welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Slick and 'Nique ever get together?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zarus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Will Slick and 'Nique ever get together? Reply with quote

It seems like Slick easily get along with 'Nique whenever he's at least somewhat accepting of her. I mean, it's easy to forget that now, but there was a time when they were really friendly whenever Slick wasn't being hostile/stupid. Which, admittedly, was rare. But whenever he behaves somewhat "normally," he gets along with her very well. Almost, like, I dunno, a sibling.

I foresee three possibilities.

1. They never get together and the comic veers off even deeper into Cerebus Syndrome.

2. They get together and the comic ends.

3. They get together and the comic doesn't end, but it jumps the shark.

Best case scenario is 3, but without shark-jumping. That would be an enormous challenge, but I think it's one that Tat is up to.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem more and more incompatible and Slick is barely getting any character development. And without development, he'll never be in any way compatible with 'Nique again.
I don't think they'll ever get together, which is sad, because they should have done that years ago.
wobster109

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do miss mid-comic-Slick, who had feelings and felt love. He changed personalities, abruptly, symbolically, unequivocally. He put his tie back on and locked his heart away. I suspect it's a turning point as much as 'Nique cutting her hair, Fuchsia quitting, Jethro/Lil'E/Lily falling into the Lethe, and Seymour getting shot by Cupid. It feels like around a year or two ago, Mr. Ishida suddenly started over with a new cast. I do miss many of the old versions of the characters.

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
zarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: did Slick ever REMOVE the tie in the first place?

And I think the decline I mean shift can be attributed to Tat not drawing his comics by hand anymore. Before, there was more of a sense that ideology and large group politics were empty things. It wouldn't surprise me if drawing things with a computer has left him feeling less and less connected to his characters over time.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. She was a crush, they tried a little while, it didn't work. That happens in life. They can just move on with their lives and find happiness elsewhere.
zarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, it's a little callous to dismiss it as a "crush," since she seemed to be the only person/place/thing in the world that inspired any real emotion in him (notice how Squig ships Nique and Abby but not Slick, even though he should be the first to do so), but I agree that he'll probably move on.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
Question: did Slick ever REMOVE the tie in the first place?

And I think the decline I mean shift can be attributed to Tat not drawing his comics by hand anymore. Before, there was more of a sense that ideology and large group politics were empty things. It wouldn't surprise me if drawing things with a computer has left him feeling less and less connected to his characters over time.

Are you seriously insinuating that using a computer to draw makes you feel less connected to your characters? Are you really that ridiculous? What a stupid question, of course you are. But to play your pretentious game, where are the studies that show that using a computer to create art makes one less attached to that art, specifically characters and story, than if one were to create it with analog materials? If you do not in fact have studies to back you up, then what is your hypothesis and reasoning? Are you yourself an artist and/or creator of stories? Even if you are, that is a sample size of one. I am a creator/artist who would strongly disagree with your hypothesis, and I'm sure there are others who would also refute your assertation.

Also, you moron, he still draws them "by hand". By the looks of the comics about Sinfest!Tat he has a Cintiq, where the only difference is that you're drawing on a screen instead of paper. In addition, using a computer means that he can do more advanced effects easier than before, i.e. why the Sunday comics look amazing (other than his own personal improvement).
Moor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Wait, I'm a bit lost here. Are you saying Sinfest doesn't just spring fully out of Tat's skull onto the internet?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is so much going wrong in this thread, I'm fucking terrified.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think slick and nique should never get together because it would make zarus sad in his pants and that would be hilarious
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i second that motion deeply

plus its not like their friendship is less valuable than romance or anything

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motion seconded. Unless any parties wish to amend or begin open debate, the matter will now be voted on. *Bangs Gavel*
zarus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait wait wait

i thought determining what Tat should do with the comic was a bad thing

even by democratic vote
purplepolkadottedpiranha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it.
If they did a lot would have to change and shift
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: