welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2/12/2014 - Harassholes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
Your first post is about how I have to understand "group dynamics" or stupid shit like that to justify why you're being an egotistical douchebag while trying not to seem like one, even though only some pants-on-head retard would actually be appeased by your explanation.

Group dynamics is the psychology of how people behave in numbers. It applies to any situation where people form groups, like this place, and has nothing to do with bureaucracy. Organization awareness is a buzz phrase. One is relevant, and the other is Thy being Thy (largely irrelevant, but mostly in the way).

And if you go back and read it, at that point I wasn't an egotistical douchebag - I was actually trying to be helpful. Until you tried to intimate, condescendingly, that I was acting like a small child for saying Halen was "one of my favorite people." That's when I stopped being nice to you and flipped on my less charming side.
zarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I
don't
giveafuck

You people are nothing more than the same bunch of useless hipster douchebags that you see in every gentrified inner city, degree or no degree.

Oh wait stereotypes are hurtful, i forgot

Last edited by zarus on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
YOUR ARROGANCE BLINDS YOU, MASTER DOGEN

NOW YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE FULL POWER OF THE DARK THY OF THE FORCE

It's kind of like arguing with a YTMND webpage. No matter how long it is, it eventually always loops back and starts over again.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:

It's kind of like arguing with a YTMND webpage. No matter how long it is, it eventually always loops back and starts over again.

and no matter what, the content is always stupid and time-wasting
zarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so why are you here
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
I
don't
giveafuck

You people are nothing more than the same bunch of useless hipster douchebags that you see in every gentrified inner city, don't pretend otherwise.

Oh wait stereotypes are hurtful, i forgot

It's adorable that you think tossing a lame insult like "hipster" is going to mean anything. I'd graduated the first time before that was even a thing. I actually taught hipsters, when I was a TA.

Given your penchant for rash generalizations, it won't come as any surprise to you that I: don't live in the inner city (I actually live in the 'burbs between Portland and Gresham, OR), I don't wear thick-rimmed glasses, don't ride a fixie, don't have an Instagram account, don't wear skinny jeans... if I'm a hipster I have seriously misunderstood what that word means.

Oh, and my day job is literally keeping people alive. So, what do you do that makes that useless by comparison? Smile
zarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't giveafuck, your only refuge when challenged is to make useless distinctions that fail to refute the overall point, so the only logical thing to do is to not giveafuck
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if you understood them better...
zarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i actually understand them well enough, they mean literally nothing to me
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Dogen wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:

and no matter what, the content is always stupid and time-wasting

Sometimes you gotta blow off steam, though. I'm in the middle of writing this lit review that's both ridiculously long and about as exciting as watching C-SPAN while reading the Harvard Law Review. So, I have excess energy, and two guys being assholes on the internet... put the lime in the coconut.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
no, i actually understand them well enough, they mean literally nothing to me

The problem with stupid people is they naturally overestimate their own intelligence. It's called the Dunning-Kruger effect. You can sometimes spot it when someone says they understand something, but fails to heed it or learn from it.
zarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i'm stupid because i think using a dictionary to insult someone is stupid

and don't try to bring out dk to inflate everyone's perception of your intelligence, practically everyone on the Net has seen it
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, it's still not time for me to bust out my tiny knowledge on churros.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Quote:
The worst part is that I want to be your friend, and if you can see that, then how can you enjoy this?, whatever you want to call it.

I tried being nice to you, for a long time (remember when I would send you PMs when you would get angry at people for not understanding you, and how I did that for about a year?), which you've conveniently forgotten. Then, you stabbed me in the back, and now I have no interest in being nice to you. It's not me, it's you.

Quote:
Aspects of passive agressive behavior:
Vengeance refusing to forgive and forget what is seen as other people's wrongdoing.

Cold and indifferent behavior Those with passive anger would give the cold shoulder and avoid eye contact. They know that others get annoyed with their silence and indifference. They become evasive so others will not bother them.

Ineffectualness - They have a tendency to procrastinate and be lazy. Other people are expected to adjust to their pace and manner of doing things. These people will do their work half heartedly and without consideration to others.

Secretive behavior Complaining behind people's backs but refusing to face them is another symptom of passive anger. They are prone to gossiping and putting people down. They also try to dampen their feelings with substance abuse.

Dogen wrote:
Quote:
What a cop out. I mean Jesus Christ Dogen, you're better than this. I've been hearing this social awareness crap from you for a long time now, and it's getting real old.

Empathy: Yup, pretty sure I understand your passive aggressive emotions, your unhealthy needs, and your superficial concerns.

Right, you think you can read people, but everyone else recognizes that you frequently infer the wrong emotional state onto them. So, we'll have to agree to disagree that you have any awareness of what's happening in my mind. For instance, there's nothing passive about my aggression toward you. It's just straight up relational aggression.

Holy shit.

Are you actually trying to drive me to suicide?

Like that would make you happy?

Jesus Christ.
zarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaaats... kind of a leap of logic, Thy. I mean, yeah, he seems like the kind of person to pretend to care about people as a way to "get ahead" socially, but ho-ly shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: