welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-02-17 Catching Amoeba
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the worse your life is, the harder it is to come back to it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
So the cure to Li'l E's amnesia would be something akin to how Slick cured his own.

The thing is, though, Li'l E's been shown all sorts of things from his previous life that haven't jolted him back to his old self. It makes you wonder what exactly it'll take. Maybe some particularly significant interaction with D-man, whether good or bad?

Keep in mind that Slick took a stroll through the reality zone before being exposed to aspects of his old life. Li'l E, however, has not visited the reality zone in a long time. I feel like the reality zone might have had some major involvement in Slick getting his memories in that strip.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's ever going back. Too much has happened since then. He met Pebbles, had adventures. . . he won't enjoy evil just for the heck of it anymore.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said he would go back. He can get his memories back without becoming the person he used to be. Plus, there's literally no reason why he would, either. If he got his memories back, he'd still remember how upset he was when he found out about how hateful he used to be. He'd still remember the good times he's had with Pebbles. He'd still remember how happy he feels hanging with her, and watching angels. He's experienced so many positive things he never could before because he wouldn't let himself.

Although, I admit, part of me really wishes he would go back to the character he was before, because while I love the flashback strips that show us his life before being introduced to the comic and showing us his backstory, and I was ecstatic about the idea of Li'l E becoming a nicer person, I'm admittedly underwhelmed and displeased with the direction that his characterization has gone. The same can be said for Seymour, as well... They were my favorite characters but now I'm more often than not annoyed by strips focusing on them. I love them dearly, but, I just don't like what Tat's done with them.... 3:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Keep in mind that Slick took a stroll through the reality zone before being exposed to aspects of his old life. Li'l E, however, has not visited the reality zone in a long time. I feel like the reality zone might have had some major involvement in Slick getting his memories in that strip.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that as a factor. Though, as a devil person, can Li'l E enter the reality zone at all? Have we actually seen him go into it?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Li'l E has gone through the reality zone a few times. He was one of the first three people to do so when it was first introduced as a concept.

http://sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3608

http://sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3687

It's not clear if he would still be able to enter the zone now that Tat has fleshed out the zone more, however. As both times he has entered, it was before it was established that devil people cannot enter the zone. It's entirely possible that if Tat doesn't retcon Li'l E's ability to enter, his status as a halfling is what enables him to visit the reality zone without any harm.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely forgot about that strip. Laughing at Lil'E taking a selfie with the limp pitchfork in the last panel XD
LadySunami

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
We know that Blue was always named Baby Blue, though. Her Divinity School report card and her resume said her name on them, and that was before she was a devil girl.

This makes me wonder... Is Baby Blue the Devil's right hand woman these days in part because she was born a supernatural being rather then made one? I mean it seems like she "fell from grace" same as the Devil. I know she started from the bottom of the devil corp totem pole, but perhaps she was fast tracked to her place at the manor due to her heritage. It could even be an ego thing for the devil. "I snapped up a former Angel!" It's an interesting thought anyway.

Also, I was totally under the impression "Pebbles'" name was in fact Pebbles and I had just missed the reveal. I guess not!
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue's advancement is probably partly because she actually enjoys her job sometimes, and partly because she's not just up and left like Fyoosh. So she's got at least some level of loyalty that's resulted in long-term service. Plus she used to hang out with Big D when she was flunking her way out of Divinity School, so that's probably also a factor.
zarus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly because the Big D doesn't really have anyone else. Everyone else is either socially retarded or secretly hates him like every other female in his organization. If she was gone, then bouncer guy would probably have to take her place, but then there wouldn't be anyone to guard the club, and he apparently has a combination of personal qualities that's very rare in the SF universe.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadySunami wrote:

Also, I was totally under the impression "Pebbles'" name was in fact Pebbles and I had just missed the reveal. I guess not!

'nique called her that (i think back when pebbles first showed her the pegasi) and we all thought it fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: