welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 4: But...science...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: June 4: But...science... Reply with quote

Now, why would she want that done, hm?

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing orders? Fembots attacking people were causing a fair amount of bad press and D-man was getting rather upset about it.
Homeslice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm

Will Milton attempt to obey these orders or not?

I don't think he will.
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooo Pixieee

I'm sure Lil'E and Tange will save her just in the nick of time though.

I wonder if Blue is just repeating Dman's orders, or if she's decided that destroying the rogue bot is the best course of action.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that look at it, I think Milton would have a Bunsen-esque voice. No idea why.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's stone cold, Blue. And more than a little bit idiotic. The proper response would indeed be research but also a mass product recall. I know it's expecting a bit much for D-corp to have some integrity, but sticking your head in the sand is not how you maintain your position at the top of the hill in the tech industry. I can name a half-dozen reasons why this is a bad idea.

Somehow I don't see Milton doing it, either. He was barely able to do it from a distance with a push of a button, let alone up close and personal with his creation looking him straight in the eye.
Istancow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Meddler wrote:
Now that look at it, I think Milton would have a Bunsen-esque voice. No idea why.

Welcome again to Devil Tech, where the future is being made today!

Our latest invention we'd like to demonstrate is the electroshock centipede.
I've brought my faithful lab assistant, Beaker!

Beaker wrote:
meemeep

OklahomanSun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have to input my Beaker and Swedish Chef here.

Chef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE

and my man Beaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3BNRF9ICc
diagram12345

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Blue's kind of a jerk.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my heart and from my hand
Why don't people understand?

Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this comic way more than the last. Milton realizing that a lady boss won't go as easy on him as he might think. Also I think Blue is working on orders from what D-man already gave, considering they had to capture her before Blue took charge. I'm guessing this could be Devil Co. protocol.

In a way I can understand why. She's seemingly dangerous and to avoid another problem and possible D-Corp scandal, destroying her completely would make that chance 0. I can also imagine they don't want to spend their resources into experimenting which Milton seems to suggest.

Of course on the other hand it would be better to see why exactly she changed and how that influenced her system. But they wouldn't be the ruthless evil corporation if they did that.
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO, BLUE!! NOOOOOOO!!!! Shocked
Echo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm with Yinello on this. Blue's re-inforcing existing orders that presumably went out before the Weaponised Fembot was sent after Pxsomethingsomething. And Milton trying to get out of having to do this (or try to do this, Li'l E and Tange have to be somewhere close to a rescue) is coming across as some sort of challenge to Blue's temporary authority, so the more he tries to get out of it, the more she's going to repeat the standing order she's already got.

I'd be interested to see how Blue would react if she actually saw Pxsomethingsomething, and Li'l E and Tange rescuing her. Going by her previous actions, I'm not certain she'd be doing the same thing...
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If something goes wrong, and Absinthe takes the heat for Blue's "failure" when left in charge, her debt to Blue would be paid off.

No sure how the Big D would treat her, but if he sees [Lily] his son's involvement it may make him lenient.
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope nope nope nope. Still a plot hole. Not buying it.

1. Have her destroyed for damage control reasons would only make sense if it was immediately taken care of. The cat is already out of the bag there though -- enough people have personally seen or interacted with her to be able to say "hey, there's a rogue fembot". She's even committed acts of assault in broad daylight. Now I know someone could say "well, the Devil controls all the media! those people would be silenced!" that brings us to point 2.

2. They've already captured her. Their problem has essentially already been solved. They have her where they want her. The only reason they could possibly have for junking her immediately is so the D-corp employees responsible for testing/experimenting/fixing her don't post to their blogs or whatever. To try and close a window so the media doesn't get wind.

See the problem here? If the caveat or workaround of 1 is true, then the resulting plot hole of 2 is still glaring and vice versa. Either the devil has such total control over the media or they don't. Either they have the luxury of being able to explore their product without worry, or the damage is very much already done and the best course is to learn as much as possible from it. There's no course where junking her and calling it a day is a sound idea.

And I as I said -- this is not how a technology company operates if it has any hope of competing in the information age, even if they're seemingly dominating the market at the time. Burying your head in the sand about your product's flaws will come back to bite you. It will tear huge holes in your power base and allow sleeker competitors to gain ground on you. If you want a real world example of this sort of thing and the powerful idiots who thought damage control alone it would make it go away:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: