welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 10, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estranged why don't you go entertain Rothide or something.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estranged wrote:
"Use and throw away". Last time I checked, men rarely initiate divorce. Same goes even for relationships.

Average men feel responsible and don't want to hurt a woman that wants a relationship with them. "She was so generous to give me sex, how can I hurt her now and simply go away. I'd be a monster if I do that". Men who have no sexual confidence are even worse - they are capable of accepting all kinds of abusive shit from their girlfriend or wife, because they're afraid of losing her. If someone discards their partners easily, that's women, because they can afford it, especially when they're young.

And killing. Yes, that's exactly what we do as a society with women (and men) who prefer to be single.

Oh my GOD!

What sad sack, back patting, male self affirming MRA site did you pull that line from? Word for word I've heard that exact thing said as justification on why men should be allowed to cheat without remorse because Women don't value their relationships, why Husbands should be allowed to bring back the 'Rule of Thumb' and beat their wives until they understand that they should be grateful to be in a relationship with a fantastic man that realizes women are worthless and that men are benevolent enough to look past their flaws to invite them to share their lives.

Please, never post your drivel here again, you being pathetic with women and in your life is of no interest to anyone here and you'll recieve no sympathy, get lost.
Ennis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Estranged, you joined too long ago to be eligible for "worst newbie of 2014". However, if you pick up your game you might be able to overtake Rothide and baronskippy to win the coveted "Eyeroller of the Month". If it's determined to be too difficult to pick a clear winner, there will be a jousting contest to decide the recipient. Good luck!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still in the habit of submitting his forum posts to that one shittyblog.

it'll probably get like
two likes
if that

so far it has zero and by now it's probably already off of the dashboards of everyone who actually follows that thing

because even there no one cares
Geareye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how PX would realise if she found out that almost all other fembots are not like her.....if Milton isn't choked quickly, she might. Could be interesting.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaah I want to draw more Px fanart now. If it wasn't for webcomics I'd never use the color pink, AND YET, the last three webcomic characters I've drawn have all been pink. Huh.
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after all that singularity stuff I feel like shooting some fish in a barrel.

Estranged wrote:
"Use and throw away". Last time I checked, men rarely initiate divorce. Same goes even for relationships.

Data naked of context (or substituted with a misleading context in the case of quote mining) is a dishonest way of making an argument. Even if your numbers were correct -- and I've only ever seen it from MRA sources, rather than a sociological journal or a published paper -- There's also no way you can make blanket statement about what the numbers actually mean in any sort of statistically meaningful way without necessarily subtracting the human element.

Of course, you wouldn't do that would you? People already are jumping to the conclusion that MRAs are sociopaths in training as it is.

Quote:
Average men feel responsible and don't want to hurt a woman that wants a relationship with them. "She was so generous to give me sex, how can I hurt her now and simply go away. I'd be a monster if I do that".

You do know that making blanket statements about the behavioral or mental properties of people of either gender is necessarily sexist? Even if it's positive? Even if it's your own gender?

The situation you're talking about comes from a lack of communication. I can actually empathize with people in that situation. But the solution is both parties developing more communication and more empathy. And no, "more empathy" doesn't translate to more sex or more kindness. You could be perfectly generous and offer more mercenary kindness or mercenary sex, but without communication and empathy it'd just result in a nastier burnout. And you continuing to not be a genuine person.

What I mean by empathy is being able to fully imagine what your life would be like if you woke up one day and found yourself in her body and living her life. That is, what you'd do after playing with her boobs in the mirror (let's not lie about priorities here!). Or maybe even being able to imagine what you'd have been like if you were born and raised a girl.
Hopefully at the end of the exercise you'd come to the conclusion she's a human being just the same as you. That's important because human beings are incredibly flawed creatures regardless of the bits between their legs. Human beings don't always communicate well with each other and they can often be abusive. Men are abusive to men and women, women are abusive to men and women.

And you know what? I'll even throw you a bone. It does in fact suck when society automatically blames the man by default after everything breaks down. That's actually a patriarchal undertone at work -- the assumption that men are the only X factor in anything of consequence. That means men on average tend to get both all the credit and all the blame regardless of their role in a project or relationship.

Quote:
Men who have no sexual confidence are even worse - they are capable of accepting all kinds of abusive shit from their girlfriend or wife, because they're afraid of losing her. If someone discards their partners easily, that's women, because they can afford it, especially when they're young.

You know, you'd almost have a point if you didn't load this with gender. Observe this alteration. I replaced "sexual" with "personal" because the former stems from the latter and neutralized the genders (while also ignoring the blatant dehumanizing misogyny in the second part that undermines the potential of the first). Behold:

"People who have no personal confidence are even worse -- they are capable of accepting all kinds of abusive shit from their SOs or spouses because they're afraid of losing them"

Congratulations, you just described Sam and Liberty in this comic. And again, it sucks. It doesn't even matter who in the relationship owns any combination of penii or vaginae since this sad situation applies to homosexual relationships as readily as hetero. Or with intersexed people. I suspect the real complications are coming from what's inside people's skulls rather than whats inside their pants.

Quote:
And killing. Yes, that's exactly what we do as a society with women (and men) who prefer to be single.

I haven't heard of any particular hate crimes against people who don't want or aren't ready for a relationship? Aside from that piece of shit in the news recently who went on a killing spree with a metal rifle because no women wanted to ride his meat rifle.

A lot of societies are indeed weighted towards relationships and you get judged by your status in that way far too often. Perhaps you mean in a sense it's killing in that it's driving people to suicide. You know what? I'm an agreeable person. I'm going to concede that it could very well be a possibility, since statistically single people die younger. Society shouldn't be as weighted around formal relationships as they are, in my opinion.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, the ol' interpret-rhetorical-sarcasm-literally trick

one of my favorites
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Midnight, Estranged is just someone who comes in, warbles about the unfairness of men's lives because women don't just drop in his lap when he's angsting behind his keyboard and then randomly shuffles off like the other weirdos. The stuff he posts makes Salvador Dali want to paint something in his grave.
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, Yinello. Very Happy

I pretty much was treating him as an appetizer between the real trolls. Like those bread sticks some restaurants give you before the first course.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If men's lives are unfair, do I get double unfair points for being gay and in a relationship? Because that's double the man-ness, so double the sorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do fucking love those bread sticks though.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you order bread sticks at Pizza Hut, don't be fooled. They are literally just pizza dough that has been cut in strips.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is estranged the one that admitted he has no intentions of even trying to be a better person because it's hard or some shit? Because I'm -still not over that-.

but wow i get these guys mixed up a lot, that coulda been someone else. don't think it was though, it's not often people admit they are gunna continue being shitty because it's easier.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
admitted he has no intentions of even trying to be a better person because it's hard or some shit? Because I'm -still not over that-.

Yeah, people really flinch away from things that are hard.
Just the other day I met someone who argued that thinking wasn't worth the effort because fight-or-flight type instincts were "good enough", even when I provided concrete real-world examples of times when doing a bit of math results in more people surviving and not doing math results in people dying.

but no, none of that's any good outside of "the lab"
too much effort

You'd think that when lives are on the line people would buckle down and do what needed to be done, but no, they still only do what's comfortable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: