welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1/22/2014 - The Book of Duderonomy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And today we taketh our holy communion in remembrance of THE Penis that gave himself for our salvation today. We shall take this soggy cracker and taketh the flesh of THE Penis within you. We shall take the juice of THE Penis and as we drink we shall recite the sacred words of the Dude Bro. So now taketh your cracker and juice, and say after me, "no homo."

*the congregation recites* "No homo."
Leohan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
And today we taketh our holy communion in remembrance of THE Penis that gave himself for our salvation today. We shall take this soggy cracker and taketh the flesh of THE Penis within you. We shall take the juice of THE Penis and as we drink we shall recite the sacred words of the Dude Bro. So now taketh your cracker and juice, and say after me, "no homo."

You'd make for a great priest, for Duderonomy or otherwise.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to want to be a priest or a monk. That would probably have been an entertaining failure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad raised me on Kung Fu movies, so I wanted to be a Shaolin Monk...

I still think that would be kinda badass, but... celibacy. And no more fish.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad's a Buddhist, but I never wanted to be a Buddhist monk. There's a lot of silence and menial labor and meditation and hitting when you fall asleep in meditation... I just didn't need that.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:

ALL THE HOMO

*gets kicked out of church*
Ennis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES HOMO

*congregation glares, pelts me with playboy magazines for my trespass*
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
TerseRiddle wrote:

My dad is married to the daughter of a church pastor... she is in the choir, and my three step siblings are all do something related to the church... drumming.. singing.. dancing... my dad now deals with the electronics there. And somehow I was made into a sunday school teacher. The kids all like me and I apparently have a knack for explaining things to the kids in a way that they actually understand. Really weird considering that I'm not particularly religious... so i never explain anything in a religious way... and the children understand it better.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
My dad's a Buddhist, but I never wanted to be a Buddhist monk. There's a lot of silence and menial labor and meditation and hitting when you fall asleep in meditation... I just didn't need that.

All that appealed to me, but then Isaw the daily schedule which involved very little sleep, and I decided no.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
The kids all like me and I apparently have a knack for explaining things to the kids in a way that they actually understand. Really weird considering that I'm not particularly religious... so i never explain anything in a religious way... and the children understand it better.

There's nothing weird about that.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Dogen wrote:

All that appealed to me, but then Isaw the daily schedule which involved very little sleep, and I decided no.

I'm just not good at not talking... you may recall.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I don't actually. My memory has hazily compressed the conversation into a few interesting things that were said.

I can't visualize people in my head either, so I just recall the hazy outline of a headless person at a table. Pretty sure you're not headless.

(But I can remember buildings!)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, in fact my head is one of my better features. It's where I keep my brains and my breathing/eating hole. I just worry that because I find everything interesting people will only notice that I ramble on and on about everything. Wink
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all good, that's how I have conversations.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
Leohan wrote:
TerseRiddle wrote:

My dad is married to the daughter of a church pastor... she is in the choir, and my three step siblings are all do something related to the church... drumming.. singing.. dancing... my dad now deals with the electronics there. And somehow I was made into a sunday school teacher. The kids all like me and I apparently have a knack for explaining things to the kids in a way that they actually understand. Really weird considering that I'm not particularly religious... so i never explain anything in a religious way... and the children understand it better.

That's very interesting. Here's hoping that you enjoy it.

I personally like to study different religions from an atheist point of view, so I can see someone teaching religion from such a perspective and making it clearer than what you'd call the traditional way.

It's also quite comforting I'd say to hear that my instincts have a level of backup XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: