welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Wrong With The World?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: What's Wrong With The World? Reply with quote

Quote:
EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. - A woman accused of killing a pregnant woman and her fetus told police she drowned the woman's three young children and stuffed them into a washer and dryer at their apartment, an official said Sunday.

Preliminary autopsies on the dead children Sunday appear to show they were drowned, Ace Hart, a deputy St. Clair County coroner, told The Associated Press.

As of Sunday, Tiffany Hall, 24, had not been charged in the children's deaths, but prosecutors on Saturday accused Hall of killing their mother, Jimella Tunstall, 23, and her fetus. The fetus had been cut from her womb, authorities said.

According to Sunday's autopsies, there were no signs of physical abuse or trauma on the children — ages 7, 2, and 1 — and toxicology tests were pending "to see if they were poisoned or possibly drugged," Hart said.

"They were not drowned there in the wash machine," Hart stressed.

On Sunday, the community turned to prayer to understand the slayings at a service for the slain family.

"This is an opportunity for people to turn to God," said Debra Kenton, a member of the New Life Community Church. "Who else can explain things like this?"

Authorities suspect Tunstall was slain on or about Sept. 15.

That day, Hall summoned police to a park, saying she had given birth to a stillborn child, Hart said. She was arrested after she told her boyfriend during the baby's funeral that the baby wasn't his and that she had killed the mother to get it, authorities said.

Tunstall's body was found Thursday, and authorities began a furious search for her children. Police said the children were last seen with the Hall on Monday.

Authorities had visited Tunstall's apartment Friday but noticed nothing amiss while looking for photographs of the children for media outlets to publicize in their search, Hart said.

While in custody, Hart says, Hall told investigators she killed the children at another location, then hauled them home and hid them in the washer and dryer.

Hall said he understood why investigators may have overlooked the children during their previous trip to the apartment. "Who would be looking in the washer and dryer?"

By Saturday night, Hart said, "you could find them by the smell."

The oldest, 7-year-old DeMond Tunstall, was found in the dryer and the younger two children — 2-year-old Ivan Tunstall-Collins and 1-year-old Jinela Tunstall — in the washer. Two of the children were found nude, the third wearing only underpants, Hart said.

Hall remained jailed Sunday on $5 million bond, charged with first-degree murder in Tunstall's death and with intentional homicide of an unborn child.

Meanwhile, stuffed animals continued to mount outside Tunstall's apartment, its door crisscrossed with white evidence tape. There was a white teddy bear, and a stuffed race car with DeMond's name.

An autopsy showed that Jimella Tunstall bled to death after sustaining an abdominal wound caused by a sharp object, believed to be scissors, Hart has said. Authorities believe her womb was cut open after she was knocked unconscious.

Relatives say Tunstall grew up with Hall and had let her baby-sit her children. Hall has two children of her own. Illinois State Police Capt. Craig Koehler said they are "safe and sound."

Hall likely will be arraigned Monday on the two charges, each carrying a 20 to 60 years or life in prison, prosecutors said. The murder count could be punishable by the death penalty.

DNA tests should determine definitively whether the baby was the one Tunstall was carrying, Hart said.

I was hoping they would find the kids alive. I was hoping that it would end with only one sick and twisted incident, and now... wow. People like this, what do you do with people who can commit these types of crimes? White padded room? Rot in jail the rest of their lives? Wow... those poor children. Crying or Very sad
death_to_dib

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...im totally at a loss here. I cant even in my darkest wildest dream concieve why or how you could do something that horrible to someone... that bitch is sick.
sporko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...wait, why isn't she being charged with the deaths of the three other kids again?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
...wait, why isn't she being charged with the deaths of the three other kids again?

My guess would be that the police fucked up that part of the investigation and to include their murders in the charges could result in the whole case getting thrown out of court.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:

I believe they just haven't charged her yet. I have no idea what Darqcyde is going on about.
Azmoten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn it.
kame

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"This is an opportunity for people to turn to God," said Debra Kenton, a member of the New Life Community Church. "Who else can explain things like this?"

I can, I can! This woman was batshit fucking insane!
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw that. I understand the thought behind it, but really it will just come off as her being over-zealous with her converting of people to Christianity.

What's the punishment you give to someone who commits these types of crimes? This woman killed the mother, gutted out her unborn child, passed it off as her own dead "stillborn" child, and drowned the mother's 3 other kids before stuffing them in a washer and dryer.

Does this earn her the right to capital punishment once convicted? Or does she need help and to be put in a white padded room, or maybe she just needs to rot in jail the rest of her life living off our taxes to give her 3 square meals a day?
kame

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worse than that. You're asking people to go to church at a time when they are probably not emotionally/psychologically coherant enough to make that decision, when they are exponentially more open to suggestion than they would be otherwise.

Oh yeah, and I already know the church answer, "God's will, God's plan," or maybe they'll mix it up and say the woman was posessed by a demon. I dunno, my answer is still better.

But to stay on topic, really, honestly, given the last 10-15 years, why is anyone really surprised at yet another gruesome child killing?

Jen, given the nature of the crimes, I'm leaning towards the padded room. And no, she shouldn't be executed because executing crazy people is retarded. Well, executing anyone is retarded, but I'm really trying to stay on topic.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think that churches make themselves particularly known in situations like this so that grief can be shared and hope reaffirmed.

But that was a silly ass statement.

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, and in re: the title question?
People aren't wearing enough hats.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, staying on topic... the woman charged was the victim's friend, and even watched the children. So you think she just snapped and is now forever crazy or was crazy all along and knew how to hide it, or was sane then snapped into crazy mode and is now back to sane again? I'm not entirely convinced she's crazy.

Some people are just capable of fucked up crimes like this to cover their own asses. I'm not saying she's sane either, but she was sane up until this, and I don't like people using "temporary insanity" as their get out of jail free card.
fjafjan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re title question
People are wearing too much clothes
*will regret this*

EDIT: touchë

Last edited by fjafjan on Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fjafjan wrote:
re title question
People are wearing too much clothes
*will regret this*

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: