welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 11: Off 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homeslice

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: May 11: Off 5 Reply with quote

The stunning conclusion (I think)

Point for those who said it was someone(or thing) from D-Tech.

Still leaves a number of questions:

Where is PX going?

What is Slick going to think?
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Homeslice, now I can post this in the right thread.

FUCK!

And now we get an 'ending' of absolute return to Status Quo.

Slick will be bewildered but has no motivation to improve, beyond MAYBE the reflection that he could have died. So long as Squig or himself doesn't convince himself that 'bitches be crazy', and she was only doing that because she was 'malfunctioning', and was 'Hormonal and unbalanced' and completely remove himself from blame.

I understand that the Status Quo must be maintained unless we want to see Sinfest come to an end, but this one just feels like a kick in the teeth. Easiest cop out of any way for Slick to develop and now we go into, most likely, a Lily and Tang Rescue Arc with possible help from the Sisterhood after the Drone assault/Message from Assault Bot..... Yay.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Andthat's how PX gets captured?

Really?

... That... was impressively anti-climactic.

Not that I wanted her to shoot slick, just-suddenly, THE DRONES ARE COMPETENT! Against women armed with melee weapons and a nailgun: THEY COULD NOT WIN!

Against a robot woman that *BATTLED AN ASSASSIN DROID* and *HAD A SHOTGUN*: VICTORRRRYYYYY

Who the fuck programs these things.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Homeslice

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:

I understand that the Status Quo must be maintained unless we want to see Sinfest come to an end, but this one just feels like a kick in the teeth. Easiest cop out of any way for Slick to develop and now we go into, most likely, a Lily and Tang Rescue Arc with possible help from the Sisterhood after the Drone assault/Message from Assault Bot..... Yay.

You never know, slick might reflect on his purchase of a PX.

Last edited by Homeslice on Sun May 11, 2014 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Homeslice

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:

Who the fuck programs these things.

Technically the flying drone missed.

Further, the only way the drones were able to win was because a massive horde of flying drones distracted PX while one was able to electrocute her.

I don't think this changes anything about the drones.
Istancow

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squig wrote:
No! We assemble drones.

We're not engineers!

Onimaru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homeslice wrote:
Onimaru wrote:

You never know, slick might reflect on his purchase of a PX.

Maybe, and I hope you're right, but history suggests otherwise. It's just a shame, I had high hopes for something really meaningful to happen with this, and to have the drones 'save the day' just leaves me with a bit of an empty feeling in the pit of my guts.
wobster109

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can shoot one very powerful attacker, but you can't fight off a swarm of bees or a hill of ants.

I'm serious. I lived in Florida for a time, and a large number of small bugs are scary as all get all.
zarus

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goddammit why is he still alive
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's too early to write off Slick dismissing the whole incident. Assuming the possibility he remembers that this was "his" fembot, the one whom he wanted to prove he had a real relationship with, having that very bot level a gun at his face is probably pretty traumatizing. I'm not saying he'll take action or do anything necessarily redeeming anytime soon, he's been very one-step-forward-two-steps-back about that. But he's always been rather hypersensitive to rejection (if not in general) and not someone who'd just brush this off.

One thing I find curious -- unless he was lying his dick off in the previous comic to save his own skin (not unlikely, sadly) then he still seems to see himself as an "ally". He's not yet had that directly thrown back in his face until now. Xanthe's usual reaction to his fishing for cookies is non-committal disdain at most.
Hydro

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PPPPPYXXXX. I didn't think you were going to shoot Slick.

I have the sad now. T__T
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLICK!! SQUIG!! YOU HAVE TO SAVE HER!!!!!!!!! Shocked
khan

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg... this is one of the saddest comics ive read Crying or Very sad

also, those are the newest drone model. sisterhood will need to up their ante in this arms race
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was about the worst way this situation could possibly have ended.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
SLICK!! SQUIG!! YOU HAVE TO SAVE HER!!!!!!!!! Shocked

Slick: Oh yes, lets save the person that had a SHOTGUN in my face!

I'm glad it was actually D-Tech stuff/security that stopped her. Kinda let down though, cause this doesn't really add any more depth to the characters and sadly returns back to Status-quo.

Slick is still Slick with the Glasses and Maverick (or PX as it looks like people call her), while still captured (though who knows how long that will last), still can show threaten of deadly force but hasn't either taken that step or backed away from it. Though I will give credit, Maverick has been shown that she apparently has a bigger beef against Slick (who bought her) than Milton (who killed). I guess you could say that Milton got away, but she could have followed him or at least taken a shot.

Either way though an interesting and concise plot-line. Wish it could have had a bit more character development but at least something big has changed.

Now if she gets saved by the Sisterhood before anything happens to her then I will be depressed again.

TL;DR: Wasn't an ass-pull just to go back to status-quo but still going back to status-quo, character development is still a bit shallow, interest to see where it going, hope the sisterhood just does't just waltz in and save her no sweat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: