welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 17th Scurred
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: May 17th Scurred Reply with quote

Gonna try starting one myself, if I fail someone please do one right Razz
Istancow

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on a successful first strip-post, Onimaru!
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kindly, Dapper Gentleman Cat, Istancow Smile

Now for my reaction to said comic, a bit of relief in that Xanthe showed enough concern that she genuinely suggested they get help for what they went through rather than dismissed it as 'dudebro problems'.

However a bit of disappointment is there in that they're playing the 'Tough Guy' card and pretending like they weren't affected by what happened, at least trying to look strong in front of Xanthe, someone who will not be impressed by any kind of shallow grandstanding.

So good and bad made for a comic that has me still eager to see where this arc leads Smile
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is awesome that she cares, but not enough to be pushy about it. That's all I really gotta say for once, this is actually a very effective use of dialogue within the restraints of four panels. Very nicely written, Mr. Ishida.
swicked

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Tea wrote:
It really is awesome that she cares, but not enough to be pushy about it. That's all I really gotta say for once, this is actually a very effective use of dialogue within the restraints of four panels. Very nicely written, Mr. Ishida.

How many members are to the trike-riding sisterhood?
Because yeah, she's really nice, but I can't help but feel at least one of them would have responded to this far less sympathetically.
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swicked wrote:
Midnight Tea wrote:

Because yeah, she's really nice, but I can't help but feel at least one of them would have responded to this far less sympathetically.

If you mean the little violent one... likely...
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOMEONE TAKE OFF SLICK'S GLASSES PLEASE!

(Notice that Slick is not returning Squig's embrace. I think that he's being controlled or his emotions are being blocked by those (literally!) damned things.)

AND THEN EVERYONE TEAM UP TO RESCUE PINK BOT PERSON!!!

please don't let the happy/kind/converted/enlightened drone get hurt or killed amen
Ennis

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
(Notice that Slick is not returning Squig's embrace. I think that he's being controlled or his emotions are being blocked by those (literally!) damned things.)

To be fair, I think this is showing the moment that Slick got unexpectedly yanked into a hug, he hasn't had a chance to return it yet. Buuut given his recent behaviour, I wouldn't be surprised if even when given the chance he didn't.

I'm hoping that Xanthe is going to meet up with Lil'E and Tange somehow, then they go and rescue Pixie together and Dman comes in and there's a highly emotional scene with him and Lil'E. *crosses fingers*
Leohan

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see that the biggest question of yesterday's strip has been answered and Xanthe wasn't making light of the situation after all.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
swicked wrote:
Midnight Tea wrote:

If you mean the little violent one... likely...

Which is most likely why she isn't the one sent out for missions like this. Know your allies and their strengths.

A+ indeed for Xanthe and giving good advice.
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squig is the one character that never disappoint me.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xanthe remindin' errybody just why shes my favorite character. 10/10, xanthe.

swicked wrote:

ok, lets see... lets go do a quick headcount based on the information we have been given.

in this image, there are 15 figures - therefore, fifteen members of the sisterhood. 3 of which are recognizable as being recurring characters - clio, tess, and li'l sis.

in this image, there are 6 figures. all of which are now recurring characters. only three of which are not recognizably in the previous image.

so... about 18 members of the sisterhood. not many of which we would really know about, but it is natural to assume that not all of them would be as reassuring or supportive. this depends on, of course, whether or not there are terms and conditions there are to being a member of the sisterhood. but we do know that out of the recurring six members of the sisterhood, at least 4 of them would respond positively with reassurance and sympathy. we do not know enough about tess or li'l sis to really figure out their stance, based on their limited dialogue and interactions, thus we are to assume that li'l sis would not meet the two with reassurance or support, based on her violent tendencies and cynical dialogue.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Violent Violet would probably be dissapointed that they hadn't both been shot.

As for the membership I figure that the Sisterhood is like, for lack of a better analogy, the Sons of Anarchy. There are members who mostly lead their own lives but are available on call when needed, then there's Nana and the Main Five who are the inner circle.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, i dont really think lil sis would really care either way. she wouldnt feel sympathy for them or even pretend for a second to be reassurring or supportive. but i dont think that shed be disappointed either. she just strikes me as the kind of person who just straight up Legitimately Does Not Give A Fuck.

i did try to keep in mind the possibility that due to the fact we dont know much about the sisterhood - as an organization, as characters, ect, ect - that its entirely possible that theyre obligated to do their best to help anyone and everyone even if they don't really want to, though there is nothing in canon to suggest that. thus what i meant by "terms and conditions"

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Violet would have asked what went on, and then driven off to help Pxsomethingsomething. No asking how Slick & Squig were, no recommendation of trauma counselling, nothing. As in this, she doesn't attack on sight, but neither does she cut people an inch of slack.

N.B. Interesting wording in the link - she doesn't flat-out say she hates men, just asks why she shouldn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: