welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hi i am a horrible nerd ask me anything about star wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Wow Kreia doesn't like me AT ALL. Gosh Kreia I'm so sorry I save people's lives and do good things all the time I really like how you're spinning that into being greedy and horrible somehow? I'd feel under appreciated but literally everybody else loves me and I'm too virtuous for that. So there.

Oddly enough, [SPOILERZ]

Kreia does not object to doing good works, but she thinks the oldschool Jedi way of being 'good' was hopelessly shortsighted, so she objects to doing 'good deeds' that only leave people weak and dependent, easy targets. She says something to the extent of "By giving him what he hasn't fought for himself, you're only making him a target. Your generosity passes like sand through his hands." Possibly allegorical for the state of the Republic, which the Jedi had sustained for so long that it became dysfunctional and reliant on them. She also dislikes the Jedi shutting themselves off from the potentials of intrigue and deception to steer events towards a more controllable end.

Kreia does, however, object to Sithiness more. For all the harm that attempting good in the wrong ways does, not even attempting good and instead being a crude violent thing does worse.

What does Kreia like? Kreia is, at heart, a teacher. She likes it when you acknowledge her teachings, demonstrate that you paid attention, commit to learning what she shows you. Beyond that, she does not want you to trust her, and she wants you to view her as disposable.

Kreia likes it when you use powers of persuasion. She dislikes it when you could have appealed through persuasion, but instead just use force persuasion.

Lastly, deep at her core, in a way she herself is struggling with, she appreciates it when you suggest in any way that nobody is beneath redemption. That nobody does not deserve a chance to be redeemed.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh heeeeey that... that makes SO MUCH sense.

Quote:
I was having a really hard time understanding. I mean, she still probably hates me (I will never get over how easy it is to force persuade and still be considered 'good' so sometimes i do it because it makes me laugh even though I always ALWAYS max out my normal persuade. look i never said i was good at any of these games, right? I probably only need one kind of persuade -probably-.) And the last big convo we had involved a lot of "UGH You -hear- me but you aren't -listening-" frustration on her part. I've pretty much decided to play my character as the rightest light of rightness because idk I'm wrong a lot irl I figure I can be pristine in my game and get away with it.

I still don't have my fucking lightsaber though. Apparently the guy who reminds me of Mark Ruffalo is totally going to help build me one so that's cool. God knows where I'm gunna find the shit to make it.

Felgraf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Oh heeeeey that... that makes SO MUCH sense.

Quote:
I was having a really hard time understanding. I mean, she still probably hates me (I will never get over how easy it is to force persuade and still be considered 'good' so sometimes i do it because it makes me laugh even though I always ALWAYS max out my normal persuade. look i never said i was good at any of these games, right? I probably only need one kind of persuade -probably-.) And the last big convo we had involved a lot of "UGH You -hear- me but you aren't -listening-" frustration on her part. I've pretty much decided to play my character as the rightest light of rightness because idk I'm wrong a lot irl I figure I can be pristine in my game and get away with it.

I still don't have my fucking lightsaber though. Apparently the guy who reminds me of Mark Ruffalo is totally going to help build me one so that's cool. God knows where I'm gunna find the shit to make it.

Also I seem to remember a number of choices where Kreia kinda grumps at you no matter WHAT you pick.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. And it turns out she's setting these situations up on purpose, along with A MAJOR SPOILER WILL GO HERE IN 24 HOURS DON'T READ IF YOU'RE STILL PLAYING at first i thought she was That Sort of character who is purposefully written to incite the player, but later on it becomes evident that her treatment of you is quite engineered, to a very specific end .. and it has two ground rules.

srsly epic spoilers ok
Quote:

1. half of it is that Kreia is probably Echani, and is Arren Vae, mother of the Handmaiden. The clues are all throughout the game. She ascribes, very successfully, to the Echani philosophy that you must find yourself in conflict. She purposefully throws challenges at the exile, ensures that the exile is confronted by adversity at every turn. She engineers these events as struggles with which the exile can be forced to accept her teachings. Given that this is a RPG with levels and XP, she's ... essentially perfectly correct. More importantly, she understands that the Exile is like a wound in the force, capable of absorbing power rapidly through accomplishments ... or, mostly, the slaying of opposition.

2. Kreia is in a rather torturous personal contradiction of the self. She was once a Jedi, then was once a Sith, and discovered the deepest failures of the Sith ideology, and then was swiftly betrayed by the other lords once it was obvious to them that she would not become beasts like them. She is a tortured shell, one who has condemned herself, who has come to despise how the force manipulates events ... and people. She desires a freedom she cannot gain for herself. She wants to be free of the machinations of the force. She has come to view herself as despicable. She wants to undo the great evils she has wrought, and knows only the Exile can. She loves the Exile, deeply and truly. But she can show the Exile no kindness, or Nihilus will make easy work of them all. This is one of the reasons why (even if she never shows any gratitude to that fact) grows in approval with her whenever you speak selflessly about the notion that nobody is beyond redemption. She is unable to give herself redemption, but ... she's stirred whenever the last person in the universe she cares for refuses to abandon hope for the fallen. She understands this even as she prepares, across the entire adventure, to have the Exile kill her.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaah okay so I'm super slow at everything and I probably won't read your spoilers even though I'm SUPER CURIOUS.

Update is: She likes me more now that I'm like "yes okay Kreia very good Kreia" even though I then traipse off to go help literally everybody in my path. Not only am I a shining beacon of everything that is good and right in the world, but the dude I broke out of a jail cell and everybody keeps Strongly Suggesting is a cold blooded killer has also tapped out his shiny beacon goodness. I'm feeling smug about all that.

Oh and I FIIINALLY got not only my very own orange lightsaber, but I also have a short lightsaber for my off hand that is yellow.

Now if only I could find heavy armor that doesn't look like somebody dipped my character into molten metal to fit it.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I savescummed on Dantooine to get a silver crystal. That plus the girl Rodian on Nar Shaddaa once you open up Dantooine markets for her has a guaranteed silver crystal in inventory. Also I have Jar Shay Advisor Armor.

So, i'm looking good. And that's all that's important.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm baffled at how I could not find a friggin lightsaber to save my soul and suddenly people are just throwing them at me but oh well, they are SUPER AFFECTIVE. But yeah I can't even lie I'm way more invested in how my game characters look than I probably should be.

I've been wandering around Nar Shaddaa and this guy is like "HEY this hutt needs beautiful dancers" and I was like "EH SURE" but then I refused to go farther because what why did I say that. What.

And now I'm trying to picture that conversation. I mean my Jedi is built like a tank (an effect not helped by the wonky screen resolution) and I can only imagine she stood there looking terrifying in her bulky melted-on armor with inexplicable wedgy and the twi-lek was just like "Oh god yes of course you're beautiful oh god anything the hutt could do to me for bringing him a terrifying jedi instead of a dancer would be better than what your eyes are threatening to do to me right now."

I mean is there a reason to visit the hutt that isn't just 'dance around to gain dubious money'?
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a reason behind that, actually. haha

and yes there's a LOT you can do through dancing for Vogga. For example, on the docks there's a couple of aliens all chatting with each other in one of the slum apartments, and if you walk in the room they're all like "oh thought you could sneak up on us huh"

use a character with a stealth belt to sneak up on them in solo mode. listen to what they say about Vogga :3
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But yeah I can't even lie I'm way more invested in how my game characters look than I probably should be.

Literally the only things I savescum for in this game are silver crystal drops and Jal Shay armor (possibly electromesh suit if I can get one early enough) because I desire to look a specific way and that's all there is to it
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I remember those assholes I didn't even think to sneak up on them. Will do!

Also that armor is badass. Do they have something in black that isn't like... "DEATH SITH ARMOR OF DOOM" or am I stuck looking like I glued some shiny stuff to a green jumpsuit? Ergh I could just look it up myself but I'm having a hard time finding a site about this game that doesn't have hateful formatting. To be fair I'm not looking very hard though. I prefer heavy armor. Because reasons. Being a tank reasons.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

additional armor tiers keep unlocking into the loot tables up to about, I believe, level 25. Some of it starts looking wa-a-a-a-a--a-ay out there, but the flex armor looks pretty cool.

this is relative to any other armor in the game though so it's a way easy standard. not only because some of the armor is just ugly as sin and gets crazier and crazier as you go up the armor tiers, but this game's soooooo olllllllllld and the models are stumpy and ugly so

Jal Shay Advisor Armor is imo best in the game shy of some of the insane robes you can get so late on it hardly matters. You can nab one of the +3 or +4 armors that still let you cast force powers verrrrry early on (first telos descent, in fact) and it will carry you through pretty much the entire game

i pretty much can't play in armor anymore because playing in armor = no force speed and no force speed is unacceptable because of how much you have to backtrack through this damn game
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a LOT of backtracking, yeah. Like the whole port mini game in Nar Shaddaa is just ridiculous, it's all just forced running between three ports that are all far from each other very carefully presented like an actual puzzle. Force speed sounds kind of worth it, I may rethink my tanking ways and get something that allows for it.

My notes for this game are great though, because I can't be normal so between the random gibberish words and something that looks like a clock with 20 hours, I've also doodled a bunch of big eyed bats. No reason on the bats, they just appear when people let me around paper and writing utensils.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jal shay and zeishon sha armors are +3 and +4 (respectively) armor class and still let you cast all force powers. a Master robe (light or dark, doesn't matter) is +3 at minimum if you can score one.

for dudes like atton, there's a sith armor that's +7 with a max dex of +7
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had some zeishon sha armor laying around and I'm using that now. Is good. Also my lightsabers are ridiculously overpowered compared to literally every other type of weapon available and I'm not sure how that happened but it works. I can't upgrade any of the fucking blasters because it says my upgrades aren't for that type of blaster? No idea how to get shit that -would- work though. Bleh.

meanwhile in spoilers wrote:
I finally made it off Nar Shaddaa and I'm really pleased with the story so far. (Oh also I picked up a little sithling on Korriban, she seems neat.) Kreia's up to something and 'something' involves trying to murder the redhead though god knows why, and I apparently have to carry around some super pompous crime boss who is also probably pretty high up in the Republic government in the form of a dubious looking torture droid. He think's he's so subtle. "A patriot" my ass.

Also I resurrected that assassin droid that was lurking in storage. He's hysterical. I have no idea how to make him happy yet, though i'm gunna go on a limb and guess that involves gleefully killing things.

This little ship is getting really full.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait wait wait wait wait, does this mean this is your first encounter with HK-47? Because if it is, you're in for good times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: