welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meet up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falkonn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are potato burritos as amazing as they sound like they should be? Now I'm going to have to find one sometime. Are they regional, only made by a specific awesome place, fill me in on this I need to know. =p
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure other places have potato burritos, but this particular one comes from Casa Que Pasa and is a local favorite. Honestly I haven't tried it yet myself, but everyone says it is great.

Taco Bell has a decent cheap potato burrito if you are desperate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I imagine other places serve them, but I wouldn't rush out to get one from anywhere but Casa. Special recipe, you know? I think it's the crack sauce.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So out of curiosity, who fancies themselves as decent gamblers?

Favorite games?

Willing to throw down 2K for a week of fun?
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato burritos are the best burritos. There's a small chain of restaurants in the mid valley that has what they call Oregon Burritos. Steak, potatoes, cheese, and pico de gallo. Add a little sour cream and it's just delicious.

For bonus points: Riva's in Corvallis has the burrito loco: steak, french fries, guacamole, bacon, and sour cream. You can feel your arteries harden from the awesome.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Vegas

AVALON

Quote:
So out of curiosity, who fancies themselves as decent gamblers?

Favorite games?

Willing to throw down 2K for a week of fun?

What? No.
AVALON.

I refuse to meet at any place other than Avalon.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, aren't most of the people discussing this folks who have admitted a dislike for crowds and social anxiety?

Why would anyone pick vegas....unless they want to pick up ringworm, like the last friend of mine who went to vegas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casa batters and then fries their potatoes, which I'm pretty sure is illegal in 7 states. And the sauce is some kind of... I don't know, chipotle sour cream thing.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Why would anyone pick vegas....unless they want to pick up ringworm, like the last friend of mine who went to vegas.

Probably from the hotel swimming pool area (locker rooms, exercise equipment, etc). That's where most people get it. You don't have to go all the way to Vegas for a fungal infection! Let me take you to the Y...
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Erm, aren't most of the people discussing this folks who have admitted a dislike for crowds and social anxiety?

What better way is there to deal with crowds and social anxiety than to confront them head on?

Also I've never once got sick going to Vegas, and I've been there plenty of times.

Besides, there's plenty of secret and secluded places there if you really wanted to be alone.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

What better way is there to deal with crowds and social anxiety than to confront them head on?

The journey to Avalon, that's what!

I'm sure some of the more qualified social-mind-brain-scientist-people on this forum can back me up on this. That's right, the journey to Avalon is backed by Science(tm)**. [citation needed]

and if it doesn't work, hey, I can just keep on being evasive and asocial -- that seems to work well enough
Head-on confrontation sounds unpleasant and annoying and potentially panic-inducing. While these are all interesting experiences, I group any desire to engage in them in the same category as my passing curiosity with getting addicted to nicotine just so I can find out what quitting feels like. Just as I haven't yet raided the e-cigs section of Wal-Mart for test material, I'll stay out of the crowds and stick with small social events with people that I already know, thanks.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop talking to Thy. He's just going to argue inanely, you will never get anywhere, and this thread will change from something fun (people I like) to something awful. He never improves a thread. Ever.

Watch. If you continue talking to him by tomorrow or the next day the entire thread will be about him, and all of the good conversation will get chased out. Just don't.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a chance to talk to my parents yet, what with the vaguely plague-like cold that took me over recently.

I'm gunna ask 'em if early June is okay, and see how they feel about doing Seattle and Portland both. I think they'll be okay with it since it sounds like Dad wasn't thrilled with being in one place for too long anyway.

Also how freaked out would people be about potentially meeting my parents? They wouldn't be offended if I trekked off on my own so I can spare you, but I assure you that they are cool and worth meeting (hell they've been to more pride parades than me, and one of them was in Amsterdam.)
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to hang out with them, personally. I can hang out with anyone. We'll talk about you!
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: the attention whore can't stand someone else getting focus Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Stop talking to Thy. He's just going to argue inanely, you will never get anywhere, and this thread will change from something fun (people I like) to something awful. He never improves a thread. Ever.

Watch. If you continue talking to him by tomorrow or the next day the entire thread will be about him, and all of the good conversation will get chased out. Just don't.

You act as if I don't immensely enjoy it when people try to ignore me, it gives me free reign to say whatever I want.

Besides, if Samsally had an issue with my posts, I'm sure she would have told me to get out of her thread a while ago.

Look Dogen, I get it if Vegas isn't your thing, but are you really that jealous of my cursed ability to get unwanted attention thrown at me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: