welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-01-23 Living in the spotlight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: 2014-01-23 Living in the spotlight Reply with quote

I'd very much like to hear the poem. It has been awhile since the last real poem strip.
Geareye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on people, place your bets, come on, from whom are this flowers?
Homeslice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say minique
Night Spade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky for her she did dodge those roses, if there is one handy thing I learnt from watching Sailor Moon and that is that getting hit by roses really REALLY hurts.
Istancow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifty internets says it's Voltron.
WellYesYouMay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okies, I can see the responses to this and what they might be but before that conversation....
Can I just say that I get this? I'm a feminist. I expect bad shit because, well, that's most of what I get. And I've been there and been terribly confused. Not just as a feminist but as... A Queer person who was randomly encouraged unexpectedly, A NonBinary Trans person who was strangely accepted, a mom who will... mom's have so many weird issues with each other that let's just say that I've been pleasantly surprised by encouragement.
I have even done the stop-mid-sentence-because-they-were-not-in-fact-insulting-you thing.
And I LOVE those moments.
And it doesn't make you a brat that they happen.
It just means that there's hope.
And that one little bit of your battle has already been fought, and won.
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flowers probably aren't from Minique; she seems to stay on the door, screening for rotten fruit & vegetables.

In my head the flowers are from Abby...

Also, I love the action shot of the leap.
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT ABBY THREW THEM PLEASE LET IT BE SO
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WellYesYouMay wrote:
Okies, I can see the responses to this and what they might be but before that conversation....
Can I just say that I get this? I'm a feminist. I expect bad shit because, well, that's most of what I get. And I've been there and been terribly confused. Not just as a feminist but as... A Queer person who was randomly encouraged unexpectedly, A NonBinary Trans person who was strangely accepted, a mom who will... mom's have so many weird issues with each other that let's just say that I've been pleasantly surprised by encouragement.
I have even done the stop-mid-sentence-because-they-were-not-in-fact-insulting-you thing.
And I LOVE those moments.
And it doesn't make you a brat that they happen.
It just means that there's hope.
And that one little bit of your battle has already been fought, and won.

I get it too ^_^ Also I will ready my spear for anyone that says Nique is in the wrong for being so wary. With the mass amounts of bad shit she had flung to her, this is a natural reaction. Same with your experiences.
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda hope it wasn't Minique or Absinthe that threw them. I hope it was someone else (maybe a devil-person) that was actually affected by her work and made them better people.

It's still great if it were any of her friends, but then it would come across more as a 'cheering up'. That would be nice. But it would be far less powerful than knowing that your work isn't just appreciated by people that already agree with you, that your struggle to write a compelling and convincing song or poem or story can turn heads and change minds and maybe, just maybe, begin to affect change on a societal level.

If it were Absinthe or Minique, that's nice.

What if if it were Sapphire? Or Legion?

And to that end, as a very-former MRA-sympathizer:

Thanks, Tat.
zarus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't be Abby, she's too shy for that. And Minique has already settled into a comfortable pattern, there's no reason for her to break it now. It has to be a Mystery Man.

Last edited by zarus on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Istancow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mebbyit'sslick

Nope, Voltron. Definitely Voltron.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's from someone we haven't seen yet, who is just a happy non-creepy fan that appreciates what she's doing. It would be great if it was from Abby or Minique or any of the others.

I don't think it would be from Xanthe. If it's someone we know, Abby seems likely, since she appears to like cute, sweet things.

Maybe the one with the trench coat who smokes. She strikes me as someone with no fucks to give, but I could see her appreciating 'Nique's poetry.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I certainly wouldn't mind if the roses came from Abby, Sapphire, or another devil person... I kind of hope it's from someone completely new, or, here's a suggestion, what if they're from the blond guy from Inspire Me? There are no indications that he is anything but an excitable but sweet artist who is deeply inspired by Nique's work. And if he is as truly sweet and supportive as he seemed, then he'd be an excellent addition to the cast. I think his presence would be decent for developmental opportunities for both Nique and Slick. His presence would be a decent opportunity to make a point that surely not all of Nique's fanbase consisted of traitorous scumbags, and that even if the majority was full of entitled dudebros, surely there must be a few that aren't the same. And provided he is exactly what I hope he is like, he'd make an excellent foil to Slick, who could become quite jealous and have a one-sided rivalry with him. And a fine example of what Slick should aspire to become more like.

Although, if it were him, there'd be the question of "why hasn't he ever spoken up about the heckler's at Nique's performances?" to which there aren't many explanations that wouldn't render him a complete coward. The only explanation that wouldn't make him a coward or a self-preserving jerk, and keep him as totally sweet as I want to see him be, as is that he hasn't actually been to her performances in quite a while. Maybe too busy with college to attend her shows.

But, uh... I guess that's just me...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i, too, hope it is a stranger. and i hope it's a guy. and i think it would be really nice if it was a guy who maybe started out as a dudebro but actually listened to what she said, and saw how she reacted to how she was treated...and some of it actually got threw to him. because that would give me hope that things change.

of course, you all realize tat is never going to show us who actually threw them, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: