welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 7: Uh oh...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: May 7: Uh oh... Reply with quote

Shuddup Squig!

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe she'll let Squig go so he can get tacos.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still holding out for emotionally conflicted reunion here... cuz yeah. EMOTE!
Wabi

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Oh, dear... Reply with quote

I'm genuinely curious how Slick will react to this. Remorse? Trying to justify it?
diagram12345

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this makes me think that if my vibrator ever gained sentience and came after me with shotgun, I'd have a lot to answer for.
khan

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Oh, dear... Reply with quote

Wabi wrote:
I'm genuinely curious how Slick will react to this. Remorse? Trying to justify it?

Lie. Like a rug. Or even lamer, he'll say nothing and hope she doesnt give him an extra mouth.
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or he could like... tell the truth... he wanted companionship... he figured a fembot was the way to go... The fake relationship wasn't working so he went into the reality zone... it didn't turn out... He didn't make the same mistake twice... Granted that this logic isn't coming from the offended party so it might not mean much to said offended party... who has a gun to his face...

Realizing that she is the only sentient fembot may make things worse or better... I hope she realizes that they have to be taken to the reality zone to become sentient... and that they are just programmed machines until that happens...
Moor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHH!!! HERE IT COMES!

Cley Faye wrote:
Moor wrote:
WOAH! PLOT! This is moving way to quickly for Sinfest. I'm gonna get whiplash.

Don't worry. It will probably switch to something else tomorrow, and something else again the day after. We can't have plot here!

(that's how I convince me not to think about it too much... now I'm going to sleep until tomorrow just in case)

WHIP--

Yinello wrote:
Moor wrote:
WOAH! PLOT! This is moving way to quickly for Sinfest. I'm gonna get whiplash.

That's only if the plot continues tomorrow.

--LASHHHH!!

Also, intense. 'N' stuff. Woah.
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok:
darksander

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Maybe she'll let Squig go so he can get tacos.

this cracked me up Very Happy
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
or he could like... tell the truth... he wanted companionship... he figured a fembot was the way to go... The fake relationship wasn't working so he went into the reality zone... it didn't turn out... He didn't make the same mistake twice... Granted that this logic isn't coming from the offended party so it might not mean much to said offended party... who has a gun to his face...

Realizing that she is the only sentient fembot may make things worse or better... I hope she realizes that they have to be taken to the reality zone to become sentient... and that they are just programmed machines until that happens...

But that would require Slick to have retained any of the character development and/or maturity he's had over the years. Not something I'd want to bet on.
wobster109

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on!

Slick bought a fembot back when she was nonsentient so he could have personal enjoyment and not bother anyone else. He's got nothing to apologize for!
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp, I'm genuinely whiplashed.

If my PC became sentient, yeah I'd apologise. I'd apologise a lot for all the shitty sites I made it surf to. Sorry PC.
Moor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on!

Fembots in this comic are symbols for the passive and active commoditization and denial of agency for women, especially in a sexual context. By buying a fembot, Slick is actively participating in and reenforcing said system, and is totally guilty of it.

Here, phrased in a way that isn't trying to mirror your structure for rhetorical purposes: Fembots stand in for the exploitation of women. Therefore (despite it not being the logical thing for the characters to do in the comic), fembots actually are sentient, just brainwashed. Slick bought a sentient-but-brainwashed fembot. And if you're going to try to say "but DevilCorp said...", remember that DevilCorp (here) stands in for the patriarchal norms our society subscribes to, and that makes it impossible to drop the blame off there, just like "But beer commercials promised me that I'd get all the naked babes, so I deserve to get the nake babes and should take the naked babes" is an irresponsible way to shift blame in the real world.
diagram12345

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moor wrote:
Oh come on!

Fembots in this comic are symbols for the passive and active commoditization and denial of agency for women, especially in a sexual context. By buying a fembot, Slick is actively participating in and reenforcing said system, and is totally guilty of it.

Here, phrased in a way that isn't trying to mirror your structure for rhetorical purposes: Fembots stand in for the exploitation of women. Therefore (despite it not being the logical thing for the characters to do in the comic), fembots actually are sentient, just brainwashed. Slick bought a sentient-but-brainwashed fembot. And if you're going to try to say "but DevilCorp said...", remember that DevilCorp (here) stands in for the patriarchal norms our society subscribes to, and that makes it impossible to drop the blame off there, just like "But beer commercials promised me that I'd get all the naked babes, so I deserve to get the nake babes and should take the naked babes" is an irresponsible way to shift blame in the real world.

I mean, yes, fembots are symbolic in a meta sense, but from Slick's perspective, he's bought an electronic device for sex things, and now the electronic device is sentient and threatening to shoot him in the face.

I'd hate to have to answer for some of the things I've done with electronic devices. >.>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: