welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 12, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno - it kind of reminds me of the scene in Men in Black I, when K is using their spy satellite system to watch the woman he gave up when he joined MIB. sort of a "wonder what she is doing now" thing. i think it's natural for people to wonder about loves they have lost, and check up on them, if they can. we just happen to be talking about characters who can "check up on" people in ways out of the reach of most other people. it may be a bit creepy, but who has not done such a thing?

and fyoosh is out in the open air, it's not like blue had to hack into her web-cam or something to see her. people are going to be able to see you and what you are doing when you are out in the open, with or without your consent.
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I like the parallel. She's basically saying "But Blue, you weren't always a devil girl."

I doubt she'll Heel Face Turn as quick as Fyoosh did, but the thought might fester.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalmBlueSea wrote:
Ha, I like the parallel. She's basically saying "But Blue, you weren't always a devil girl."

"No, you used to be in a dead-end job where you were harassed and demeaned by men..."
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
and fyoosh is out in the open air, it's not like blue had to hack into her web-cam or something to see her. people are going to be able to see you and what you are doing when you are out in the open, with or without your consent.

Actually, that makes me wonder - what camera is Blue viewing this with? It's probably one of the spy-drones, right? If so, then I doubt Fuschia doesn't know it's there, and it makes me think that she has an idea she's being watched and the "caption" is for someone else's benefit. Except I guess she has no way of knowing that D-man has gone away and left Blue in charge...

In fact, that leads me onto another thought. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but seriously - if Fuschia can be so easily found and spied upon, there is no way that D-man doesn't know where she is. So why hasn't he tried to bring her back in, or make Blue bring her back in again? We definitely haven't had an explanation for that, right?

Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
In fact, that leads me onto another thought. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but seriously - if Fuschia can be so easily found and spied upon, there is no way that D-man doesn't know where she is. So why hasn't he tried to bring her back in, or make Blue bring her back in again? We definitely haven't had an explanation for that, right?

D-man is either grossly incompetent or... perhaps there's more to him than we ever thought.
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So why hasn't he tried to bring her back in, or make Blue bring her back in again?

Well, Blue said she was going to bring Fyoosh back... why Big D hasn't reacted to her obvious failure is unknown. Though he was pissed off about it.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they don't want to invest more in her and considering she's just painting, she's not a threat.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
Quote:
So why hasn't he tried to bring her back in, or make Blue bring her back in again?

Well, Blue said she was going to bring Fyoosh back... why Big D hasn't reacted to her obvious failure is unknown. Though he was pissed off about it.

that last strip sounds like he is pissed at fyoosh ("some reliable henchmen who won't run out on me"), not at blue for her failure.

but maybe that reaction is why he doesn't care about blue's failure - do you _really_ want an unreliable henchman back? especially one that has been problematic in the past. she's probably not going to be dependable in the future, so he can't use her, only reason to get her back is to punish her and/or provide an example of what happens when you screw up to the others. but fyoosh didn't even entice blue (her closest friend) to leave...so maybe big d figures she's not a danger to his operation - and going hard on her might alienate blue.
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by this, I don't really think he's that bothered about yelling at/threatening either Fyoosh or Blue.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

threatening is one thing. carrying out the threat is another.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I'm torn between appreciating this and being annoyed we've cut away from Pixie.

For ridiculous reasons I won't bore any of you with, it's been a long and frustrating process to get signed onto these boards -- and the primary impetus was this strip.

There's something missing in this discussion.

It's not just what Blue is looking at. It's what she's not looking at.

It's not that we are cut away from PX-something-something. It's that she has taken her eyes off of Devil Tech surveillance.

She's distracted. And that's going to cost her once the D-man returns and demands to know what happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: