welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 10: Cliffhanger!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redshirt26

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a swerve. Sunday's comic will be about something else and this will never be reverenced to again.
RaphEmer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say 'never', but I will be surprised if this continues tomorrow.

Pleasantly surprised...but surprised nonetheless.
Geareye

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I'm pleasantly surprised that Tat did an actual plot-focused continuation week, it seems most people loved it too *coughs* do it more often *coughs*.

So Slick is obviously not dead. Doesn't happen in sinfest. Either she was knocked off, she missed intentionally, or the gun shot flowers or something. Aside from intenionally missing, which seems cheap to me, all others are welcome.

Also, does anyone find Slick's reaction a bit weird? Why would he think someone he considers a machine can be exploited? Did he a)think she was sentient from the start? , b) think she got sentient post real zone or c) play along with the person with the shotgun -wise-... My bets are on c), I hope Tat clarifies.

All these are minor, last sinfest week has been awesome, looking forward to Sunday.

Also, fan-comic was great, good job Miss M.
Echo

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the gun that shoots flowers. That one makes a "Bloom" noise. All we know is that there was a "Blam" noise, and the title is "Shots fired"...
Geareye

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
It's not the gun that shoots flowers. That one makes a "Bloom" noise. All we know is that there was a "Blam" noise, and the title is "Shots fired"...

Have you ever read a comic with shooting being ''blam'' instead of ''bam/boom/kpowwww''?...pffehehehhe...anyway, I find the "L" in the "blam" supicious...
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Echo wrote:

Have you ever read a comic with shooting being ''blam'' instead of ''bam/boom/kpowwww''?...pffehehehhe...anyway, I find the "L" in the "blam" supicious...

Yup. Blam, and blamo, does ring a bell in my comics memory. Maybe not in english tough.

However, here it doesn't have to be a shotgun firing sound. First, I don't see Sinfest going 100% dark, and second...
I don't have second, except for the "Squig hat gone flying in a very comic exaggeration way", that would not fit a main character going out of commission.
Hydro

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, since our Sunday comics rarely involve words anymore, I forsee a lot of excellent action panels coming our way. If the story is continued tomorrow...

OR Tat's going to pull a Dallas on us. This might all be what's going on in Px's head.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Have you ever read a comic with shooting being ''blam'' instead of ''bam/boom/kpowwww''

in other comics? no.

(speaking of bloom, Rogue can't have it because Seymour has it.)

but in sinfest, guns go blam.

I definitely think that whatever is happening off-screen, I doubt that someone actually got shot. If Slick got shot, you would think Squig would be more terrified and/or sad than he is shocked. If Rogue got shot then Squig would be more terrified than he is shocked. But we won't know until the next installation, which is likely to occur on Sunday because we know how Tat LOVES to save the action for Sundays.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OklahomanSun wrote:
Why are people placing Xanthe into a position where she has any sort of empathy for Slick or any guys.

Just because she's slightly more articulate than the rest of the gang doesn't mean that she'd be very bothered to see a guy get shot.

What the fuck.

"I am pissed about men treating women poorly"="I'M OKAY WITH DUDES GETTINGMURDERED", apparently!

Is this the way you view things too, then? Would *You* be OK seeing someone get murdered/not interfering, if you somewhat disliked that person?
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Geareye

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:

Thank you for this, makes me more excited for tomorrow. Assuming that Slick isn't dead , I just hope she didn't miss on purpose, though.
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thus the question of how on earth Tats was going to follow Rosie Fembot was answered.

God damn it Tat.

Homeslice

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, I've got it!

Hoverbot uses her arm cannon to disable pxwhatever and saves the day.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:

Thank you for this, makes me more excited for tomorrow. Assuming that Slick isn't dead , I just hope she didn't miss on purpose, though.

Of course even if she did just apply directly to the forehead, he may just wind up in hell? I mean people do get dropped in there but we've never seen how someone who dies goes?
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worried. This isn't that kind of comic.

I figure either she shot to miss in order to scare, probably literally, the shit out of him or someone, probably Lily and Tange but maybe someone in the Sisterhood who isn't Violet came by and knocked the gun away.

Sudden thought. maybe Francis was made curious about everyone looking for Devilcorp, went looking on his own and showed up to save the day. And now the mildly homophobic (or at least that's the impression i get, am I wrong?) Slick will owe his life to a gay man.

Or...it's a Sopranos ending.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New one is up, but I don't know how to create a new thread, so I'll just say it here..... FUCK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: