welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-05-31: The Ultimate Aphrodisiac
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OklahomanSun



Joined: 16 Mar 2014
Posts: 359

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: 2014-05-31: The Ultimate Aphrodisiac Reply with quote



More vindication. Even tastier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3429
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you referring to vindication for your point of view? Because if so, this really is not.

Also, what happened to you wanting to let things go because you are on a blissful vacation?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10421
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any who, so that Buttbot is still linked I suppose
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OklahomanSun



Joined: 16 Mar 2014
Posts: 359

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Are you referring to vindication for your point of view? Because if so, this really is not.

Also, what happened to you wanting to let things go because you are on a blissful vacation?


The last two strips have been a gleeful demonstration by Blue of her feelings re: her job.

Also, if Tat is reading our debate on Blue and her job interest, it's also a commentary on that.

So yeah, it really is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OklahomanSun



Joined: 16 Mar 2014
Posts: 359

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am blissfully on vacation though. I'm drunk in my hotel room right now, unable to sleep because I've got a mega headache and my tinnitus is going mad from all the motorcycle noise earlier today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Midnight Tea



Joined: 15 Jul 2012
Posts: 200
Location: In the Haunted Lands

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the power or influence your career can bring you isn't the same as loving your job or being otherwise satisfied with your life in general.

Anyways -- it is interesting that Blue is so trusted that the Devil left her in charge. If she's that core to the main operations of D-corp, it also raises interesting questions as to why he let her go run after Fuchsia without a word. I think there is definitely more to the bigger picture than we're seeing.

And yes, it's nice to see her legit happy about something for the first time in a while.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3429
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this and yesterday's strip says is that Blue likes power. Which is not to say that she likes everything about her life, or her job. So no, it doesn't vindicate your points - not any of the ones you keep bouncing arund with.

It also doesn't say anything about her being able to go get a job elsewhere, which what you brought up before you said you were deciding to just be blissfully on vacation - which doesn't make sense since you're arguing about other things, and continuing to be a butt. Which makes it sound like you just said that because you lost your argument there, and you didn't want to have to flail around any more under surveillance.

Also, there isn't any way to be vindicated if you didn't have a cogent point before. You had some stuff that didn't make sense, even to people who are welcoming to your point of view and who wanted to support you.

I'm waiting to be impressed by your 'snark' and 'sarcasm.'
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
OklahomanSun



Joined: 16 Mar 2014
Posts: 359

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
All this and yesterday's strip says is that Blue likes power. Which is not to say that she likes everything about her life, or her job. So no, it doesn't vindicate your points - not any of the ones you keep bouncing arund with.

It also doesn't say anything about her being able to go get a job elsewhere, which what you brought up before you said you were deciding to just be blissfully on vacation - which doesn't make sense since you're arguing about other things, and continuing to be a butt. Which makes it sound like you just said that because you lost your argument there, and you didn't want to have to flail around any more under surveillance.

Also, there isn't any way to be vindicated if you didn't have a cogent point before. You had some stuff that didn't make sense, even to people who are welcoming to your point of view and who wanted to support you.

I'm waiting to be impressed by your 'snark' and 'sarcasm.'


I never mentioned her getting a job, you may be thinking of someone else.

I'm also done replying to and thereby accepting your premise that I don't make cogent points in my argument. It's a fallacy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3429
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You argued first that there was no reason anyone should like Blue more than Milton.

Then you argued that people should feel bad because Milton can't get another job, while Blue can.

Then you argued that Blue is happy with her job.

There were other arguments inbetween.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
0z79



Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OklahomanSun wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
All this and yesterday's strip says is that Blue likes power. Which is not to say that she likes everything about her life, or her job. So no, it doesn't vindicate your points - not any of the ones you keep bouncing arund with.

It also doesn't say anything about her being able to go get a job elsewhere, which what you brought up before you said you were deciding to just be blissfully on vacation - which doesn't make sense since you're arguing about other things, and continuing to be a butt. Which makes it sound like you just said that because you lost your argument there, and you didn't want to have to flail around any more under surveillance.

Also, there isn't any way to be vindicated if you didn't have a cogent point before. You had some stuff that didn't make sense, even to people who are welcoming to your point of view and who wanted to support you.

I'm waiting to be impressed by your 'snark' and 'sarcasm.'


I never mentioned her getting a job, you may be thinking of someone else.

I'm also done replying to and thereby accepting your premise that I don't make cogent points in my argument. It's a fallacy.


Can I just use this space to say "Relax - It's just a comic. Not a particularly deep one, but a very well done one nonetheless and we should all be grateful that it's free with your internet bill!"?

Oh wait, I just did... I'll say it again. "Relax - It's just a comic. Not a particularly deep one, but a very well done one nonetheless and we should all be grateful that it's free with one's internet bill!"

Is that sort of thing frowned upon, or are we welcome to simply enjoy the comic and not nitpick? Unless, of course, it truly stands out, like some of the Sunday strips or some of the dailies which advance the plot..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Echo



Joined: 18 Jul 2013
Posts: 614

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Blue for being happy for a while! Or at least satisfied. Though she's either going to betray Big D or carry the can if something goes wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vancore



Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought blue was vindicated when the Devil saw she could run things on her own. I guess I agreed with the statement for different reasons. All that hard work paid off and I don't think this is a trick by D-Man to make her look bad. The Boss's job is never an easy one so whether he knew what was going on (Like I think) or actually had a Hasbro meeting to attend to or something weird like that suggestion. She's going to have a nice little crises to handle and actually have a chance to be the Boss instead of filling a seat and acting like a Boss.

I want to see Blue being the BOSS not a boss who has it easy cause everything is efficient and taken care of for her. That's not seeing what your made of, that's you standing around waiting for a paycheck. Although that is nice when it happens but that's not what Bosses are there for or should be their for.

So if D-Man put her in a situation or not, that's what she's there to Handle, her job to win or lose and be the Boss while doing so.

Ok, way more excited about this then I previously thought. Thanks Tat!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enchantedsleeper



Joined: 16 Jun 2013
Posts: 202
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0z79 wrote:
Can I just use this space to say "Relax - It's just a comic. Not a particularly deep one, but a very well done one nonetheless and we should all be grateful that it's free with your internet bill!"?

Oh wait, I just did... I'll say it again. "Relax - It's just a comic. Not a particularly deep one, but a very well done one nonetheless and we should all be grateful that it's free with one's internet bill!"

Is that sort of thing frowned upon, or are we welcome to simply enjoy the comic and not nitpick? Unless, of course, it truly stands out, like some of the Sunday strips or some of the dailies which advance the plot..


It's not frowned upon. You don't have to get drawn into the ridiculous nitpicking/arguing sessions that other people conduct in the forums; you can enjoy the comic however you please. But don't expect other people to necessarily do the same x3 And it's a waste of time trying to persuade them that they're wasting their time. Better just to sit back and watch the train wreck itself.

(Over, and over, and over, and over).

So, we see that Buttbot is still hooked up to the master surveillance feed. That means that if Li'E and Tange catch up to him, Blue will know exactly what they're doing. Although (come to think of it) it's hard to believe that Devilcorp doesn't have regular surveillance cameras pretty much everywhere, which would already have caught what they were up to. I mean, not having a feed trained on the service tunnels for your own corporation's HQ seems like a major blindspot.
_________________
Awesome Comics I Follow


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
OklahomanSun



Joined: 16 Mar 2014
Posts: 359

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:


Then you argued that people should feel bad because Milton can't get another job, while Blue can.




I never said this.

If you can show me where I said this, I'll leave the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OklahomanSun



Joined: 16 Mar 2014
Posts: 359

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Tea wrote:
Loving the power or influence your career can bring you isn't the same as loving your job or being otherwise satisfied with your life in general.

Anyways -- it is interesting that Blue is so trusted that the Devil left her in charge. If she's that core to the main operations of D-corp, it also raises interesting questions as to why he let her go run after Fuchsia without a word. I think there is definitely more to the bigger picture than we're seeing.

And yes, it's nice to see her legit happy about something for the first time in a while.


This is sort of.... no.

It would be very difficult to believe that someone in charge of an evil corporation like this could love the power without loving or liking the actions they have to make in the position.

Also, if Blue is in charge when D is gone, that means she's either the number 2, or close enough. You don't get to be the second big cheese in a company without being complicit in its actions.

Ultimately, you aren't going to be clueless about what your company does, and if your company does evil things, I think you have to accept the actions along with the power. The way you say it, you are intimating that a person can be "yes! I'm in charge! This is awesome! It's too bad that we torture people and send them to hell and submit the entire world into the patriarchy, which I totally despise, but I'm in charge! Yaaay!"

At best, if you're right, it's a person willing to be so dishonest with themselves that they're ignoring the actions the power creates.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group