welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-Dec-10: The Women Were Gone...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rising_Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkruzr wrote:
Point of order: you wouldn't make clones of clones; you'd clone one generation and then reproduce normally.

Which would kind of defeat the point, right? I mean you would just have the men to take X chromosomes from, so in the end you would just have copies of men with duplicated chromosomes.
starkruzr wrote:
The social upheaval caused by this would be a disaster, of course, and likely result in the worst conditions for women on planet Earth ever seen in human history, but I guess Ponytail still gets what she wants.
Agreed.
starkruzr wrote:
I mean, whatever. People write stupid shit when they're angry, whether the anger is justified (as hers is) or not.
Just to be clear, I was not calling your stuff 'bad fanfiction', rather I was saying hers was.

And it is fine to write stuff when you are angry. I would not mind a comic or two about the Sisters every now and then... The problem is that these days Sinfest as a whole spins on the wheel of feminism. I would not mind it if it actually addressed the patriarchical issues in today's society. In fact I think I would like that - spot-critique is a good thing.

But come on people... A character's bad fanfiction about how women suddenly go onboard a spaceship and dissapear? Neutral
Istancow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pyro is best character, I like to think Pyro is an agender animate flame that inhabits a body, though I main Medic

It's been established by a series of hats (undeniable proof!) that Pyro does not actually have a conventional head under the mask.
Rune

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Wanderer wrote:
Alpha Aim wrote:
This is the plot of an anime. I'm sure of it. They even solved the reproduction issue.

Probably more than one. It brought Blue Drop to my mind, with the all-female aliens, the Arume. All-female because their males had died out centuries ago, and they'd modified their species to be able to sexually reproduce among women, if I recall my research correctly.

Sounds like Vandread to me. So, yeah, more than one.
Rising_Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also do not forget Star Control II. The Syreen are only females. And humanoid while at that.
starkruzr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rising_Phoenix wrote:
Also do not forget Star Control II. The Syreen are only females. And humanoid while at that.

Not only females.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you can go back to Joanna Russ and The Female Man (at least, the Whileaway bits).
tricksterson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of an old Ray Bradbury story from The Martian Chronicles in which all the blacks leave America, or at least the South, for Mars.
Moor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricia wrote:
Cool, I'm a thought experiment. Pfft and they said I would never accomplish anything.

(I'm terrible at reading subtext, especially online, but was what I said insulting to you? If so, I sincerely apologize. We apologize for the interruption.)

Is the Bradbury thing an actual thing? If it is, it was probably the inspiration.
Rising_Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkruzr wrote:
Rising_Phoenix wrote:

Not only females.
Point, but they do say "they were the last" in Star Control II.
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha Aim wrote:
This is the plot of an anime. I'm sure of it. They even solved the reproduction issue.
But is this what Xanthe wants? Hopefully we'll find out soon.
Anywho, one more joke and I'll be sure she's capable of comedy.

Vandread... You are thinking of Vandread.
Nargrakhan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha Aim wrote:

It's a plot in several anime. Predating the already aforementioned Vandread is Macross (which was bastardized as Robotech in America).

The Zentradi were an all male warrior race of giant humanoids. The Meltrandi were an all female warrior race of giant humanoids. They were originally from the same planet and integrated like normal humans. Both species could still theoretically breed and have children, but thousands of years of separation and military social engineering (along with cloning technology) made the idea repugnant to them. Both considered the other to practically be an alien species and often sought to genocide the other, when they weren't exterminating some random alien race they encountered (like they tried with humanity).

In Macross the Meltrandi were depicted as the superior of the two (female deadlier than the male thing): they had access to better technology and better genetic manipulation. The limiting factor on the Meltrans, was a lack of cloning ships. The Zentradi had more, and some of the battles fought was to take and/or deny control of the cloning vats. It was never stated who was on the winning side of that conflict, as humanity ended up throwing a wrench in everything...

The hatred between Zentran and Meltran was so strong, even after humanity integrated them into Earth culture after the war, neither liked interacting with the other. Zentran generally preferred human women and Meltran generally preferred human males, over each other.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously all women need to become Space Pirates.
Timpie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think becoming space pirates in an universe with only female spacefearers would be kind of self-destructive.
Rune

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
Alpha Aim wrote:

Beatcha to it. Wink
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
TerseRiddle wrote:
Alpha Aim wrote:

Beatcha to it. Wink

I know.
*disappointingly snaps fingers*

didn't notice it until after I posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: