welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nov. 30: Sinfest Fan Fiction (with more 'xplotions!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Nov. 30: Sinfest Fan Fiction (with more 'xplotions!) Reply with quote

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Night Spade

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feels like a gender-swap of the Slick Hetrosexual movie motives.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else find it funny that Tat writes his own fanfiction, sort of?

It just occurred to me, I've never actually checked to see if there is any actual Sinfest fanfiction. Is there any? More importantly, is there any good fanfiction?

I just spent the past two days desperately searching for Baccano fanfiction, because I am a sad, sad person and have watched the anime at least three times and read all of the current translations of the light novels. I found a few gems, but much of it I regret subjecting myself to.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that Miss Magenta has some quality fanfiction.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
It just occurred to me, I've never actually checked to see if there is any actual Sinfest fanfiction. Is there any? More importantly, is there any good fanfiction?

There are currently three published fanfiction; none of which I think are particularly good.

One is a bad Blue/Nique smutfic that I found to be OOC, with a badly written and fetishistic portrayal of lesbianism; a Slick/Nique that I only skimmed because it's not really engaging and the dialog that I actually read was not very in-character; and then there's a weird THING??? I wrote in april with vaguely implied Slick/Xanthe and no real direction?

Although my friend wrote a sort of beginning of a Slick-centered fic that I personally found to be pretty good - although I get the feeling he might never finish it - but he hasn't shared it anywhere and has mostly been for my viewing pleasure.

Mr. Meddler wrote:

No. Not really. I do have a surplus of fanart though. Your mileage may vary on how "quality" it is, though.

Last edited by Miss Magenta on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ktern

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Spade wrote:
This feels like a gender-swap of the Slick Hetrosexual movie motives.

the lines are also reversed to "I'M GAAAAAYYY" and "I'M A WOMANNNN"

just as loud and proud as the original, if not more so, of course
Ennis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
]
Mr. Meddler wrote:

No. Not really. I do have a surplus of fanart though. Your mileage may vary on how "quality" it is, though.

I consider your sinfest art tag to be pretty quality *goes through all the pages*

Has anyone else seen a particularly godawful piece of "fanart" of Sinfest involving Dman and Xanthe? (If you've seen it y'all know what I'm talking about.) I was google image searching sinfest at one point and kept coming across it and just... urgh.

Edit: Question for Miss Magenta - if I cosplayed Lily, would you scream? Because that would almost be reason enough for me to do so. The rest of the reason is because I want to.
(haha you have a drawing of Lil'E with freckles I have freckles XD)
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh... I have not actually seen it but I get the feeling I know exactly what it's content may entail. Shit like that is the reason why I've stopped actively keeping track of fanart outside of my circle of friends, or even simply googling Sinfest here and there. I do not have the time for- nope. Nah. No. No thanks. No thank you. Nah. Nuh uh. Nope. Nah. nO. Pass. Not happening.

Ennis wrote:
Edit: Question for Misss Magenta - if I cosplayed Lily, would you scream? Because that would almost be reason enough for me to do so. The rest of the reason is because I want to.

I... I might. I bet you'd be adorable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Echo approves of this strip>

What I'm wondering, though, is what exactly to read in to the "I'm an Outlaw" title... it reads to me almost like it refers to the artist rather than any character...
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I freaking love the transition between the last panels. I could totally dig this kind of fanfiction.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, come on: If you're going to shoot the place up & make it explode, of course you'll be expelled. Big G don't play dat.

Miss Magenta wrote:
I do have a surplus of fanart though.
I always get a snicker from that blog title, "Fuck yeah, Sinfest!" Dunno why.
Anyhow, I might actually join Tumblr just so I can follow these.
winterflame

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Ehh... I have not actually seen it but I get the feeling I know exactly what it's content may entail. Shit like that is the reason why I've stopped actively keeping track of fanart outside of my circle of friends, or even simply googling Sinfest here and there. I do not have the time for- nope. Nah. No. No thanks. No thank you. Nah. Nuh uh. Nope. Nah. nO. Pass. Not happening.

Ennis wrote:
Edit: Question for Misss Magenta - if I cosplayed Lily, would you scream? Because that would almost be reason enough for me to do so. The rest of the reason is because I want to.

OMFG! Ennis, you NEED to do this, for the sake of the Sinfest world.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ennis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:

Ennis wrote:

OMFG! Ennis, you NEED to do this, for the sake of the Sinfest world.

Very Happy Okay, it'll be on my to-cosplay list after Czeslaw Meyer from Baccano. I think my cosplays are just getting progressively more obscure. I started with the Once-ler from the Lorax (fairly mainstream), then A Very Potter Musical Version of Draco Malfoy (fairly obscure, but has millions of Youtube views). Baccano is a greatly underappreciated anime set in the 1930s involving gangsters, three different parties trying to hijack a train and immortals. And then Sinfest, which you'd think for the amount of places I see strips reposted would be better-known.

The real question is what outfit should I choose? There's the default t-shirt and pants which is quite simple, the angel hoodie which was cute but I have a feeling if I go to a con people will think I'm some kind of angel cat and then the badass 'pockalypse outfit (which I think is basically the same as the more recent "strong and independant" outfit) which would take the most amount of effort but is definitely the coolest.

Next biggest concern is hair. It's a simple hairstyle but my hair is kinda different, it's longer. (Link goes to my face, a picture I uploaded to facebook to brag about getting my "can drive without a sitter" license and a waistcoat.) I could get a haircut or something I guess... I just have a feeling Lil'E's haircut would look ridiculous on me, and I don't have a widows peak anyway. Don't really know what to do about that :\

Last edited by Ennis on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd go for the red 'E' sweater. It's my favorite of his outfits. Get a red sweater and apply a letter 'E' patch and you're so ready to go.

You could also get an angel hoodie and bring it with you just in case - I don't really like the angel hoodie much in canon but this angel hoodie is hella cute.

As for hair, I think what you have right now would look fine enough for Li'l E's current hairstyle, I mean, if you don't plan on getting a wig you would probably need to dye it though since his hair is red. Maybe a bang-trim would work wonders? But, I dunno, from what I see in that pic your hair looks fine enough as is. I suppose something like this would probably be most ideal. But of course, you can always just get a red wig and just cut it appropriately so that you don't have to mess with your actual hair. Depends on what's cheapest and most available to you, I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: