welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is why Sony will sell me a PS3.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: This is why Sony will sell me a PS3. Reply with quote

Level 5's White Knight

I'll be the first to admit: I am a slut for pretty graphics, RPGs and especially JRPGs, so this is right up my alley, but there are just so many things about this trailer that make me excited for this game. Seamless gameplay transitions, combat that looks both realistic and intuitive, and, you know...you transform into a HUGE MECH KNIGHT DUDE.

And it's the prettiest game I've seen a trailer for, on any system, by far.

Penny Arcade summed it up pretty nicely in today's comic.

<happy>
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The $500 price tag will keep me away

Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot afford 5-600 dollars for a fucking video game console no matter WHAT kind of fancy schmancy format wars they want to have over it. It wouldn't matter if it was released with THE PERFECT ARMORED CORE GAME WHERE YOU BUILD GIANT ROBOTS AND ALSO SEE BOOBIES, I still cannot justify spending that kind of money on a console. This is also why I don't have anything with the word "iPod" on it.
Marik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: $50, $600, same dif Reply with quote

That there trailer looks like perfect justification for renting the console for a weekend from your friendly neighborhood video store.
andrew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: $50, $600, same dif Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
That there trailer looks like perfect justification for renting the console for a weekend from your friendly neighborhood video store.

There are places that still do this?

Yowza, I haven't seen one in years.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't set foot in a video store in so long...

... do they still rent VHSes?
Marik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: no clear winner Reply with quote

We have a couple of places that will do that. Which is good, because none of my friends are getting the PS3 and this wrecks my console principle of wearing out the novelty for free.

I keep trying to tell my friends that I love them and respect them and they should buy a PS3, I tell Len "You are rich fucking fuck with your filthy fucking Camaro SS and you should buy a PS3."

But he's all like "But sam you make more money than I do anyway and I'm just as unable to justify the cost as you are"

and I'm all like "fuck you asshole, buy a PS3"

And then we FIGHT

in the original super smash brothers
Marik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: first in a series Reply with quote

Why didn't he turn into the megazoid right away to fight the putties. I mean enemy soldiers.
CTrees

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because as part of his code he must not escalate fights. It's explained in the first episode. I mean the prologue of the game.
Marik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: wait this is not like anime rite Reply with quote

Can't escalate fights?
CTrees

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yee-up. I spend far too much time stumbling drunkenly through wikipedia, so I know all sorts of stuff brain cells should not be wasted upon.

Seriously though, as to the game, I've no clue. I was just going with the Megazord/putties bit for an extremely stupid justification.
Marik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: masturbatory japanese meme repetition Reply with quote

Wait, we can do the stupid justification bit, since I will actually play this game.

You should say "I can't wait to play this game, because I know it will not be 'Teenager With Doubts And Long-Cutscene Magical Powers Saves The World In A Mostly Linear Format With A Girl And An Older Tough Guy While Talking About Their Feelings, Being Awkward Around Women, And Somehow Being Childish And Not-Humorous MXLVII™' and it will instead be a game that I haven't ever played before!"
Willem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see the credits and then a black screen. Is this the exciting new game? 'Cos I could see Sony do that.
Amon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trailer looks so incredibly awesome! It's completely horrid that I've only saved enough gaming money for the wii. So, I guess I'll just have to cry like a little school girl when I'm playing Super Smash Brawl next year.

A damn shame, really.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying one. FFXIII justifies all for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: