welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-01-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a manufactured fembot can become "real" enough to be self-aware... what about Fuchsia?

Is there hope that she, too, will one day be able to enter the Zone?
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling this would lead to some character development on Milton's part. I don't know whether it'll necessarily be enough to turn him against his former employer, but this is definitely regret we're seeing. And that's a start.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA_Penguin wrote:

Maybe if she finds a way to become human again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comic name/title is "2014-01-19: Playback"; mind changing the title?

(yes, that's all I have to say for today strip >_<)
5li

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's no character basis for this but I wonder if he's planning to reverse his decision upon seeing the playback. Perhaps respawn a new assassin bot with the old one's memories.
Echo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Milton walks away, he's still carrying the remote control. He's not chucked it away. He's not left it behind him. He's still got it.

I doubt this has been a trigger for change. He may want to try and avoid using the Weaponised Fembots again, but I think he'll still do it, and self-destruct them if they look like becoming free, if he gets yelled at.
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
As Milton walks away, he's still carrying the remote control. He's not chucked it away. He's not left it behind him. He's still got it.

I doubt this has been a trigger for change. He may want to try and avoid using the Weaponised Fembots again, but I think he'll still do it, and self-destruct them if they look like becoming free, if he gets yelled at.

Or he's gonna bitch-slap the devil with it. What a way to actually end this storyline Very Happy

But who am I kidding, storyline ending in Sinfest? haha.
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:

Clever metaphor about clinging to an sense and illusion of being in control?
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
SA_Penguin wrote:

Maybe if she finds a way to become human again.

I still kind of think that "facing reality" might be the necessary and painful way to do that. The fires might burn the devil part, but leave the person. A dramatic sort of, "the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off" kind of thing. But that's just my own speculation.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pebbles burns in the reality zone. Fuchsia doesn't. Fuchsia starts crumbling and falling apart. Her fingers were falling off and crumbling... like ashes from a cigarette... I doubt that she'd be turning into dust if the zone had the ability to turn her human. So I honestly think the reality zone does not have the power to return her to whatever her original form may be, human or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can still dream.

Though, it just occurs to me what a good thing it is that Botsy left the Reality Zone before deciding to go all hara kiri, considering it was two devil people who stopped her.
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though, I'm still sort of remembering Fyoosh putting her hand back into the reality zone in another strip to test again, and there being smoke...
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Here it is:

Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I wonder if there are any explanations for the different effects on devil people re: the reality zone. We know Li'l E can go there with no trouble at all, no pain, no burning, no crumbling... Pebbles entered the zone and caught on fire, although she was wearing a cross so there's no clue how that factored in... first time we see Fuchsia in the zone she starts crumbling like ash, and then when she tries again she's starting to sizzle... Sleaze and Slick both caught on fire when Sleaze entered the zone... like, what determines that Li'l E is ok in the zone? Why did Fuchsia start dissolving into dust the first time, but only sizzling slightly the second? Does it have something to do with the fact that she's only slightly putting her hand in there, instead of her whole body? The world may never know, since we all know Tat doesn't really have any interest in clarifying ANYTHING in this comic...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's any point in expecting a consistency in the supernatural-universe-physics of Sinfestverse, especially about the reality zone. It can very well happen that some characters who can't enter it right now might be able to , in the future, possibly after some event that signalised "they came to terms with who they truly are, besides their superficial 'non-humanism' and can now enter the reality zone"...or they might never be able to. *shrugs* Tat uses physics according to his story-telling desires, not the other way around. Honestly, the only consistence I can hope for in this, is that characters who have been established as either being able to enter (Lil'E) or not to (Fuchsia and so on) undergo some change if the zone's acceptane (or lack thereof) of them changes....even if the whys and hows this change was what was needed to enter/not_enter won't be throughly explained.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: