welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 28, 2015: Search 41
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:24 am    Post subject: March 28, 2015: Search 41 Reply with quote

My dear soothsayer, if you think it has only just begun, you haven't been paying attention.
starkruzr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. New epic storyline?
Nekomancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all the storylines are about to unify! La Grand Narrative!
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me cynical, but my first thought when I saw this wasn't excitement, it was: "Oh yes, because what we need is another new character, and a clichéd prophetic fortune-teller to boot..."
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOHN FROG IS THE APOCALYPSE

I SAID IT FIRST

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple plot twist, the soothsayer is the year 2016. Using a time machine.

Last edited by Yinello on Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
Call me cynical, but my first thought when I saw this wasn't excitement, it was: "Oh yes, because what we need is another new character, and a clichéd prophetic fortune-teller to boot..."

i wouldnt say that soothsayer is... really another new character... i mean look at him, hes pretty old! ha ha!

the bus came back is all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm. I really hope the soothsayer was misinterpreting what he was seeing. Because if this *is* the beginning of something, I'm going to be annoyed if Vainglorious just saunters in and somehow assumes leadership over the frankly awesome bunch of of characters currently escaping.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we arent really given a whole lot of detail about what our homeboy soothslaya's seein' -- there's a lot of possibilities and different ways to interpret what he said.

one possibility of many: have any of you seen xiaolin showdown? the main character was a little boy named omi, who was arrogant and acted like the leader for most of the series. however, he was never officially the leader... it was someone else's destiny to become the leader at the end of the series. perhaps something similar is going on here.

VG as the "omi" - and perhaps li'l e as the "destined" leader?

a different possibility: Vainglorious probably isn't VG's real name. It's likely a nickname or "title" ... much like "Satan" is for D-man ... perhaps something happens and Li'l E becomes the "New" Vainglorious?

there's so many different things that could happen, that i don't really mind (or necessarily care,) what happens, so much how it happens. we just have to wait and see. as long as it doesnt fuck with my fav characters too much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil E = Vainglorious?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i mean there would have to be a pretty contrived explanation as to why theyre both in sinfest city at the same period of time, but yeah we dont know enough about VG to assume that VG can't possibly be li'l e

for all we know VG could be the living essence of all of pre-lethe li'l e's fantasies... *shrug* li'l e was an artistic kid who fantasized about being better than literally everyone around him... wanting to be just like d-man... who knows, man... who knows...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
well i mean there would have to be a pretty contrived explanation as to why theyre both in sinfest city at the same period of time, but yeah we dont know enough about VG to assume that VG can't possibly be li'l e

for all we know VG could be the living essence of all of pre-lethe li'l e's fantasies... *shrug* li'l e was an artistic kid who fantasized about being better than literally everyone around him... wanting to be just like d-man... who knows, man... who knows...

Maybe in Sinfestverse the Lethe does more of a memory reset as opposed to memory wiping -- the old stuff is just archived and filed away compressed somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hydro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With an ominous Saturday strip like this we're certain to get a Percy and Pooch comic on Sunday.

Then again, I'm not really complaining, I'd be happy to see them.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but of course! Vainglorious is a shape-shifter and was introduced to us years ago as Percy! It... it all makes sense now...

(Either that, or it's the cough syrup talking again.)
Yuuo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That soothsayer has shown up before, he's not new. He's a plot device though so far, that's for sure.

And as far as him not paying attention by saying it's just now begun... Just because the pieces have been moving into place for awhile, doesn't mean that whatever is about to happen had begun yet. If the pieces didn't move right, whatever 'it' is wouldn't start at all. Certainly not in the incarnation he was forseeing.

Ragnarok was starting as soon as everything came into being, it just took a long time for the pieces for it to kick off to get into place. Just as an example.

I do kinda like the idea that Vainglorious is the incarnation of the aspects of Li'l E that he lost in the Lethe. That might explain why his horns are so different from all the other devil people, INCLUDING D-man himself. If he's not a 'real' person, but just the incarnation of someone's hellborn side...

I buckle my seatbelt for this bumpy ride, because it looks exciting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: