welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 11, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 13
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adyon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: June 11, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 13 Reply with quote

Whoa...Milton...Open mouth, insert foot. You want a shovel? You'd probably dig that hole a bit slower.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who needs a shovel when youve got an excavator?

Totally unnecessary discourse mind you, just insight into Miltons world view.
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milton, if you think being a Fembot is that great why haven't you already made yourself into one? You could probably do it with your tech know-how and you'd definitely solve your problem of being lonely in one fell swoop.
Night Spade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Milton Engineer, if only your family name was Baker instead, maybe, just maybe your life would be a lot better.
OklahomanSun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest takeaway from this arc is that Tat is painful when it comes to dialogue.
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Tea wrote:
Milton, if you think being a Fembot is that great why haven't you already made yourself into one? You could probably do it with your tech know-how and you'd definitely solve your problem of being lonely in one fell swoop.

...a mindless fem-bot wasn't his original state... It's the spineless sack of shit that it always has been and, from where i'm seeing, will be.
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the Sisterhood didn't have anything to do with her becoming this way...

I actually see this as a kind of metaphor for when people have a feminist awakening, and other people are like "man, why are you so uptight now, why can't you go back to the fun person you were before? You seemed happier then."
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that Milton completely buys into Devilcorp's smear campaign against the Sisterhood, regardless of the truth. Even if he doesn't, all of Devilcorp certainly blames them for anything that goes wrong and I don't see why Devil Tech specifically would be exempt from such anti-Sisterhood bias.

And even though they never even attempted to sway her specifically towards their point of view, and its certainly true that they never brainwashed her, Clio did hack into the main-frame of the fembot factory's programming just to show them a quick history lesson. As far as the men in power are concerned, that is pretty much the same as brainwashing. And Rogue did download the memories of those fembots, including the history lesson. And Milton should have been able to see it while watching the playback of her recorded memories, so as far as he's concerned he can blame everything wrong with her on the Sisterhood.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why Milton isn't asking what she wants (aside from his death) instead of telling her what she'd want. If he can give her something else to focus on, he might live on.
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I don't get why Milton isn't asking what she wants (aside from his death) instead of telling her what she'd want. If he can give her something else to focus on, he might live on.

Because Milton is kind of stupid.
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
...a mindless fem-bot wasn't his original state... It's the spineless sack of shit that it always has been and, from where i'm seeing, will be.

You speak as if I'm not suggesting an improvement~ Twisted Evil
Echo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so Milton is trying to tell her what she wants, how he can fix things by changing her. Been there before.

I'm interested by the idea that Milton's assumption is brainwashing, whereas it was reality that not only freed Pxsomethingsomething but made her angry at the treatment of her and her kind. And that There Is No Going Back. I can't help feeling that that's at least partly Tat expressing his own views...
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
OK, so Milton is trying to tell her what she wants, how he can fix things by changing her. Been there before.

I'm interested by the idea that Milton's assumption is brainwashing, whereas it was reality that not only freed Pxsomethingsomething but made her angry at the treatment of her and her kind. And that There Is No Going Back. I can't help feeling that that's at least partly Tat expressing his own views...

Actually, now that you mention it, there is a parallel to the people who come to this forum begging for the comic to go back to the silly, pandering manic stuff from the earlier Sinfest comics.

Of course, those people tend to ignore two major factors:

1. People grow and change and so their interests and outlooks. I actually look up to Mr. Ishida quite a bit for being willing to put his balls to the flame. Writing a permanent work with an impermanent outlook of the world is a damn hard thing to balance.

2. The original Sinfest was really grossly edge for its time. It came fromduring era where criticizing or analyzing religion openly in public forums was considered taboo. It would result in flame wars and flagrant, proud displays of ignorance and immaturity. It's not quite that bad anymore, thank Bood, but it's actually nice that instead of resting in its laurels Sinfest has chosen to move to a newer battleground.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Tea wrote:
2. The original Sinfest was really grossly edge for its time. It came fromduring era where criticizing or analyzing religion openly in public forums was considered taboo. It would result in flame wars and flagrant, proud displays of ignorance and immaturity. It's not quite that bad anymore, thank Bood, but it's actually nice that instead of resting in its laurels Sinfest has chosen to move to a newer battleground.

Wait what? The first strip dates to 2000 - Newsgroups (talk.religion and the more inflammatory alt.religion, as well as all different manner of BBS boards) had been discussing and debating and criticizing religion for more than a decade and a half by that point. Analyzing or criticizing religion was far from 'taboo', it was mundane, everyday shit on the internet by the time Sinfest showed up.

Sinfest was never really 'edge', even in it's early years. Satiric, yes; Edgy, no.
Rothide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:

because milton has been in this situation before, and it was the sisterhood reprogramming the fembots with the shit that people did to women in the past that caused him to nearly get sliced before.

He knows that she also was given that same coding when she visited the robot pile and downloaded their memory, before all that happened she was less violent and more inquisitive.

Milton's belief in brainwashing is a very plausible idea, to him at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: