welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dec. 18: Strong and Independant
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Dec. 18: Strong and Independant Reply with quote

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily! Why must you tug my heartstrings so?!

Why must you be restricted to a 2-D image on a laptop which makes holding you in a close and warm huggle so difficult?!
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a point though. How can you be yourself when you don't even know who you are? Although, everyone on the forum seems to agree he seems to be acting more naturally post-Lethe anyway. The angry internet troll/devil fanboy did seem a lot more like a facade than current Lil'E/Lily.
calagon1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
He has a point though. How can you be yourself when you don't even know who you are? Although, everyone on the forum seems to agree he seems to be acting more naturally post-Lethe anyway. The angry internet troll/devil fanboy did seem a lot more like a facade than current Lil'E/Lily.

How can you be anyone else though? Just because you don't know who you are doesn't mean you can't act like oneself.
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah, that's what I mean by he's acting more naturally now than before. But if I lost all/most of my memories of my life, the things I enjoyed doing, my interests, hobbies, etc. then I'd be feeling a bit lost as to what to do to "be myself". He's found out that he likes angels and glitter, also doing fun stuff with Pebbles, but other than that, what?
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lil'E you need a hug so bad. Also I like Old Year. He just seems like a pleasant and personable guy. Sorry he has to die.
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cries a river*
Rising_Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calagon1 wrote:
Ennis wrote:

How can you be anyone else though? Just because you don't know who you are doesn't mean you can't act like oneself.
I think the problem lies in that having amnesia kind of destroys a significant portion of the "who I am" part.

Imagine if one day you woke up and, all of a sudden, no memories whatsoever of your past. Childhood memories? Gone. Music you liked? Gone. Favourite food? Gone. Best friend, idol/hero or rolemodel? All. Gone.

That is not to say you cannot see things from a different perspective - you would just a Lil'E is doing so - but is it really "you"? Are you acting like you are because this is the "real you" or are you acting this way because you no longer have any idea as to how to act in such situation?
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may know yourself in the moment, but as the moment passes, that momentary self changes, dies, is reborn, replaced, rebuilt. To wholly know thyself is to see thyself in time, but your only perceptions of time are the moment and the memory. You cannot truly understand who you are until the moment you die.
Echo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rising_Phoenix wrote:

That is not to say you cannot see things from a different perspective - you would just a Lil'E is doing so - but is it really "you"? Are you acting like you are because this is the "real you" or are you acting this way because you no longer have any idea as to how to act in such situation?

Hmmmm. I'm not sure that you'd necessarily lose all knowledge of how to act in various situations if you lost your memories. You'd still have learned behaviours, but you wouldn't know what experiences had formed them.

I'd have to read up more on memory-loss-specific aspects of dementia care and similar topics to comment properly on this, though.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand not knowing how you know certain things can be very confusing. I can also understand you'd feel 'empty'.

I do find it interesting that Tat is keeping this up, usually people with amnesia get it back in some way by now. Then again this is Sinfest.
Extra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story arc has prompted me to write myself a message in the event I lose my memory, the note tells the new me not to try and be like me and just be himself.
Extra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Yinello"]I can understand not knowing how you know certain things can be very confusing. I can also understand you'd feel 'empty'.

I do find it interesting that Tat is keeping this up, usually people with amnesia get it back in some way by now. Then again this is Sinfest.[/quote]

It's because it's not a natural amnesia it's magic amnesia, and because of that I think lily is permanent.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he were to regain his Lil' E memories though, would he go back to being Lil' E or would he also have his memories as Lily? Unless something wiped out the Lily memories I don't think he could possibly go back to how he was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: