welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jan. 25: Not pleased
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mr. Meddler



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 1558
Location: On the sunny side of the street

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Jan. 25: Not pleased Reply with quote



Who destroyed the factory?
_________________
WARNING: Microwave musclebear detection devices in use on these premises!
Flavius Maximus wrote:
Dick Detector: Carpenters call them Stud Finders Very Happy

Click here to see my artwork!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TerseRiddle



Joined: 27 Jun 2013
Posts: 233
Location: In my head

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...that's a good question... was it Milton?
_________________
Everyone is equal in the eyes of death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1855
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


http://sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4821
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Valerie



Joined: 02 Apr 2013
Posts: 263

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much (if anything) Tat knows about MLP: FiM. If he knows much about it, it's interesting that the devil seems to like Fluttershy, of all of them.

(For the uninitiated, Fluttershy is a very quiet, very polite pony, and she represents the element of kindness.)

It could mean:
1. The devil likes Fluttershy because she is traditionally feminine and suits his idea of what women "should be."
2. The devil is trying to learn something about kindness.

Thoughts? Opinions? Or does everyone want me to shut my Pega-sis pie hole?
_________________
Men and patriarchy aren't interchangeable.

Chat About
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10733
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spent like two minutes psychoanalyzing why a fictional Devil might prefer a fictional pegasus over other fictional horses... this is new for me.

Assume that the devil is using the stuffed animal for comfort. Things that bring comfort are unique in that we go to them when we're vulnerable, and thus they have to fill a need - they either (psychologically - their benefit is all inside your head, obviously) redress our vulnerability or shield another vulnerability (protect you). You might pick Voltron because he can protect you. Rainbow Dash would also be more of a protector, I think. You pick Fluttershy because she's nice to everyone and she's nonjudgmental... which is the only sort of person/pegasus you would expect to accept the Devil... and tells you that his vulnerability is that he feels alone, possibly misjudged.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6461

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either Rogue got her hat and socks back or that is old footage... (clearly I focus on what's important.)
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hydro



Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 495
Location: Under the boiling summer southern sun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie wrote:


It could mean:
1. The devil likes Fluttershy because she is traditionally feminine and suits his idea of what women "should be."
2. The devil is trying to learn something about kindness.


Hmm, I hadn't thought about your first point. I thought that simply it was even the devil can't dislike Fluttershy (who seems unable to make enemies); Fluttershy made friends with Discord, whom was misunderstood (at the very least) by practically everyone else. That would somewhat correlate with the D man, right?

Or perhaps having the Devil play with the most innocent pony toy is just the funniest?
_________________
<random>During serious lectures I ought to listen to I doodle things like my avatar.</random>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Istancow



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1098
Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the irony of it. Fluttershy contrasts the devil's expected persona.

He's the devil. He's a meanybutt. RRRR.

How unexpected that he should associate at all with somepony who is kindness incarnate!

Ergo lulz.
_________________
Skipper of the Chipper Clipper


Last edited by Istancow on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zarus



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 176

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluttershy basically has Lilith's personality (and role)

This also give him a motivation for doing what he does. If he's sad and bitter about his own failed marriage, he might feel a compulsion to break up relationships that do (kind of) work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3429
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some notable misogynistic bronies, so it isn't like the Devil would be the first one.

Also, everyone has that thing they like that just seems out of place.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MerchManDan



Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 1993
Location: Somewhere else.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I just spent like two minutes psychoanalyzing why a fictional Devil might prefer a fictional pegasus over other fictional horses... this is new for me.

Assume that the devil is using the stuffed animal for comfort. Things that bring comfort are unique in that we go to them when we're vulnerable, and thus they have to fill a need - they either (psychologically - their benefit is all inside your head, obviously) redress our vulnerability or shield another vulnerability (protect you). You might pick Voltron because he can protect you. Rainbow Dash would also be more of a protector, I think. You pick Fluttershy because she's nice to everyone and she's nonjudgmental... which is the only sort of person/pegasus you would expect to accept the Devil... and tells you that his vulnerability is that he feels alone, possibly misjudged.

I can buy that. Big D has often complained about how he, Hell, and sinning in general have a bad reputation - thanks to "smear campaigns" by God, Heaven & so forth. And we've seen the Devil sitting alone amongst his riches & excess, while Big G and Jesus have quality father/son time. Given this, I'm not really surprised at all that Big D thinks Fluttershy is best pony.
_________________
mouse wrote:
almost a shame to waste dennis' talent on him.
except it's always a pleasure to see a good dennis insult.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3429
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think he has any Disqord fanfic, then?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2720
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie wrote:
I wonder how much (if anything) Tat knows about MLP: FiM. If he knows much about it, it's interesting that the devil seems to like Fluttershy, of all of them.

(For the uninitiated, Fluttershy is a very quiet, very polite pony, and she represents the element of kindness.)

It could mean:
1. The devil likes Fluttershy because she is traditionally feminine and suits his idea of what women "should be."
2. The devil is trying to learn something about kindness.

Thoughts? Opinions? Or does everyone want me to shut my Pega-sis pie hole?


Just like zarus, I also thought he likes Fluttershy because in a way she resembles Lilith.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enchantedsleeper



Joined: 16 Jun 2013
Posts: 202
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
http://sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4821


Thanks Miss M, I had forgotten who destroyed the factory as well.

Did we see Milton's response to this, or has he been too busy with his fembots? Because I would have thought he'd be pretty upset over that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
wobster109



Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 160

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluttershy wouldn't shun the devil. She's the only one who's actually friends with Discord. The other ponies are all mean to him, even when all he's done is show up. I couldn't imagine any other pony being nice to the devil, but with Fluttershy it's easy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group