welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-03-07: Covering For Her
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngelLilly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: 2014-03-07: Covering For Her Reply with quote

fanboy2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww.... I somehow really like the tough exterior but sweet inside thing of blue!! Good for her! I however think Lime ( is it?) is going to get a good blasting from Blue once she's back
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanboy2 wrote:
Awww.... I somehow really like the tough exterior but sweet inside thing of blue!! Good for her! I however think Lime ( is it?) is going to get a good blasting from Blue once she's back

The green one's confirmed name is absinthe (the highly alcoholic beverage)...

I would be interested in anything blue would have to say to her.
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absinthe (the drink) is also conveniently known as "the green fairy"...

Anyway, awww, it's nice to see Blue's compassionate side peeking out.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang didn't know Blue could be so nice. Very Happy
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, she can do nice.

Oh, I just noticed panel 8 in that and am now going "Squeeeeeeeeeee!" at Abby and 'Nique holding hands...
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's always been passively nice though. Now it's pretty active, there's witnesses and everything.
Graybeard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see this as Blue being "nice" as much as "businesslike". A high-value potential customer has just shown up, and the accountant and advertiser in her sees an opportunity, never mind that it's a pain in the ass to exploit it. She'd be perfectly happy to sell Absinthe into servitude or worse, but business is business.
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
Oh, she can do nice.

Oh, I just noticed panel 8 in that and am now going "Squeeeeeeeeeee!" at Abby and 'Nique holding hands...

Oooh, I'd forgotten about that! Bless Blue. She does her best to act like she doesn't care about Abby, probably because she can see a not-too-distant future where Abby leaves the Devil's service just like Fuschia did. So she doesn't want to get attached. But she is anyway.

Graybeard wrote:
I don't see this as Blue being "nice" as much as "businesslike". A high-value potential customer has just shown up, and the accountant and advertiser in her sees an opportunity, never mind that it's a pain in the ass to exploit it. She'd be perfectly happy to sell Absinthe into servitude or worse, but business is business.

See, I don't think that Uncle Sam showed up until after Blue had already sat down at the booth to fill in for Abby. There's nothing in the first three panels to suggest that Sam is anywhere in sight; only that Blue sees the empty booth, realises that Abby is playing hooky and knows that the girl will get into trouble for it if anyone else notices. Customers or no customers.

Last edited by enchantedsleeper on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graybeard wrote:

Eh, I see blue caring more about someone losing their job over that rather than the customer... she seems like she couldn't care less about the customer... I think she's more focused on the consequences of someone not being there...
Graybeard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
See, I don't think that Uncle Sam showed up until after Blue had already sat down at the booth to fill in for Abby. There's nothing in the first three panels to suggest that Sam is anywhere in sight; only that Blue sees the empty booth, realises that Abby is playing hooky and knows that the girl will get into trouble for it if anyone else notices. Customers or no customers.

My emphasis added. I don't see it that way at all; the snarl in the third panel is because she has just realized that Sam has shown up and she's going to have to deal with him, which she doesn't want to do (see fourth panel).
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....so does anyone else wonder what happens to a devilgirl when she's fired?

.....'cause i'm sorta afraid it will involve actual incineration.
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that Big D would fire anyone; just give them more and more degrading stuff to do. Send them back to waitress at the strip club or something. Or possibly get "fired" as in be made an inmate in the flaming pit of tortured souls...

Also, if Sam was meant to be hanging around the Devil Girl booth when Blue was there, I think we'd have seen him. Rather than have to assume that he was there from Blue's reaction (which fits more with the covering-for-Abby-at-a-booth-which-has-no-immediate-custom thing). It makes *no sense* that we should think Sam's around in a panel that doesn't show Sam, when it could easily have done so (and emphasised the point of Abby's absence by showing him waiting).
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed - to me blue's reaction in panel 3 is that one where you have decided that you are not going to do that thing this time nope no way uh-uh and then you realize that you just _have_ to do it because it's just who you are. so even if sam hadn't come, she would have been sitting at the booth, fuming at absinthe for not being there and herself for covering for her - but covering for her all the same. now, it might be because she has a soft gushy heart deep inside, or it might be because the businessperson in her will not risk the loss of business...or it might even be both.
wobster109

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

She cares. She really does! She used to look after Fuchsia, and now she looks after Abby.

I must say this hooky is very unlike Abby. She wants to do a good job. It's just not in her character to do something like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: