welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2/12/2014 - Harassholes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
zarus



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Shit, it's still not time for me to bust out my tiny knowledge on churros.


I would be honored.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 707

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
Thaaats... kind of a leap of logic, Thy. I mean, yeah, he seems like the kind of person to pretend to care about people as a way to "get ahead" socially, but ho-ly shit.


ISn't that kind of what *You've* been doing? Pretending to care about this place? (Since you've now said you DON'T care, when you were early oh-so-concerned about the current state of Tat's comic.)

Man, we've gotta spin up some nuclear generators to power the projectors running in this thread, I think...
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10609
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
yes i'm stupid because i think using a dictionary to insult someone is stupid

and don't try to bring out dk to inflate everyone's perception of your intelligence, practically everyone on the Net has seen it

See, this is why you're not very good at this. You can't stick to one theme. Am I pretentious because I'm explaining things to you, or autistic because I used a dictionary to define words you were using wrong? I've stuck to one theme: ever since you tried to insult me, I've just been treating you like an idiot. Luckily, you've made it easy by making irrational statements, using words wrong, and not understanding my insults.

Everyone on the internet also uses the term "strawman," but that doesn't mean strawman arguments don't exist. You really could be too dumb to know how dumb you are. There's an easy test for it. You don't even have to tell me the results (because I can tell you're not that bright). Less intelligent people tend to overestimate their scores on tests and things (because they don't understand that they don't understand), while intelligent people will either be more accurate or err toward underestimation.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10609
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Quote:
Aspects of passive agressive behavior:
Vengeance Ė refusing to forgive and forget what is seen as other people's wrongdoing.


Cold and indifferent behavior Ė Those with passive anger would give the cold shoulder and avoid eye contact. They know that others get annoyed with their silence and indifference. They become evasive so others will not bother them.

Ineffectualness - They have a tendency to procrastinate and be lazy. Other people are expected to adjust to their pace and manner of doing things. These people will do their work half heartedly and without consideration to others.

Secretive behavior Ė Complaining behind people's backs but refusing to face them is another symptom of passive anger. They are prone to gossiping and putting people down. They also try to dampen their feelings with substance abuse.

The only one of those I exhibit is vengeance, in that I'm a dick to you on purpose. But I don't do it passively. I'm actively rude to you, and I confront you frequently. I tell you why I'm aggressive toward you. There is nothing passive in my behavior. This is why you should stop trying to analyze people, you don't even understand the terms.

Quote:
Holy shit.

Are you actually trying to drive me to suicide?

Like that would make you happy?

Jesus Christ.

No, I have no desire for you to commit suicide. I'd appreciate it if you either left, lived up to your past mistakes, or failing both of those, stopped being such a massive, time consuming prick that makes every thread they enter about them. In that order.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zarus



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
zarus wrote:
yes i'm stupid because i think using a dictionary to insult someone is stupid

and don't try to bring out dk to inflate everyone's perception of your intelligence, practically everyone on the Net has seen it

See, this is why you're not very good at this. You can't stick to one theme. Am I pretentious because I'm explaining things to you, or autistic because I used a dictionary to define words you were using wrong? I've stuck to one theme: ever since you tried to insult me, I've just been treating you like an idiot. Luckily, you've made it easy by making irrational statements, using words wrong, and not understanding my insults.

Everyone on the internet also uses the term "strawman," but that doesn't mean strawman arguments don't exist. You really could be too dumb to know how dumb you are. There's an easy test for it. You don't even have to tell me the results (because I can tell you're not that bright). Less intelligent people tend to overestimate their scores on tests and things (because they don't understand that they don't understand), while intelligent people will either be more accurate or err toward underestimation.


You're wrong there, I generally test high. GRE, SAT, Java Certification, tests are easy for me.

And what's so contradictory about being both autistic and pretentious? I really don't see why you can't be both. And what's so noble or whatever about sticking to one tactic? You bring up all these arbitrary rules. Some of them seem logical, but then you say that people have to use one tactic, which is retarded.

And I guess I might have been a bit "cruel" in disdaining your group solidarity. The fact that you're here all the time is basically proof that you have nothing else. I shouldn't take that away from you people.

Quote:
ISn't that kind of what *You've* been doing? Pretending to care about this place? (Since you've now said you DON'T care, when you were early oh-so-concerned about the current state of Tat's comic.)


Eh, that means that I should be able to see the signs, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 707

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
Dogen wrote:
zarus wrote:
yes i'm stupid because i think using a dictionary to insult someone is stupid

and don't try to bring out dk to inflate everyone's perception of your intelligence, practically everyone on the Net has seen it

See, this is why you're not very good at this. You can't stick to one theme. Am I pretentious because I'm explaining things to you, or autistic because I used a dictionary to define words you were using wrong? I've stuck to one theme: ever since you tried to insult me, I've just been treating you like an idiot. Luckily, you've made it easy by making irrational statements, using words wrong, and not understanding my insults.

Everyone on the internet also uses the term "strawman," but that doesn't mean strawman arguments don't exist. You really could be too dumb to know how dumb you are. There's an easy test for it. You don't even have to tell me the results (because I can tell you're not that bright). Less intelligent people tend to overestimate their scores on tests and things (because they don't understand that they don't understand), while intelligent people will either be more accurate or err toward underestimation.


You're wrong there, I generally test high. GRE, SAT, Java Certification, tests are easy for me.

And what's so contradictory about being both autistic and pretentious? I really don't see why you can't be both. And what's so noble or whatever about sticking to one tactic? You bring up all these arbitrary rules. Some of them seem logical, but then you say that people have to use one tactic, which is retarded.

And I guess I might have been a bit "cruel" in disdaining your group solidarity. The fact that you're here all the time is basically proof that you have nothing else. I shouldn't take that away from you people.


Educated!= Intelligent. It means you are educated. There are a number of highly educated people out there who are, nevertheless, *UTTERLY WRONG* (For instance: Deepak Chopra).

And pointing out that you are using words incorrectly isn't pretentious or 'autistic' unless you think Humpty Dumpty is a role model.


I love that you're still claiming that someone else is "pretending to care about folks" when you're... doing exactly that. And that you're accusing people of being hipsters, while, in other threads, lamenting how sinfest "Used to be". It's adorable.

I guess you liked it BEFORE it was cool, maaaaan. Back before tats, like, so totally sold out. All these newbies are just looosseeersssss.....
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10609
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
You're wrong there, I generally test high. GRE, SAT, Java Certification, tests are easy for me.

... did you just cite the Java certification? You're so cute.

Quote:
And what's so contradictory about being both autistic and pretentious? I really don't see why you can't be both. And what's so noble or whatever about sticking to one tactic? You bring up all these arbitrary rules. Some of them seem logical, but then you say that people have to use one tactic, which is retarded.

I never said you had to, I said it was a shortcoming. Arguing one point is necessarily easier than arguing multiple. Also, the autism insult is kind of ridiculous if you actually knew how people with autism behave (hint: they're not outgoing, which I am). So using it, and "retarded," is kind of like claiming Richard Simmons is sullen and quiet. It's laughable. Basing it on the use of a dictionary - a fairly mundane tool - is mindnumbingly dumb. So, maybe my advice isn't to limit yourself to one avenue of attack, but to be better at arguing.

Quote:
And I guess I might have been a bit "cruel" in disdaining your group solidarity. The fact that you're here all the time is basically proof that you have nothing else. I shouldn't take that away from you people.

Yeah, see, this is where attempting to make rash generalizations always backfires on you. It doesn't hurt me if you use an insult that is clearly not indicative of me. I know what I do all day. Being in graduate school keeps me near a computer most of the day (well, except when I'm in the hospital). Right now I'm dissing you while writing a term paper. Luckily, you don't require much of my time. Smile
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zarus



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I love that you're still claiming that someone else is "pretending to care about folks" when you're... doing exactly that. And that you're accusing people of being hipsters, while, in other threads, lamenting how sinfest "Used to be". It's adorable.


Eh, he's prone to citing an imaginary moral high ground in random conversations, and he explicitly said that he gives lectures on "feminism," which means he's knee-deep in the self-pity industry. I don't do either of those things.

He brags about how much he charges for giving lectures on "gender issues." He literally sells self-pity.

Quote:
... did you just cite the Java certification? You're so cute.


That 10 year old could probably trounce us on a lot of other tests, I don't see the issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 707

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
Quote:
I love that you're still claiming that someone else is "pretending to care about folks" when you're... doing exactly that. And that you're accusing people of being hipsters, while, in other threads, lamenting how sinfest "Used to be". It's adorable.


Eh, he's prone to citing an imaginary moral high ground in random conversations, and he explicitly said that he gives lectures on "feminism," which means he's knee-deep in the self-pity industry. I don't do either of those things.

He brags about how much he charges for giving lectures on "gender issues." He literally sells self-pity.

Quote:
... did you just cite the Java certification? You're so cute.


That 10 year old could probably trounce us on a lot of other tests, I don't see the issue.


Good to know that you consider all gender issues self pity. SEXISM IS OVER, HOORAY!

Also, I assume racism no longer exists either! BRING IT ON, UTOPIA.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zarus



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's complaining about specific incidents, and then there's blaming a whole society. I mean, there will always be pockets of hate. I'd be more worried if these pockets did not exist, because that would mean that a campaign of extermination had taken place, and that this campaign was wildly successful. The US isn't Africa, where people get burned for being witches. It hasn't been like that since the founding of the Republic, and it's not because of anti-hate campaigns.

That said, there are certainly strains of our society that seem designed to stimulate hatred and the tribal instinct. Pro sports, hip hop, etc. These things don't need to be banned, but pro sports in particular is HEAVILY subsidized, and the drug trade probably wouldn't have a fraction of its current profitability if it weren't for welfare and state-subsidized "treatment."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diagram12345



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 149

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, it's so easy to get caught up with responding to people who say absolutely ridiculous things. It's easy to refute the "points" of someone saying outrageous things, and to call that person all manner of rude names. However, unless someone has bothered to engage you in a reasonable manner, engaging is a waste of time. People who spew vitriol and purposefully offensive comments online have some other reason for their beliefs that have little to do with the actual topic at hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10609
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say, since I'm a hipster douchebag, that I was not liking zarus before it was cool (in all the threads everywhere).


I missed the boat on Thy and I decided not to make that mistake twice. Ground floor for me on this one.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: think about it Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Heh, you can keep your affectations. I'm intimating that both you and zarus had to google Poincare in order to continue your superficial conversation about what he believed.



Some people like different topics than you do Dogen.

Some people are actually quite knowledgeable in these topics.

The world does not revolve around you.

You are so arrogant, you actually believe that because you don't know something, that means that everyone else has to look it up to have a knowledgeable conversation about it.


And you seem to believe that if someone disagrees with your interpretation of something, they must either be foolish or personally attempting to persecute you.

It's hysterical that you have the audacity to talk about arrogance that way.

The world does not revolve around Thy.

Physician, heal thyself.



I missed this gem.

Tell me Fel, if I am as arrogant as you claim I am, wouldn't that make me an authority on the subject?

Checkmate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: this entire discussion makes me sick to my stomach. Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I missed the boat on Thy and I decided not to make that mistake twice. Ground floor for me on this one.



Remember when I confided in you and you went ahead and took that info public?

Sorry man, but you stabbed me in the back first.



You don't have the high moral ground, you can't win this battle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zarus



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did he "go public" with? I mean, you don't have to tell me the info, but like what was it about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group