welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 11: Off 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the drones SUPPOSED to look like the stars on the US flag?
Combined with clouds that look like stripes?

You could call this symbolic of the US defending its citizens [slick & squig] or claim the US is run by the devil.
Night Spade

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarus wrote:
goddammit why is he still alive

I was also kinda hoping that she would have done him in just so we could have a Slick's Bogus Journey(goes to Hell) story arc.
crescentgaia

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to think about this, really. Save for wondering if Lil'E and Tang are the ones who do go to save her and Lil'E runs into dad. And then we get an extremely awkward family reunion.

(No, I really don't care what happens with Slick and his arc anymore. Same goes with Monique and her arc. Or their little counterpoints and their arcs. Or sisterhood and their... whatever it is [I don't think those are arcs]. I'm really just here for Pooch, Percy, Lil'E and Tang, but will read everything else too.)
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, I'd forgotten about the drone swarm; well, now we know what the centipede-drones can do. Also, interesting that they didn't try to destroy PX (as per Big D's original instructions); I have a hunch Milton is behind her being taken "alive," so to speak.

SA_Penguin wrote:
Are the drones SUPPOSED to look like the stars on the US flag?
Combined with clouds that look like stripes?

You could call this symbolic of the US defending its citizens [slick & squig] or claim the US is run by the devil.
...I think that's kind of a stretch. The drones & clouds don't really look like the Stars & Stripes (to me, at least).
StateOfBedlam

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homeslice wrote:
Technically the flying drone missed.

It successfully destroyed all of the pellets mid-fire and saved the D. Tech employee. How is that missing?

EDIT: Ah, you were interpreting the "BLAM!" as just being the drone firing. I see.
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StateOfBedlam wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Technically the flying drone missed.

It successfully destroyed all of the pellets mid-fire and saved the D. Tech employee. How is that missing?

EDIT: Ah, you were interpreting the "BLAM!" as just being the drone firing. I see.

I saw the blam as the drone's shot.. it missed intentionally to distract i thought... based on where I think the drone was and the location of the hole, the shot never crossed paths with the shotgun's line of fire. It was never meant to hit in the first place... considering the ambulance was coming before she got zapped.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no no no no no no no no no no

Nope I am not okay with this

CLIO DO SOMETHINGGG
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StateOfBedlam wrote:

Dude, what?

One -- Pixi didn't even fire her gun. I know the smoke in panel three kinda looks like it's also coming from her weapon but it's not. The loud BLAM was the drone firing. They don't seem to have spying as their primary objective anymore. I think the observation that was made about them resembling the American flag may indeed have been intentional. America has lately embraced the idea of inflicting upon innocents the science fiction nightmare that are drone strikes.

Two -- Why the bloody hell would D. Tech go out of their way to save any of their employees? The devil doesn't really care about them, he's the devil! While a case can certainly be made that the devil's minions are doing "good" by stopping the rampage of a potentially murderous fembot, there was absolutely no pure intentions behind it. No, suppressing the rogue fembot was all about maintaining power and punishing those who resist their role (see my original theory about the Sinfest Devil trying to be God).
Echo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is depressing. I'm betting on Milton's involvement, going by how she was stunned and retrieved intact rather than just destroyed. But still, having a female character knocked out and dragged off by forces who, at least previously, have wanted her either subservient or dead, is not good.

I want freedom and happiness for Pxsomethingsomething. Not... well, whatever's about to happen to her, it probably won't be anything good. About the best outcome I can see, other than her immediate rescue, is Milton learning something from trying to reprogram her. But that sucks too, because it's a female character getting treated horribly so a male character can learn something from the experience.

<Sigh>

I was hoping I'd like today's strip, but I don't like it much.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
But that sucks too, because it's a female character getting treated horribly so a male character can learn something from the experience.

which sure would be ironic

like ten thousand spoons when all ya need is a knife ironic
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Echo wrote:
But that sucks too, because it's a female character getting treated horribly so a male character can learn something from the experience.

which sure would be ironic

like ten thousand spoons when all ya need is a knife ironic

That's not Irony it's just coincidental!

Irony is a devil saying that I'll take your hands if you don't repay, and when you can't you find out its take your hands "in marriage".
calagon1

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm actually pretty pleased with this development. I have no sympathy for Maverick/PX/whatever. Slick didn't even do anything, he and Squig just finished work, and the fembot automatically waves a shotgun in his face.

I don't really care if it was for the wrong reasons, I'm just glad the drones saved Slick's life. Slick, who I consider one of the more sympathetic characters.
OklahomanSun

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unfortunately zero percent surprised. Tat is a great artist but he's not a great storyteller. He's not even a good storyteller. Good storytellers have to commit characters to changes, to developments both happy and sad.

I knew this arc would fizzle because all Slick arcs will fizzle because Slick isn't really a character. He's a foil, a representation. He can't change unless Tat changes the Sinfest concept away from an ideological position piece into a plot and character driven comic with an ideological slant.

Look at all the other meager development he's had. How long has his heart been thawing? A year? No, I doubt we'll even see the glasses come off soon because they aren't plot either, but a way to turn Slick into a foil for Tat's criticism of our consumer driven aspect of the Patriarchy.

Ultimately, Tat has lost the ability or the guts to develop Squig and Slick. He was never great on storytelling to begin with and now he is so deep into the use of them as a representation rather than as characters that it's hopeless.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
No no no no no no no no no no no no

Nope I am not okay with this

CLIO DO SOMETHINGGG

seconded

literally -anybody- do something.

I can't lose all my robots
Echo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of nice Sinfest robots, there are still Abby's pet zenzapped drones safe and well and concious and unexploded. And I suppose also the Cupid's-arrow-affected drone who is obsessed with buttocks.

Still, I don't like this happening to Pxsomethingsomething either.

Anyone else expecting the solution to her capture to involve the chip from her Weaponised sister?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: