welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nov. 21: Her monthly bill is due
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Nov. 21: Her monthly bill is due Reply with quote

The payment is blood. Rolling Eyes

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Night Spade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to misogyny, Mother Nature misogynizes better than anyone else can.
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Routine refusal overreaction.

Chocolate needed, stat.

And it doesn't ever get fun.

http://sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=897
http://sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2165
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, as a guy, I always thought it was a problem, but more because of the implication (leaving red strain of death everywhere, limiting movements, random anger explosions...). At least that's what the media told me.

Is panel 3 *that* common?
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that common, but some women have them worse than others.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I dislike about popular media is that they characterize women on menstruation as emotionally unstable and thus prone to get angry for no reason. When I'm menstruating my tolerance for bullshit is a lot lower. So I'll get angrier in a faster rate. But that still means what you said was shit, don't dismiss it. Rolling Eyes
LadySunami

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm amongs the "at least one episode of severe pain a year" group. Cramps are always uncomfortable, but once or twice a year I'll get the "Oh god! Let me die!" variety. No fun.

I also find myself more crabby on my period, but I always figured that was just because I'm in fucking pain damn it!!! You try being in a good mood while in horrible uterus clenching pain.

I also get queazy super easily around that time of month. Greasy food in particular starts making me gassy and nauseous. Not sure why sabotaging my digestive system is on my body's menstral cycle agenda, but apparently it's a moderately common effect.

More then the gentlemen of the forum ever wanted to know, I'm sure. Wink
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadySunami wrote:
I also get queazy super easily around that time of month. Greasy food in particular starts making me gassy and nauseous. Not sure why sabotaging my digestive system is on my body's menstral cycle agenda, but apparently it's a moderately common effect.

Errrrr yeah, that last part might have been TMI Wink
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadySunami wrote:

Not at all, I'm a strong believer that knowledge is power. The more educated I become, the better person I become, the increased likelihood that when/if I ever enter another serious relationship with a lady I won't fuck it up and die alone.
Kendra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most women only get angry because of the pain. It's usually not as random as the media portrays it. Imagine, men of the forum, a hand with a glove covered in extremely sharp needles. This hand then somehow makes it into your body, and it's start squeezing one of your organs, let's say the stomach. This spiky hand is squeezing, twisting, punching, and massaging your stomach in the least comfortable way possible. The hand doesn't stop, even when you have collapsed to the floor, sometimes throwing up, and calling out to the Gods to please kill you then. THAT is why women are so angry. Rolling Eyes

And no...this isn't an exaggeration...for me, at least, this is a completely accurate picture.
LadySunami

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
LadySunami wrote:

Not at all, I'm a strong believer that knowledge is power. The more educated I become, the better person I become, the increased likelihood that when/if I ever enter another serious relationship with a lady I won't fuck it up and die alone.

True. I actually had no idea digestion could be influenced by menstration for ages. No media ever mentions even the possibility. I suffered quite needlessly for a long time because I had no reason to even consider a connection. Now I know to be more careful what I eat at certain times.

My boyfriend also appreciates the heads up because it avoids him having to deal with a even more crabby girlfriend monthly. And he knows me saying "No, we shouldn't go get hamburgers today" isn't me being arbitrarily picky. So yeah, if your lady friend decides approximately monthly she suddenly really doesn't want to go to her favorite burger, wing, or pizza place, she's not trying to troll you. There are probably reasons.
winterflame

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two kids, and the cramps I have now are roughly equivilant to the contractions I had in the middle of labor. Not the easy ones at the beginning. The throwing up, punch a doctor ones. Only they last for 3 or 4 DAYS instead of 9 or so hours. And the over the counter crap only dulls it a little. Enough to stand up some of the time. Yeah my tolerance for other peoples crap drops to about a 2 out out of a possible 100.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
LadySunami wrote:

Haha, even more basic than that... if you love a woman, are related to a woman, have a woman in your family, or just think women are neat, you should be at least moderately interested in understanding their bodies. There is no down side to understanding what they go through, and all you really have to do is ask.

That goes for more than just the menstrual cycle, too (though that's a good place to start). Like contraception (the pill versus IUDs versus shots versus implantable devices). Or how a particular woman orgasms (you could try measuring the distance between her clitoris and vagina, but if you don't ask first it might be awkward). Human bodies are neat, and if you find someone you like then understanding their body goes right along understanding them as a person. Everyone will be happier.
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something unspoken between women when you are at the local drug store purchasing chocolate with your ibuprofen. My cramps have been much less painful since having my daughter. Prior to that, they were manageable but it was just a constant dull pain that after 3 days really started grating on me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: