welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-05-27: Good Machine
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zarus

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: 2014-05-27: Good Machine Reply with quote

Angry, focused 'Nique is sexy 'Nique.
khan

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats... foreboding! Shocked
Moor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh! Another Poet-'Nique strip! Has it been a while since we've had one?

Also, who's that in the audience? I mean, I see Minique (of course), and.. arg, were their names Francis and Sebastian? And have we seen the one all the way on the right before?

And I'm pretty sure that the last one, with the glasses, is a new face.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, nope! We know everybody in the crowd! Minique, Francis (Sebastian is his last name) and his nameless BF, The Nurse (with the glasses) and Guitar Guy (blushing in the back)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Nope, nope! We know everybody in the crowd! Minique, Francis (Sebastian is his last name) and his nameless BF, The Nurse (with the glasses) and Guitar Guy (blushing in the back)

How. The heck. Do you do that.
Istancow

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss M is a magician. It is known.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha ha, yeah. I am in fact a magical girl. Sorry you had to find out this way.

Nah, but forreal, its a combination of a few things. I tend to memorize minor details in a series if I like it a lot, I generally pay a lot of attention to minor BG characters because you never know when they could be someone important, have reread the comic a whole bunch of times, plus I maintain a blog dedicated to the comic and have a chart to actively keep track of characters in Sinfest, and a whole lot of time on my hands on the daily. Besides, someone has to fill in for Ronald since he mysteriously disappeared... I just like to believe that I'm far more consistently fun to be around.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a magical girl would explain everything.

I really love the reappearance of Nurse and Guitar Guy. So amaze. <3
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering what inspired 'Nique to write this poem; pretty sure there's no way for her to know that her mad rhymes are paralleling the current major story arc.

Also, I support the notion of Ms. M being a magical girl; part of my brain is actually imagining anime-esque scenes where Ronald passes along his SinFest Archive powers on to her before he pulls his disappearing act. I should go to bed before I start writing dialogue.
Echo

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for 'Nique doing poetry. Though yeah, there's something of a problem when it comes to how she knows what's going on.

But anyway, yay for a crowd with recognisable faces in it. Who are totally cool with 'Nique's work and not like this faceless voice.
Ennis

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Ha ha ha ha, yeah. I am in fact a magical girl. Sorry you had to find out this way.

Nah, but forreal, its a combination of a few things. I tend to memorize minor details in a series if I like it a lot, I generally pay a lot of attention to minor BG characters because you never know when they could be someone important, have reread the comic a whole bunch of times, plus I maintain a blog dedicated to the comic and have a chart to actively keep track of characters in Sinfest, and a whole lot of time on my hands on the daily. Besides, someone has to fill in for Ronald since he mysteriously disappeared... I just like to believe that I'm far more consistently fun to be around.

Guitar guy was in one panel like three years ago. Words fail me for how impressed I am that you remembered.
Desmond

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
I'm wondering what inspired 'Nique to write this poem; pretty sure there's no way for her to know that her mad rhymes are paralleling the current major story arc.

It is actually sumarizing the last arc, since the fembot "into reality zone" panel.

So, as much as one could call it poetic license, itīs also a indicative from Tatsuya that all of his characthers are connected in some short of jungian synchronicity (that is, connected by meaning, instead of being connected in time by a causal and logical order) - witch we, of course, can simply understand as "the autorīs way of emphasising a point".

Wich ends up being the way the story flows in the last times. All actions are connected through theyr meanings, influenciating one another, and all the characters through this path.

Tricky question - if Tatsuya has decided that his world is a world of sincronicity, this means he has the Meaning of each and every action of his characters already in mind, when creating his strips.

But wouldnīt it ruin the characters personality to set them to act acordingly to a previously determined meaning, instead of puting them to act acordingly to the wordly and "karmic" consequences of theyr actions ?

This is very interesting to observe in such panels as those where Slick was at gun-point. If the meaning in those panels was a intended meaning, and all other meanings interpreted by us would actually be paradoxal with the storyline and reactions, then the gun-point has to relate in meaning with something else.

Well, the gun-point was a borderline comic, in the sense it would start to give real weight to the storyline and go beyond the weight of normal feminist fighting in the story.

No more light reactions, like the devil loosing money - though stuff happens if Slick is killed by feminist-fighting.

Most likely the same way though stuff happened when the killer fembot was destroyed (in another bordeline comic, must we say). Wich, i would say, is exactly the comic that makes the sincronic link with the memory-erasing comic and this last one.

Toguether, those comics put up a meaning of story flow such as the one a feminist poet could have indeed writen to picture a world (be it like ours or not) where woman are disposabable, weak and have no real power - since real violence (the killer fembot death) and real consequences to this violence (the imprisionament of the fembot afther threating a characther with death) come to woman, but not to men.

In fact, it would also point out a interesting meaning when all the other feminist-fighting is put toguether by theyr meaning - wich is that, once things get really heavy and "real", with Main Charactherīs life at gun-point, Tatsuya will not allow the comic to flow the bloody path - that is, itīs is okay to hit a guy in the head with a baton, as long as he only feels pain.

It is okay to do vandalism (such as destroying the devil fabrics) - as long as it doesnīt turn to terrorism (no one of the maing characterīs is killed, mutilated or worse).

It is okay even to carry out a big gun, and check if it is loaded or not, in the presence of a traumatized slick, afther he whas almost killed. As long as the gun is keept away from his face, and the bullet away from his brain.

In fact, the lilīdevil comic right afther the hole fembot incident is such one where those facts are put togheter - amongst real vandalism, the characters are only allowed to do "flower vandalism".

So, in the end, i guess this is all i think about this strip - is one more showing that, even if there is a "fight the power" appearance to the comic, Tatsuya will not let it degenerate in brute violence and hate/vengeance-motivated murder.

If this come close to happen, he will simply let the bad guys win, taking of the "main characther aura of protection" from those who become real-life weighted violent people.

Just like real life, must i say so. And a role apropriated to the Devil. Iīm happy that, for once, the Devil is shown as being the one in charge of getting the most out of violence. Being it pictured as a man, be it pictured as a woman, itīs the freaking DEVIL ! How the hell is he not in charge of all violence in the world ?

Well... i guess he is. In charge of all wheighted and real violence. Not minor vandalism (wich will end up turning a profit if he is smart and sells te ink to the protesters and the ink-removal to the wall owners).
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Also, I support the notion of Ms. M being a magical girl; part of my brain is actually imagining anime-esque scenes where Ronald passes along his SinFest Archive powers on to her before he pulls his disappearing act. I should go to bed before I start writing dialogue.

AWW SHIT BUT THAT'S REALLY CUTE THO

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(someone told me I've been missed, so I've returned)

Props to Miss Magenta: I would probably not have recognized Beth and would never have recognized Guitar Guy from that panel. They're not shown clearly enough for me. (Plus it looks to me like Guitar Guy kind of changed his hair.)
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BROSEPH!!! MAN!!! YOURE BACK. YOURE BACK MAN. YOURE BACK BRO. HEY BRO. HEY. MY BROS BACK!! MY BRO!! IS BACK. MY BRO... IS BACK!!!! YOU TRIED THE JET SKIS IN CABO?
teehee. i try my best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: