welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dec. 7: BEEP BEEP BEEP!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Dec. 7: BEEP BEEP BEEP! Reply with quote

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Night Spade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea 'Nique but Dudebro Inc has already developed the Stealth Rotten Tomato in anticipation of this possibility.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:/ Last panel reminds me of problems with the TSA.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear.

Given the current plotline, I'm pretty sure that's Lily setting off the detector...

I don't know how she's going to take to a guy trying to come in looking for his friend. And given Lily's current mental state-

... This may not end well for the guy. =(
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think things will end poorly for Li'l E if he is actually the one going through. Considering the fact that Curly is there - she wouldn't let Li'l Sis harm him.

Not only is Curly the most patient and understanding of the sisterhood thus far, and thus would recognize that he's completely harmless and would not allow anything to befall him... but Li'l E is also confirmed to be Sisterhood Approved. Xanthe has shown that she wants him on their side twice, and Curly seems to be the closest to Xanthe and likely second in command if not straight-up the leader. And thus she would likely know about any plans of welcoming Li'l E onto their side. Li'l Sis may attempt to harm him for his intrusion, but based on what we know of Curly, it's very likely that she'd stop her in her tracks and calmly reassure Li'l E. Curly is the one who encourages guys that it's ok to cry, after all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really hoping that Tat is using the figurative sense of "dick" otherwise there are some pretty uncomfortable cissexist and transmisogynist implications. Hell, even some gross TERF-ey or right-wing bathroom-policing ideas are based around the idea of "if you have a dick, I should know, because dicks are inherently threatening". The idea that someone can detect what kind of configuration is going on in your pants with a device just really creeps me out.

Not related but I had a dream I met Tat last night. I was being really enthusiastic telling him how much I loved Sinfest but all the time I was worried he was going to run away if I got too excited. So I restrained myself and tried to be cool. I don't remember what happened, other than him being nice and glad I liked Sinfest so much.
Echo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that it's the figurative version - detecting someone *being* a dick rather than possessing one.

Hooray for Mini-'Nique and Tess building warning devices. Wish I could borrow some...
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I am really hoping that Tat is using the figurative sense of "dick" otherwise there are some pretty uncomfortable cissexist and transmisogynist implications.

Yeah, ehh... me too. Like honestly the first time the dick detector showed up I was uncomfortable. Like, I figured that Tat was using dick as a synonym for jerk, ... but it was still poorly named and it still made me uncomfortable. And it made one of my close friends really uncomfortable too. I wish he had called it the prick detector instead. It's not alliterative, but it rhymes with dick detector... eeugh. I do not want Tat going down that road.

Ennis wrote:
Not related but I had a dream I met Tat last night. I was being really enthusiastic telling him how much I loved Sinfest but all the time I was worried he was going to run away if I got too excited. So I restrained myself and tried to be cool. I don't remember what happened, other than him being nice and glad I liked Sinfest so much.

Oooh... that reminds me, one time I dreamt that Tat moved into my neighborhood, I don't really remember much about it except that we became drinking buddies for some reason? I don't even like alcohol, and I can't legally drink booze either, so that was weird and in general it didn't really make sense.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
I'm sure that it's the figurative version - detecting someone *being* a dick rather than possessing one.

But if it is, it shouldn't be Lil'E/Lily, right? Because he's not being a dick right now, and hasn't been for quite a while. Idk the only way I'm not going to feel really uncomfortable is if it turns out to be someone like Slick or Dman, or possibly that random John.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off: Aww Minique and tech girl are bonding!~ Squee.

Second: Ye, hopefully figurative dicks. :s
Echo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:

But if it is, it shouldn't be Lil'E/Lily, right? Because he's not being a dick right now, and hasn't been for quite a while. Idk the only way I'm not going to feel really uncomfortable is if it turns out to be someone like Slick or Dman, or possibly that random John.

Oh, absolutely, Lil'E shouldn't be setting off the Dick Detector (figurative version). If it's anyone in particular, my shiny penny is on Sleaze, given his current form for intruding into Slick's life and being unpleasant.
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
I wish he had called it the prick detector instead. It's not alliterative, but it rhymes with dick detector... eeugh. I do not want Tat going down that road.

Doesn't "prick" have the exact same origins as "dick" though? Originally a term used to refer to male genitalia, now has the connotation of someone acting like a jerk. It's just that people still use "dick" to refer to genitalia but they don't so much use "prick" any more. But I've still seen it used in that way.

So... I don't know. I think that the uncomfortable double meaning would still be there. I'm gonna wait and see what Tat does with this before I decide whether it was a really, really bad idea to go there or just a sort of bad idea.
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
Oh, absolutely, Lil'E shouldn't be setting off the Dick Detector (figurative version). If it's anyone in particular, my shiny penny is on Sleaze, given his current form for intruding into Slick's life and being unpleasant.

I've just thought, maybe it's more than one person. Maybe to cheer Li'l E up, Slick (and by association, Sleaze) offered to help him go find his 'friend' and this was the first place they looked. Then it would be anyone's guess as to who is really setting off the detector (though my money, like yours, would still be on Sleaze).

Ennis wrote:
Idk the only way I'm not going to feel really uncomfortable is if it turns out to be someone like Slick or Dman, or possibly that random John.

Oooh yeah, I forgot he was still wandering around. Okay, my money is on Sleaze or Mr. Random John. I'd love to see the resultant confrontation in any case.

(Sorry for the double post 'n' stuff. I keep thinking of extra things to say).
cleocatra

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I am really hoping that Tat is using the figurative sense of "dick" otherwise there are some pretty uncomfortable cissexist and transmisogynist implications. Hell, even some gross TERF-ey or right-wing bathroom-policing ideas are based around the idea of "if you have a dick, I should know, because dicks are inherently threatening". The idea that someone can detect what kind of configuration is going on in your pants with a device just really creeps me out.

I actually hope this is the case! Because I think the sisterhood needs to deal with transmisogynistic issues too! Maybe even lil sis splits apart from the main group if she's super anti-penis, 'cuz there really should be discussion on the fact that some trans women are denied access to women-only spaces because of radfems.

We can't pretend everything is always peachy in the land of feminism :V!
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh there's definitely dissent in Feminism land. Problem is that it's hard to discuss those when you've got groups who think all feminists are teh evilist evil of satan world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: