welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Rothide wrote:
I mean I have no clue if it actually caused it, but Web Comics Review commented on how Tats sight design was kinda crappy, and low and behold site style update a little bit after.

Excuse you, it was clearly my prophetic dream that caused the site design upgrade.

Also why did you randomly capitalise "Ideas" and "Misandry".
I purposely leave off the question mark because if I were asking this in reality, I would not raise the pitch at the end.

On a more flippant note (not that I was taking any of this terribly seriously to begin with) regardless of what happens I want Tange to eat the popcorn that fell on the floor. I don't know why. I just think it would be funny.

You do know you can ask a question without raising the pitch right? Its called 'deadpan'.

As for capitalization, its a random quirk of mine, I dunno why I do it.

And yes I agree, could have just been Tat deciding it was time for a site update, not ruling that out. Unless you did have a dream than WOW... that's kinda creepy.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

You do know you can ask a question without raising the pitch right? Its called 'deadpan'.

Yes... that was the point of not having a question mark and having a full stop instead, since people tend to read a question mark as a rising intonation. My small text basically just described me saying it in a deadpan way without actually using the word "deadpan".

Rothide wrote:

And yes I agree, could have just been Tat deciding it was time for a site update, not ruling that out. Unless you did have a dream than WOW... that's kinda creepy.

I did, I wrote about it in the casual chat forum haha. Then a few days later bam, the site changed.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Rothide wrote:

Yes... that was the point of not having a question mark and having a full stop instead, since people tend to read a question mark as a rising intonation. My small text basically just described me saying it in a deadpan way without actually using the word "deadpan".

Rothide wrote:

I did, I wrote about it in the casual chat forum haha. Then a few days later bam, the site changed.

I actually never seen it used like that, the period instead of a question mark to tell you the truth, I'll take your word on that. And wow thats creepy, got any dreams about Megaman Legends 3 being uncancelled?
Ennis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, my dream also involved a year's worth of strips being uploaded in one day and me meeting Tat, obviously neither of those happened.

I've never even heard of that game so no, sorry Razz
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10 Reply with quote

Homeslice wrote:
Tangential Guessing!: Lil'e is able to access the systems because he is D-Man's son.

It didn't register his specific presence ("emergency override" or some such thing), though. I think it's a rare case of technology being too user-friendly. Which, in turn, implies that devil factory workers are, in general, not very bright. Which I have no trouble believing. Wink

Sure, Milton himself is smart on a technological level (and totally clueless in others), but, well, if he's not the only actual scientist in the building, I'm not remembering when we've seen any others.

I'm wondering if The Devil, Milton, or anyone else realize that the Fembot isn't defective per se, she was altered by being in The Reality Zone, in which case, yes, on a strictly practical level, it would be a very good idea to keep her intact for future study so The Devil can make sure no other Fembot can be altered in the same way. Then again, maybe that's exactly why The Devil wants her destroyed, so that no one else can find out that, except for a few square yards of ground and a tree, their entire universe isn't real. Even The Devil himself isn't real. Even God, as manifested by a pair of giant hands and some puppets, isn't real. The only one who's real is this guy who lives in a house with Percival and Pooch -- this one guy whose door you can walk up to and knock on is responsible for every bit of pain, trouble, and inconvenience that plagues our various characters (uh, Tat, the Sisterhood en masse would like a word with you about the whole patriarchy injustice thing) -- and since he can be taken by surprise (as when Theo first showed up at his door, or when Blue came calling about his contract with The Devil), then on some level, even he isn't real...well, I knew that place was gonna be trouble...
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Dude, he's in the room with the robot that was going to shoot him 2 or 3 sunday's ago, he's not fired, HE'S FUCKING DEAD.

Well, not unless Tat decides that he is. This is a comic strip. Logical progression of events is strictly optional.

Rothide wrote:
Which to some people will probably be ok because "Milton has killed before", which I find interesting. Yes he did kill, he killed an assassin robot that wasn't following controls, an the only other robot he knew about that did the same thing started to attack people.

I wonder whats worse, killing something you THINK is going to kill hundreds of people, or letting that exist and taking that chance.

Well, uh, technically, anybody can potentially kill hundreds of people -- every mass murderer in history was once a harmless little baby and, tragically, at least a few of the world's current batch of harmless little babies will probably grow up to be mass murderers -- so from that perspective...
Echo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does no-one else think that Pxsomethingsomething might think Milton is behind her repair? After all, if she wakes up with him standing over the controls and no sign of Li'l E or Tange immediately, then, well, who is she going to credit with repairing/recharging her?

Also it's a convenient justification for her *not* killing Milton on the way out, even if she doesn't forgive him for the death of her weaponised sister.

Also also, I love that Tange can produce a handkerchief on demand.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Dude, he's in the room with the robot that was going to shoot him 2 or 3 sunday's ago, he's not fired, HE'S FUCKING DEAD.

Well, not unless Tat decides that he is. This is a comic strip. Logical progression of events is strictly optional.

Rothide wrote:
Which to some people will probably be ok because "Milton has killed before", which I find interesting. Yes he did kill, he killed an assassin robot that wasn't following controls, an the only other robot he knew about that did the same thing started to attack people.

I wonder whats worse, killing something you THINK is going to kill hundreds of people, or letting that exist and taking that chance.

Well, uh, technically, anybody can potentially kill hundreds of people -- every mass murderer in history was once a harmless little baby and, tragically, at least a few of the world's current batch of harmless little babies will probably grow up to be mass murderers -- so from that perspective...

It's more like Milton has seen what happens when a robot gets "freedom" fembot showed that she was violent towards fembot owners (for just reasons of course) however if 'freedom' turns them 'violent' you just don't let it happen, especially when dealing with something that has weapons, there was no way to control her, nor force her back to base, he did the best thing he could at the time, and that was blow her up.

You don't give the guy with a history of violent outbursts a gun basically. There was a history of robots turning violent, and Milton wanted to make sure there was no bloodshed, so he blew up a robot that was malfunctioning, that's what it looked like to him at least.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
Does no-one else think that Pxsomethingsomething might think Milton is behind her repair? After all, if she wakes up with him standing over the controls and no sign of Li'l E or Tange immediately, then, well, who is she going to credit with repairing/recharging her?

Also it's a convenient justification for her *not* killing Milton on the way out, even if she doesn't forgive him for the death of her weaponised sister.

Also also, I love that Tange can produce a handkerchief on demand.

Not really, actually, he was the guy who created the things that damaged her anyway, she may just see it as she woke up, wasn't damaged that badly, and now can finish the job.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

You don't give the guy with a history of violent outbursts a gun basically.

You dont live in the U.S. do you rothide.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In panel 11 the process start, and we can see the progress bar in all following panels.

In panel 17 he can still hit cancel, but he don't: the "cancel" isn't highlighted like the "perform all" before, and the progress bar goes up to 100% afterward.

Of course it can be indecisiveness, but it can be anything else really. Milton is known for having afterthoughts (not always for the good reasons), so he might have seen an opportunity there.
It can also be that I want to see every baddies redeem themselves, but the "no cancel" point still stand I guess.

Also, in the series of small details, the handkerchief of relief on Tange is pretty nice.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the last panel: OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

Getting out of there is the main priority now. I hope Lil E and Tange can help Px. Despite what she might think of Milton right there, she's in hostile territory.

Milton will no doubt call security but I can't help wonder if Milton is the only scientist/engineer there. Or perhaps the only Engineer he thinks is loyal.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Rothide wrote:

You don't give the guy with a history of violent outbursts a gun basically.

You dont live in the U.S. do you rothide.

Wow, that's the best you can come up with, yes there are deranged people able to get guns in america, what I'm saying is if you see someone acting derange and threatening people, I don't think anyone would walk up and give him a gun.

Milton here however did the best background check he could. Assassin Bot is 'freed' and not following controls, the only other fembot this happened to attacked people that owned fembots (or at least enough reports of attacks that it got back to Big D). Assassin bot has missiles and katanas and guns, not just sharp fingers like fembot. best course of action is terminating it before it became a problem.
OklahomanSun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy fuck, people, it's amazing the things you have missed here, considering how deep into the irrelevancies you'll go when trying to create things out of mist for characters like Blue.

Ok, first off, Rothide, you're just a troll. You can leave now. I'll argue here now, I'm smarter than you and I've got legitimate ideas. You're clearly just pushing an agenda which forces you to argue positions you can't really support. It's bad and you're a bad.

Ok, on to the things you guys missed that were right in front of your eyes.

1: What's the exact meaning of Restore Memory in the operations being performed on Px?

We don't know this yet. I can't believe no one has mentioned this, but there's a potential here that she was returned to a pre-reality zone state. It's not something I'd bet on, but it's a potential outcome, especially considering I wasn't aware that her memory had been damaged in the attack.

2: What if she knows the system recharged her and repaired her, and sees Milton as the saviour?

This is a pretty common trope, potentially the "misidentified bad guy as saviour which causes bad guy to try to live up to the new appreciation of him." Lil' E and Tange saved her and then left, so that last series of panels is just her waking up, presumably feeling better, if Px is capable of feeling that she's been recharged and repaired, and the person standing in front of the computer screen which presumably directed the actions which healed her, is Milton.
Geareye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OklahomanSun wrote:

1: What's the exact meaning of Restore Memory in the operations being performed on Px?

We don't know this yet. I can't believe no one has mentioned this, but there's a potential here that she was returned to a pre-reality zone state. It's not something I'd bet on, but it's a potential outcome, especially considering I wasn't aware that her memory had been damaged in the attack.

Do you seriously think Tat is going to undo her character development?

OklahomanSun wrote:

2: What if she knows the system recharged her and repaired her, and sees Milton as the saviour?

This is a pretty common trope, potentially the "misidentified bad guy as saviour which causes bad guy to try to live up to the new appreciation of him."

Eh, no. This has been mentioned by other people in the forum too, but I disagree. In the strip where we were shown her memory playback, she took the bullets out of the shotgun when she saw Slick, but she was aiming at Milton before that. She aimed at Milton to kill him. Being thankful to him, even if she thought he repaired her seems waaaay too big of a jump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: