welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-01-26: Year of the Horse 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hydro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I agree, what?

I thought it might have been referring to Blue protecting her previously, given the colours of the pegasi.

That somewhat sorrowful backward glance makes me think that too: if that had been a glare, I would've just assumed it was a simple protective instinct. I am with the argument it is more complex, even if it doesn't necessarily correlate with Fyoosh's relationship with Blue.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pegasus looks blue in the second to last panel, but it seems to be white... but now that you mention it, I'm not going to knock that interpretation because... I can actually sort of see it? Just like the parent pegasus does not want it's foal to interact with those it is not familiar with, or to really pursue what it wants to, and is overly protective of the foal, those are all traits of the relationship Blue shared with Fuchsia before she left.

I can't really see this particular strip implying that she doesn't feel worthy of Criminy, or that she has a desire for domestic tranquility. Because while I do think it's highly possible she feels either of those things, or even both, I don't think either things are on her mind at the moment. During this strip her only focus was to get closer and study the unicorns and pegasi in paradise. To draw them and improve her skills and broaden her horizon. The thing most predominantly on her mind in this particular strip is improving herself. Getting better at something she wants to pursue.

Perhaps in that last panel she could be feeling a little... disappointed, because she wanted to get closer to the foal, but more than anything she just seems to be staring at awe at the beautiful creatures she chose to study.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your interpretation is a little more complicated than mine, but I guess she has to be reunited somehow. Neither Blue nor Big Red seem too interested in hunting her down, so she'll probably seek them out.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...uh. I can sort-of see how Fyoosh might eventually want to reunite with Blue (it won't happen anytime soon, since Blue is still very much in the Dark Side) but she has no reason at all to seek out the Devil. Zarus, you're making a lot of logical leaps that we're having some trouble following.
Echo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
since Blue is still very much in the Dark Side

She still works there, but every so often you get incidents like this which suggests her heart isn't entirely in it any more.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
I think your interpretation is a little more complicated than mine, but I guess she has to be reunited somehow. Neither Blue nor Big Red seem too interested in hunting her down, so she'll probably seek them out.

In what way is my interpretation complicated? It's far more simplistic than yours, in which none of us seem to be able follow your leaps of logic or understand where you're getting your interpretations. My interpretation was literally just "she's an artist studying some technicolor horses." and I don't think any kind of reunion is in the cards right now. I don't think this strip is in any way alluding to a future reunion. The most I can see is the last three or four panels alluding to the past and previous relationships. But I can't see it foreshadowing anything happening in the future.

If a reunion between Fyoosh and Blue is to happen, several things need to happen. Firstly, Fuchsia needs to clarify what her current thoughts of Blue are. We need to have closure. We know they used to be friends, we know that Fuchsia cared about her a lot. But we also know the last time she interacted with Blue, she was asleep and an onlooker thought Blue was going to kill her. And said onlooker illustrated it as they saw it. And Fyoosh saw that illustration. She doesn't know the whole story, so all she knows is what Storytime saw and illustrated. So as far as Fyoosh knows, Blue tried to kill her. And we need some kind of closure regarding that. We need to know whether or not she believes it, and whether or not it effects how she views Blue or their relationship. Secondly, Blue needs to admit to herself that she misses Fuchsia, and she needs to admit that she made mistakes. She tried her best to be a good friend, but her best wasn't necessarily good enough. And lastly, they'd need to acknowledge the mistakes they've made and apologize to each other. Only then would a reunion make sense.

And right now, none of those things seem likely right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momma pegasi are assholes.
Motorcycle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magenta, well put. You did miss one thing though. Criminy is a complicated issue between the 2 as well. And a major one as that. That definitely needs to be dealt with. Also, as much as I like the char, Criminy in a way isn't being fair to Fyoosh. It's obvious that she truly loves him & she shows it to him. The problem is, we see her being active in the relationship. She's the one doing things while he just goes with the flow. Criminy needs to get proactive again. Like takin her on a date to an art gathering or getting her an art book or something. He simply needs to do something for it to not be one sided. Hell, we don't even know where she's living since she moved out of the Devil mansion, yet Criminy has a big house.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't miss that topic. Not only was I focusing on Blue and Fuchsia and their issues independent of Criminy, but their issues involving Criminy do not interest me. Had I divulged more on the topic of the mistakes those two girls have made, I likely would have brought up Criminy a few times.

I'm not really interested in the relationship between Criminy and Fuchsia and thus hold no real strong opinion either way regarding the idea that "Crim needs to be more proactive."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Fuschia and Criminy. They are teh adorbz.

Anyway, when I first read this strip, what got me was the idea that even in Paradise, prejudice exists. We have these pure beings rejecting Fuschia based on the fact that she is not pure. The idea of forgiveness of sins has been brought up a few times before, at least once by Fuschia.

Chat About
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's less "rejecting her because she is not pure" and more "she is a stranger in their territory and a potential threat to their young" lmao. They're essentially just glorified horses. They're animals. Like they care about the difference between pure and unpure.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is completely valid to look at things in a less literal light.

Chat About
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying theres anything wrong with interpreting things less literally. I am, however, saying it's silly to assume that animals care about concepts such as purity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what, though? I don't know much about pegasus..es... but we know unicorns care about "purity" (in the repressive patriarchal sense). So, why assume pega-- you know what, flying horses. Why assume flying horses are more like regular horses than unicorns?
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, we don't know what Sinfest Pegasi are like. They could be prejudiced or they could not, it's not clear yet. They haven't chased her off but they also don't really want her to interact with her young. That gives me reason to think they just consider her a stranger they don't trust (yet).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: