someone for a shady interview, is he? good for him! and i hope the usual fox-watchers made note (maybe some of them even remember) the way the right attacked him for his attempts on bin laden before. i remember the whole 'wag the dog' fuss.

the only thing with the democratic attack, though, it's not enough to point out (yet again) that bush is seriously deluded. we really do need to offer an alternate strategy. if we leave iraq, who takes our place? or do we just hope they all settle in there and kill each other? there is now the potential that iran might just step right on in (since that is a shiite country and iraq is predominantly shiite) - is that necessarily a bad thing? might that distract them from their own quest for nuclear arms? it would deprive them of the argument that we were colonizing the middle east, or whatever they are saying now. and if they took over, they would have to start paying some costs of rebuilding iraq - that might slow them down. protecting the u.s. is easy, we just do all the things the republicans have failed to do - protect the ports and targets like chemical plants, rebuild our moral credibility, put people on trial so we make it clear to the world what exactly they have done - but someone needs to come out and say these things.

and yeah, e-boy, read up on mccain some. i respect him for standing up on things like campaign finance reform and now the geneva convention (although this is something that is clearly closer to him than anyone else) - but he has some real far-right views. and he has shown himself willing to hold hands with some real nutcases to get the vote...not a mark of a strong character in my book.
death_to_dib

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCaine is about the saddest part of the republican party for me because even though he has some rightwing views i think he is at least TRYING to be a half decent politician and not a complete idiot. He could potentially turn the republican party around if he would stop cowtowing everytime the party leaders stood against him. Im not saying i completely agree with him but i definatly think he at least trys to do whats right... and that i can respect a lot more than the rest of the party which seems happier to play mindgames and engage in name calling rather than actually consider whats right for the american people. I thought for a while hilary would be a good canidate to get america back on course. After seeing some of her views and some comments that pissed me off i dont really know... im pretty much just twirling my thumbs waiting for the partys to wheel out their canidates for the show.
E-boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know McCaine is a kook. I'm only saying if I had no other choice I'd probably pick him before one of Bush's cronies at this point.

I'm not a very good republican I guess...

At some point I just stopped liking any of the available choices and these days I just find that the democrats are more interested in what the american people actually think. All we gotta do is get their asses out of bed with big business. Both republicans and the Dems are bad about that.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
wow - old bill certainly isn't afraid to go after someone for a shady interview, is he? good for him! and i hope the usual fox-watchers made note (maybe some of them even remember) the way the right attacked him for his attempts on bin laden before. i remember the whole 'wag the dog' fuss.

This interview was apparently ruffling enough to be a news item in itself, being mentioned on several networks and garnering interviews with other former officials about why Clinton would get so riled and whether or not the Democrats will use it as a rallying point and what the Republican reaction will be. I showed the link to my mom yesterday and today after dinner we caught a recap of it on the national news.

Quote:
and yeah, e-boy, read up on mccain some. i respect him for standing up on things like campaign finance reform and now the geneva convention (although this is something that is clearly closer to him than anyone else) - but he has some real far-right views. and he has shown himself willing to hold hands with some real nutcases to get the vote...not a mark of a strong character in my book.

I was soooooooooo disheartened to read about him giving speeches at Falwell's Liberty University. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: