welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-05-04: Devil Tech Factory
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homeslice

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: 2014-05-04: Devil Tech Factory Reply with quote

Happy Star Wars day everyone!

I wonder what she's thinking as she sees Slick?
ilikerunning

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick seemed more surprised than anything when he found out she was real. This was different than Milton, who tried to chase her down.
ilikerunning

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the difference is that Milton didn't know she was real the same way that Slick knew?

The difference being that Slick is the consumer, Milton is the producer?
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikerunning wrote:
Slick seemed more surprised than anything when he found out she was real. This was different than Milton, who tried to chase her down.

Slick was startled by the remote control blowing up.
In the next cell, when she exercised free will and moved away, he seems to be calling her.

The thing is - no matter how poor their motives, it was the actions of these two that made her what she is.
Rather than kill Milton. she should hijack a truck-load of fembots and drive it into the Reality Zone.

Plus, if she broke into the factory and found all the un-activated Roxannes... that would make for an interesting plot twist.
ilikerunning

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA_Penguin wrote:

The thing is - no matter how poor their motives, it was the actions of these two that made her what she is.

Good point - maybe she's just trying to make sense of what happened?

SA_Penguin wrote:

Rather than kill Milton. she should hijack a truck-load of fembots and drive it into the Reality Zone.

That would be pretty cool Smile
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't she kill them both?

Seriously, she's been shown she hates that her 'sisters' are being used as objects, and hates people who use them for that purpose and people who hurt them.

She clearly has Slick using her for his own pleasure in her memory banks, and she ran away from him the minute she got her own 'willpower'. She would have seen the in between when the Black Sister insulted him and he got upset, and then dragged her to the reality zone. The other time she saw someone do this was the guy that basically broke the other one apart and threw her in the trash.

If a person that truly wanted to kill a person, had him in my sights and was going to shoot for certain, and saw someone else who had used me in the way that person designed for. The person wouldn't stand there. there would two blood mists floating in the air.

(Also, you CAN shoot a guy driving in a car, I live in PA, we had this guy called the "Turnpike Phantom". Sniped people dead that were driving their semi's down the turnpike. Why not shoot him while he was driving away?)
wobster109

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: 2014-05-04: Devil Tech Factory Reply with quote

Homeslice wrote:
I wonder what she's thinking as she sees Slick?

Hopefully "murdering is wrong".

Pixie, I'm glad Tangerine and Lily are out looking for you, because you are about this close to becoming a villain. Murdering is not ok.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
She clearly has Slick using her for his own pleasure in her memory banks, and she ran away from him the minute she got her own 'willpower'. She would have seen the in between when the Black Sister insulted him and he got upset, and then dragged her to the reality zone. The other time she saw someone do this was the guy that basically broke the other one apart and threw her in the trash.

... ??? Uh??? What makes you think she understood the full extent of what was happening as it was happening? There's nothing in her flashbacks that imply that from her perspective he was trying to do something similar to what that other guy did - actually... you know what? what Slick TRIED to do wasn't even remotely similar to what that other guy ACTUALLY did.

The other guy straight-up DESTROYED his fembot - AFTER SHE TRIED COMFORTING HIM - because someone mocked him. And then threw her away like she was nothing more than garbage to him. Rogue accessed these memories after she had been given free will, knowledge and sapience to understand what was going on. On the other hand Slick wanted to prove Clio wrong when she called him out on forcing a relationship on a robot that can't say no. As foolish and selfish his actions were, he never wanted to hurt her and didn't take his frustration out on her the way the other guy did.

Meanwhile the time she spent with Slick happened BEFORE she gained those things I mentioned earlier - free will, knowledge, sapience - so it's bound to affect how she perceived things at the moment to some degree. How much? Don't know yet. There's nothing to really suggest she full understood anything that was happening to her then, as it was happening, without free will and sapience.

Regardless, whatever she must have been thinking when she saw Slick can't be anything too bad. She could have easily killed him if she felt that whatever he did to her was worth punishment. And she could have taken out Milton, too. He was within her range and there would have been enough time to snipe him... but upon seeing Slick she chose not to. There's a chance that despite gaining free will and sapience that she still has some kind of fondness - not necessarily romantic or sexual - for him, but only time will be able to tell.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Rothide wrote:

... ??? Uh??? What makes you think she understood the full extent of what was happening as it was happening? There's nothing in her flashbacks that imply that from her perspective he was trying to do something similar to what that other guy did - actually... you know what? what Slick TRIED to do wasn't even remotely similar to what that other guy ACTUALLY did.

The other guy straight-up DESTROYED his fembot - AFTER SHE TRIED COMFORTING HIM - because someone mocked him. And then threw her away like she was nothing more than garbage to him. Rogue accessed these memories after she had been given free will, knowledge and sapience to understand what was going on. On the other hand Slick wanted to prove Clio wrong when she called him out on forcing a relationship on a robot that can't say no. As foolish and selfish his actions were, he never wanted to hurt her and didn't take his frustration out on her the way the other guy did.

Meanwhile the time she spent with Slick happened BEFORE she gained those things I mentioned earlier - free will, knowledge, sapience - so it's bound to affect how she perceived things at the moment to some degree. How much? Don't know yet. There's nothing to really suggest she full understood anything that was happening to her then, as it was happening, without free will and sapience.

Regardless, whatever she must have been thinking when she saw Slick can't be anything too bad. She could have easily killed him if she felt that whatever he did to her was worth punishment. And she could have taken out Milton, too. He was within her range and there would have been enough time to snipe him... but upon seeing Slick she chose not to. There's a chance that despite gaining free will and sapience that she still has some kind of fondness - not necessarily romantic or sexual - for him, but only time will be able to tell.

But that's the thing, He dragged her to the reality zone, and then she ran away from him. That's where the knowledge of slick stopped. She has no clue what he was doing after that happened. However, when she was another guy doing basically THE SAME THING Slick did with her. The only difference is that the guy who broke the fem bot and Slick was Slick dragging her to the reality zone.

Then she saw that the minute the girls in the factory got free will they were dismantled and piled up in the trash. From her knowledge of how the world works, apparently men that own or create fem bots hate free will and 'kill' them.

If anything I would have thought the Maverick would have thought "he didn't get the chance to kill me, and he never will" *BANG*.
khan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say she clearly does not harbour pure hatred for slick, based on the shot of her face i would say conflicted.

Conflicted isnt really good or bad, she may end up hating slick, but i dont see it when she turned real, or now. She lacks certainty, or perhaps understanding of non-kneejerk emotion, like hate. Slick did free her, even if he was being skeevy at the time. I think roth, you are over simplifying her... you heard shes pretty much human, right? Humans have complex feelings. Slick is unique among the 'grown men'. Heck, i dont remember him getting too rough. None is acceptable in my eyes, but perhaps she feels differently?

Been awhile since i read anything in the forums, meh. Booze is a hell of a drug if you drink fast enough. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by khan on Sun May 04, 2014 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
However, when she was another guy doing basically THE SAME THING Slick did with her. The only difference is that the guy who broke the fem bot and Slick was Slick dragging her to the reality zone.

BUT IT'S NOT??? EVEN??? SIMILAR??? THE ACTIONS BETWEEN SLICK AND THE OTHER GUY ARE NOT EVEN REMOTELY THE SAME AND ROGUE IS SMART ENOUGH TO NOTICE AND REALIZE THAT

THEY'RE NOT EVEN REMOTELY COMPARABLE, IS WHAT I'M SAYING.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go whine about the comic somewhere people care Rothide.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Rothide wrote:
However, when she was another guy doing basically THE SAME THING Slick did with her. The only difference is that the guy who broke the fem bot and Slick was Slick dragging her to the reality zone.

BUT IT'S NOT??? EVEN??? SIMILAR??? THE ACTIONS BETWEEN SLICK AND THE OTHER GUY ARE NOT EVEN REMOTELY THE SAME AND ROGUE IS SMART ENOUGH TO NOTICE AND REALIZE THAT

THEY'RE NOT EVEN REMOTELY COMPARABLE, IS WHAT I'M SAYING.

Not similar in the least, even though they start out great, happy that a robot is paying them attention, then somebody comes out and ruins it, then the guy is shown as being angry/ashamed, then the guy leads her back home and breaks her apart/then slick leads her to the reality zone and she escapes.

Looks pretty much the same only the fembot was able to escape before the guy could murder her.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Go whine about the comic somewhere people care Rothide.

LOOK! THE SINFEST SIGNAL!

Someone is bringing ideas that are not conforming to the boards views, I must go there and protect our people!

MONKEY! AWAY!
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though technically I guess the fembot could be showing the same reaction an abused woman acts with their abuser, not bringing themselves to hurt someone who used them as property...

But I don't think Tat thought that deep about it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: