Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-Jan-04 "I Will Not Comply"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night Spade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: 2014-Jan-04 "I Will Not Comply" Reply with quote

Would being in the 'Real World' help or hinder Rogue Hunter's bid for free will?
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and that's how 2013 came to pass.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, he's going to drive a tank over there and bomb them?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a shiny penny that says she's got a remotely activated self-destruct, with the controls in the hands of a complete jerk.

I just hope Pink Fembot makes it out of the blast zone. Despite not being shown, poor MMXIII will probably be *inside* it...
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the wave form in the first panel. It looks like an ECG but it's missing several waves and doesn't really make sense (why are we seeing her heart rate?), but it also doesn't look anything like an EEG (brain wave) even though that would make sense given the whole control aspect.

Maybe it's neither, and I'm just reading too much into it. Razz
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I don't like the wave form in the first panel. It looks like an ECG but it's missing several waves and doesn't really make sense (why are we seeing her heart rate?), but it also doesn't look anything like an EEG (brain wave) even though that would make sense given the whole control aspect.

She's a robot, re-establishing a comms link... could it be some sort of sync pulse? Like the tones old modems [and fax machines] make when establishing a handshake?
Ricia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

Penguin could be right, or maybe it is an EEG of a sort. Robots's brainwaves might just look completely different then ours.

Also I hope Domi-bot (or whatever we're calling her) doesn't explode. I'll be sad. I have to wonder though, does Death come for robots?
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're still in the Reality Zone, which they seem to be how is Milton able to use an override, much less destruct her?
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh I really hope she doesn't get destroyed and things end well because I may or may not ship it (NO REALLY THOUGH GRANNY FINDS THEM AND THEY LEARN TO KNIT TOGETHER AND FLOUNCE AROUND IN ADORABLE KNITWARE AND WEAR FLOWER CROWNS AND ARE HAPPY please I want this because reasons.)
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone that deals in Comms, what it looks like to me is a transmission wave form, as in radio wave transmission. What we're probably seeing is the electronic signal from Milton's Device.

That being said, the reason I think that he's still able to communicate/reach The Assassin Bot is two fold. The reason Botsy gained complete freedom is the fact Slick went IN the Reality Zone with the Controller, the Controller then broke because such technology couldn't exist in reality, thus disabling her from receiving any commands until she had established her own sense of self.

However in this circumstance, only the Assassin Bot went in, thus making her Real, but still able to receive signals from the Unbroken Controller, because Radio Waves CAN exist in both Sinfestverse and Reality, communication between the two is possible, but absolute remote control over another is NOT possible which is why she can fight it.

Sadly, if there is some kind of remote detonator... That should still work as well, as bombs inside people work just as well in reality as they do in Sinfestverse. Really hope we're wrong on this....
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proposition: Milton has a self destruct button that may or may not work now that Weapon F is in the reality zone, but when he goes to press it, he stops. He doesn't have the will to destroy his creations, because, in a way, he loves them.

And that way my previous proposition can come true, because I really want it to.

I really want all of these characters to get along, and not kill each other (I mean, with the exception of Death and MMXIII).
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milton, if you press self-destruct I will radiate hate at you.
starkruzr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiss this character goodbye, guys. Looks like Tat wrote her into a corner.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Ugh I really hope she doesn't get destroyed and things end well because I may or may not ship it (NO REALLY THOUGH GRANNY FINDS THEM AND THEY LEARN TO KNIT TOGETHER AND FLOUNCE AROUND IN ADORABLE KNITWARE AND WEAR FLOWER CROWNS AND ARE HAPPY please I want this because reasons.)
That would be nice but I'd settle for lesbian robot sex.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
Samsally wrote:
That would be nice but I'd settle for lesbian robot sex.
No.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: