welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014/Jun/06 - Devil Tech 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night Spade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: 2014/Jun/06 - Devil Tech 8 Reply with quote

Milton, you have no chance dude.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we point to a time where he had one?

Doesn't count!

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
khan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Maybe if we got (her) drunk! ...VERY drunk. It's worth a shot?"
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue expressing my sentiment here perfectly.

Milton pls
Hekateras

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful lampshade of how utterly men like him sometimes fail to even have a shred of empathy for what the woman is *actually* feeling.
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Blue on this one. Fucking creep.
khan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats actually pretty innocent, and milton is kinda trying to empathsize a bit. Hes wrong, but he didnt say 'oh shes hurtin!!', or something similarly douchey. Nothing creepy about wondering if someone is a bit interested, but he sure can DO something creepy about his idea. And knowing Milton, she probably doesnt need to worry. He IS a creep for his other behaviours (including saph stuff), but this is pretty neutral.

In contrast, being pissed off that someone is attracted to you, and possibly a bit overly hopeful shows an incredible lack of empathy. Not exactly surprising, since we know blue enjoys torturing helpless souls. You know, literally. Ffs, she barely had any empathy for fuschia, the only person that truly liked her, and probably the only one she ever cared about. She made the right choice eventually, but had to be badgered into it.

I dont think either of these devilpeople are decent mind you, but blue is much more hands on active evil, vs Milton's ignorant empowering of a bad system.
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Wondered how long it would take>

No, he's a fucking creep for trying to approach a work relationship as a romantic one in a situation where his victim can't avoid him. And for then manufacturing some "vibes" bullshit that reinforces the idea that he should continue this.

Blue's right to be treated just like any other professional and allowed to get on with her job trumps Milton's desire to try and chat up anyone he can.
Geareye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:

No, he's a fucking creep for trying to approach a work relationship as a romantic one in a situation where his victim can't avoid him.

I don't think there's something wrong with trying to build a romantic relationship out of a work related one, assuming you don't harass and pester the other person after they declined you. And nothing Milton has done to Blue so far has any signs of this and for crying out loud he has done nothing to victimise her. Yet.

That being said, I agree with Blue calling him a creep though. We have seen Milton being a creep to other people so far, he even stopped this conversation to comment he finds her hot -although it seems he turns and mumbles to himself and he's far away, talking over monitor, I find it reasonable to assume she didn't hear him- and given that Blue is Devilcorp's number 2 she is probably familiar with him and his tendencies in general. Can't blame her, he's a creep and she knows it.
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khan wrote:
Thats actually pretty innocent, and milton is kinda trying to empathsize a bit.

No, empathy really has nothing to do with this at all. As Echo said, Milton is reading some false "spark" into a purely professional conversation. That's not empathising, that's fantasising. Blue is exasperated with an employee who refuses to follow orders, and who on top of this can barely concentrate on the exchange she's trying to conduct for more than five minutes because "oh my gawd female boss how sexy I think she likes me". She has a right to be disgusted and irritated by that.

I also completely disagree re: your perception of Blue's lack of empathy for Fuschia. We've seen all kinds of evidence as to how much Blue cares for Fuschia, that she not only empathises but sympathises with her. But we've also seen that working in the mansion was Blue's dream, and she was completely over the moon when she and Fuschia finally made it to the big-time. And now she's risen up the ranks to the point where D-man gives her command of the mansion in his place. That's not something that she can turn away from so easily, even as much as she misses and worries for her best friend. Just because Blue has different priorities to Fuschia doesn't make her incapable of empathy.

Felgraf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khan wrote:
Thats actually pretty innocent, and milton is kinda trying to empathsize a bit. Hes wrong, but he didnt say 'oh shes hurtin!!', or something similarly douchey. Nothing creepy about wondering if someone is a bit interested, but he sure can DO something creepy about his idea. And knowing Milton, she probably doesnt need to worry. He IS a creep for his other behaviours (including saph stuff), but this is pretty neutral.

In contrast, being pissed off that someone is attracted to you, and possibly a bit overly hopeful shows an incredible lack of empathy. Not exactly surprising, since we know blue enjoys torturing helpless souls. You know, literally. Ffs, she barely had any empathy for fuschia, the only person that truly liked her, and probably the only one she ever cared about. She made the right choice eventually, but had to be badgered into it.

I dont think either of these devilpeople are decent mind you, but blue is much more hands on active evil, vs Milton's ignorant empowering of a bad system.

It's not necessarily so innocent-keep in mind a LOT of his interactions with women have been this way (See his interactions with other objects of his affction.)

He is reaallly clearly broadcasting at this point as the kind of guy that-tends to regard any female interaction as "That girl is in love with me". Any friendliness="She likes me!"

Having known someone like this, and having had *many* friends have to get restraining orders against such a person...
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
khan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

em·pa·thy

ˈempəTHē/

noun

the ability to understand and share the feelings of another

If you want to take a very strict interpretation of this, Blue has empathy in the same sense a sociopath and sadist has it, which is definately worse than not having it period. Some definitions throw in compassion, as part of actually understanding emotion, and Milton is closer to that, even if he is failing at it.

Imho, Milton is trying, he's just projecting so hard that hes completely failed to understand. Faulty empathy is better than predatory forms of it, and closer to truly understanding others feelings. Saying Blue cares about fuschia isnt really accurate either, its pretty revisionist imo. Blue likes fuschia in the most selfish way possible, and she made significant efforts to keep her around until she finally understood the only way to keep fuschia around was as a prisoner. Hence being really pissed off ehen fuschia left a lifestyle that was making her miserable. Blue is worse than the devil in these comics, no coincidence shes his number 2.

But you know what? The creepy bastard is almost right! Blue has strong feelings, those feelings just happen to be substantial dislike.

Edit: Ookay, so because Milton is unattractive, that makes him a bad person! Cuz thats your logic followed to the end. He has NOT ACTED inappropriately. Yet. When he does, then its different. I have yet to meet anyone like milton, just seen them portrayed in media. Pretty sure they exist, I just happen to be an nonsocial type. But anyways, you cant get a restraining order because someone else likes you but accepts rejection. Its really fucking simple, until youre rejected/told off you arent in much danger of being an actually bad person. Cross that line, and you've got problems.

Last edited by khan on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper, you forgot this one
khan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
enchantedsleeper, you forgot this one

ffs, really?!? Shes intertupted while attempting cold blooded murder of Fuschias best friend/lover, and your saying she CARES about her!?

thats fucked.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no - she considered it, then stopped - note that in panel 12, the pitchfork is _down_, before storytime hits her. and look at her expression in panel 11 - are you really reading that as someone determined on cold-blooded murder? but if you do - how do you interpret the fact that she could have killed them after she chased storytime away? instead, she radioed in that she hadn't found fuchsia.

seriously - you have never noticed that you can get so much angrier at someone you love than at someone you don't care anything about? and that losing someone they love can make people cold, even emotionless (at least on the surface)?

if you want to hate her, hate her - but don't pretend it's because she doesn't care about fyoosh. she's demonstrated over and over again that she does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: