welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 11: Off 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while the bots are cute or whatever they aren't really what i was talking about even a little bit.
Geareye

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:

I can't lose all my robots

Sisterhood has the cpu/memory/whatever_it_was of fight-bot, milton -who'll probably get his hands on freebot- has a ton of spare fight-bot bodies and was feeling a bit guilty for killing fightbot, lil'e and tangy are looking for freebot and the sisterhood is on high alert due to the new drones. I think we can all see where this is headed.

Worst case scenario, you'll still have hoverbot.
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
which sure would be ironic

like ten thousand spoons when all ya need is a knife ironic

Yup. Pretty much. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit uncomfortable when I noticed that too. Then I realized I wouldn't feel the same way if the genders were reversed and dismissed it. If it plays out that way, it plays out that way, I'll accept it.

At the same time I didn't mention I find it hard at all sympathize with Pixi compared to Slick. I mean yes, I do feel sorry for her existential dilemma and I do understand why she's angry. My sympathy for any character however stops where they decide the most reasonable response to their struggles is spontaneous homicidal assault. As personally unsatisfying as I find this outcome, she pretty much deserved what happened to her here. If the best that comes from this is character development from a former protagonist that has been caught in the comic's armpit for the longest time because he's been a self-centered little douche, I'll cheer for it.

(Now whether she deserves what happens to her once Milton gets his stubby little hands on her, I'll definitely say no to that. It's horrifying to even imagine. But you can't act out with violent intentions and expect no consequences from whatever authority is keeping the peace. Not unless you're playing GTA and enter the no wanted stars cheat.)
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
SLICK!! SQUIG!! YOU HAVE TO SAVE HER!!!!!!!!! Shocked
Because i would totally be inspired to save someone who was about to shoot me in the face from the people who rescued me.
Istancow

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's sort of saddening? She was arrested by an EMT.

Drones are scary.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Fantasy Hope now, reading through this, thinking on it I have another hope for how this MIGHT play out, aka: I'm willingly putting my hopes on something that probably won't happen Razz

Slick goes home, looks at himself in the mirror, doesn't like what he sees there through the glasses, throws them the hell away, spends a few days reflecting on what happened. Suddenly a knock on the door, he opens it and finds a big box, upon opening it he finds his 'property' returned to him after being 'fixed'.

Afraid, understandably, at first that she might attack him again, he's also relieved that she's OK so he activates her tries to talk to her, learn what happened, learn why she was so angry...... But SHE isn't there anymore, just a clean slate, an empty mind that's just 'for him' again. Realizing that any personality, any soul she once had has been stolen he drops the controller and smashes it under his foot. PX powers down as a result and Slick carries her outside.

Now from here I could see it going one of two ways, someone sees him and says off hand, "Your Bot got busted, you can get her fixed you know." to which Slick replies, "She isn't the one that needs to be fixed..." And carries her on. First maybe to the Reality Zone, but since that just 'Wakes her up' not restores her he asks her to follow him to see if they can find someone to help her. On the way he sees the girls from the Sisterhood, maybe Xanthe and the Engineer working on the Badass Trike.

He approaches asking, "You're good with Machines... Right?" At the nod from them he points to the curiously wandering Pixie, "Can you help her? She's not what she's supposed to be." The Sisterhood not knowing what's happened, what's been lost, of course don't know what's he's asking for and Xanthe demands, "Oh she isn't? What IS she supposed to be then!" Taking him by the collar, Slick not resisting simply looks back, "Free..." Then leaves Pixie with them to hopefully be returned to the one we know, but this time tempered with a bit of knowledge by the Sisterhood.

And there it is, my Fantasy for what I hope happens to cause a bit of evolution for the characters.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with that Px deserved this. No I don't think her choice of actions were right by running out with a shotgun but she didn't shoot Slick and now she will get dissasembled. Basically they are going to take her life. Does she really deserve to die? No for the love of god don't start comparing this to throwing away toasters.

As if Slick is actually going to redeem himself here. He's still got the glasses on, he's just going to continue being a jerk. Even at gunpoint he still treated her as an object.

What Px truly needs is an environment that makes her feel safe and teaches her how to deal with her sadness which was triggered by the other bot selfdestructing. I was truly rooting for Nana to pitch in somewhere.

Lil E and Tangy are actually at the factory though. Maybe they can truly save her before anything happens.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are they at the factory though? i thought they ended up at a store front, and those are not necessarily anywhere near the factories.
swicked

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so, is that the purpose of these new drone crawlers? To apprehend rogue bots?
If so, kudos. Much better than an assassin bot, far less destructive and attention-getting.

How much longer is it going to take for this all to catch up with Milton, though? It's long past time for someone to bring the hammer down on that jerk. Really, that should have happened back after he directed his assassin bot to judo-flip that one guy.
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still holding out for Slick and Squig saving her. *hope*
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
OK, Fantasy Hope now, reading through this, thinking on it I have another hope for how this MIGHT play out, aka: I'm willingly putting my hopes on something that probably won't happen :Por what I hope happens to cause a bit of evolution for the characters.

Sad to say but... Don't bother. Many have offered theories that involved radical character evolution, but it doesn't seem to be what Tat's interested in doing right now. And we, the readers, will have to respect that, exactly in the same way that we have to respect his choice to make the comic more message-oriented.
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She might not deserve to die, but attempted murder is still a very serious crime in the real world. I'm not going to give her any slack just because she has complex motives or character development. If that sounds like I'm holding a double standard since I do give Slick that benefit -- it's not the same thing. Unlike attempted murder, being a self-centered little douche isn't a grand felony. Even Sleaze hasn't gone this far.
And lest anyone try to tell me it wasn't an attempted murder -- that's a shotgun. Leveled at his face. Anyone who has any experience with guns knows that's overkill. That close up pretty much anywhere means that even if Slick survived the encounter he's going to be probably eating from a tube and in assisted living for the rest of his natural life. Even if she were theoretically intentionally trying to miss because again -- shotgun. Guns are very serious business.

I don't want Px stuck in Milton's hands either. I'm not happy with this outcome, I want to be clear on that. That isn't going to result in justice. But someone does need to tell this chick that this is Not Okay. It really is high time her acting out violently resulted in consequences for her.

(I'd feel the same way about the sisterhood performing acts of terrorism, but I get the sense the factories and such they were blowing up were automated/unmanned. It's actually my contention that the Devil is hiring workers to make the new drones because he knows mass murder is beyond what the sisterhood is willing to commit to. Squig and Slick are effectively human shields.)
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... the sisterhood never blew up any factories though? like, the only one who has been anywhere near a factory is clio and all she did was hack into the fembot obedience programming to show the fembots the history of abuse towards women... although that was an action that clearly lacked foresight in regards to how the fembots would react besides wanting freedom... the dragon, however, has definitely destroyed a factory.

Midnight Tea wrote:
Even Sleaze hasn't gone this far.

wrong.

sleaze destroyed paradise, and it's heavily implied that he destroyed the rest of sinfest city too. which means... less than pleasant things regarding the inhabitants.

(not including the fact that sleaze has actively gone out of his way to hurt slick on several occasions)

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Onimaru wrote:
OK, Fantasy Hope now, reading through this, thinking on it I have another hope for how this MIGHT play out, aka: I'm willingly putting my hopes on something that probably won't happen :Por what I hope happens to cause a bit of evolution for the characters.

Sad to say but... Don't bother. Many have offered theories that involved radical character evolution, but it doesn't seem to be what Tat's interested in doing right now. And we, the readers, will have to respect that, exactly in the same way that we have to respect his choice to make the comic more message-oriented.

You're quite right Leohan, I'm well aware that Sinfest isn't so much a story comic as it is a platform for Tat to express his concepts, ideals and views in a comic format with familiar and identifiable characters. And as I said previously, the moment that characters move beyond the 'Status Quo' we can expect the end of the comic to be coming soon, most likely.

Slick will forever hold the place of the Everyman, either unwilling, ignorant or attempts to improve only for personal gain in the face of the need for change, that is his role in Sinfest and it's a role Tat needs to be able to portray that. That for every Crim that seeks change for the right reasons, there will be a Slick that refuses change, ignores change, or only dabbles in it for the credit and expects the rewards of a 'true ally'.

That's not to say that Tat portrays Slick as totally irredeemable, that's part of him too, he can be, just like almost anybody can be redeemed. But he shows the very Human flaw that he doesn't want to sacrifice what is necessary to do so, his male relationships, his social standing, his 'right' to be a Guy, all for some nebulous ideal he didn't even realize existed until it started to take things from him, which is why he first saw it as an enemy, why many men make the mistake in thinking Feminism is out to get them, because equality is going to take away their freedom to be superior, condescending pricks and be glorified for it.....

Well rant over, it's all things that have been said before, and by people more articulate than me around here Smile

But either way, I'll still come on and post a few Fantasy ideas now and again, mostly because I like to see Miss M take my half brained ideas and turn them into something amazing Razz

Thanks all for tolerating my selfishness, and my ignorance in my time here, I've had time to grow here and I believe it's helped me personally. I'm still an angry moron in real life, but now I like to think I get angry about stuff that matters, even if it makes me unpopular at work for telling the guys laughing about their 'women problems' to shut up and think if maybe they're the problem instead of blaming them for being 'crazy bitches'. Got hauled in front of a Professional Development Supervisor for that one, told I'm creating a hostile working environment. So I went to the Major, told him the circumstances and the exact things that were said, he interviewed the other members of the 'chat' and they had the gall to admit to everything they said, but they were 'just kidding around' and 'I shouldn't be so angry over them just venting about their wives/girlfriends'. They were all ordered to go on a 3 week Professional Sensitivity and Awareness Course or face Disciplinary Charges, this included the PD Supervisor who told me defending women in the workplace was creating a hostile environment.

Needless to say, I don't get invited to drink with the guys anymore. Razz Which is fine by me, I'd rather stay home and watch anime with the Wife anyways. Smile
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
... the sisterhood never blew up any factories though? like, the only one who has been anywhere near a factory is clio and all she did was hack into the fembot obedience programming to show the fembots the history of abuse towards women... although that was an action that clearly lacked foresight in regards to how the fembots would react besides wanting freedom... the dragon, however, has definitely destroyed a factory.

Yeah, maybe I'm getting my wires crossed. Either way I stand by this being the Devil's motive for hiring normal people as workers.

Quote:
wrong.

sleaze destroyed paradise, and it's heavily implied that he destroyed the rest of sinfest city too. which means... less than pleasant things regarding the inhabitants.

(not including the fact that sleaze has actively gone out of his way to hurt slick on several occasions)

Sleaze does torment Slick, it's true, that's sort of the definition of a personal demon. I'll grant you that I'd be even more uncomfortable with Sleaze being armed given he's a raging ball of id, but vandalism and destruction of property isn't even comparable to attempted murder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: