welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 26: Anybody!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: June 26: Anybody! Reply with quote

anybody huh.... good luck with that...
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It be stabby tiem nao?
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think they're leaving.

Cue, uh, I dunno, The March of the Brooms from Fantasia?
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real mystery is why something that looks like a string bikini from the front looks like booty shorts from the back.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch. Magical changing underwear?
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they all escape at once, Nana's going to have to go in to some whole new level of overdrive to knit them all decent clothing.

Anyway, I very much hope that they're all on their way out rather than towards Milton for the purpose of retribution in the form of disasssembly.

Also - have they all had the previous weaponised fembot's mind-state copied in to them? Or have they just had enough information shared with them to set them free? I'd quite like to see them all just walk out of Deviltech, and then develop different personalities and interests over time...
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for sure a red herring; it might look like a platoon of Weapons F is going to play Pin The Combat Knife On The Engineer, but I doubt it. Most likely they'll march past Milton on their way out, giving him another scare of a lifetime.

As for Tess, I'll concur with others: She's probably the getaway vehicle driver - assuming she finds a suitable vehicle.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how the First Cylon War started.

OH FUCK, THE SISTERHOOD WERE CYLONS THE WHOLE TIME.
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
I'd quite like to see them all just walk out of Deviltech, and then develop different personalities and interests over time...

Because the strip totally has world enough and time to devote to twelve new characters. Neutral

Then again, maybe each one will start following a different character around and we can find out more about that character via his/her interaction with each bot.

Slick D. Sexington
Monique N. Hotpantz
Criminy (and Fuchsia)
Squigley Fatwater
Li'l Evil (and Tange)
Seymour
Minique
Theo
Francis Sebastian
Beth
Story Time Zombie
Lady Liberty

OSLT

Yeah, that could work.

Or maybe they'll all just report to Torture Guy for jobs, not yet realizing that in the Sinfestiverse you don't really need a job, you get a house and living expenses out of nowhere. Wink
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torture Guy and I would probably be best bros. We'd hurt one-another so good... I bet the few hairs he hasn't shaved off stand on end all cute-like when I send charges to the clamps on his nipples.

If any of the combat-model fembots were programmed to be dommy (they were made by Milton, so maybe) then they'd probably be into that.
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Sisterhood have set the weaponised fembots free, then whatever they're "in to" is going to be driven by choice, not Milton's/whoever's programming. That's kind of the whole point of being free and not having to follow instructions/rules/programming laid down by what some guy wants out of you.

They could alternatively be driven by the exploded weaponised fembot's last wish for revenge, but that doesn't really fit well with what the Sisterhood normally do.

Also, I think there's space for a dozen freed weaponised fembots in Sinfest - not to follow their development as individuals as some sort of main plot, or as companions for anyone, just to have them pop up in the background every once in a while to make the point that they're safe and happy and growing as people now they're free from controlling behaviour.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ronald"]
Echo wrote:
I'd quite like to see them all just walk out of Deviltech, and then develop different personalities and interests over time...

Unless he gets rid of all the other characters, and then it's just Assassin Bots Against The World!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
If the Sisterhood have set the weaponised fembots free, then whatever they're "in to" is going to be driven by choice, not Milton's/whoever's programming. That's kind of the whole point of being free and not having to follow instructions/rules/programming laid down by what some guy wants out of you.

They could alternatively be driven by the exploded weaponised fembot's last wish for revenge, but that doesn't really fit well with what the Sisterhood normally do.

Also, I think there's space for a dozen freed weaponised fembots in Sinfest - not to follow their development as individuals as some sort of main plot, or as companions for anyone, just to have them pop up in the background every once in a while to make the point that they're safe and happy and growing as people now they're free from controlling behaviour.

Unless their minds were ripped from real women and re-coded, as I had previously proposed might be possible, then they wouldn't have default desires or personalities beyond what they were programmed with. That is presumably why when Clio decided that uploading a bunch of Fembots with nothing but a torturous line of images of all of the horrible things men have ever done to women throughout history (and completely out of context) would cause them to immediately try to murder the first men they saw, which were Deviltech employees.

I don't think the Sisterhood is beyond reprogramming the Fembots at all, just not controlling their actions directly or remotely. They've already been shown to pretty much re-write a Fembot's mind before without really caring about the consequences for anyone involved. Why wouldn't they do it again to get their army? They obviously see themselves in an invisible war against Satan and his Patriarchy, so why wouldn't they make what is the most tactically sound choice? They clearly aren't against using force or reprogramming robots with out-of-context information to manipulate their actions to accomplish their goals.

They are totally the precursor to The Matriarchy. Know that scene in a TV show's arc where things get really bad, usually between seasons 2 and 4, with some new villain who ruins everything for both the lead protagonist AND the established main villain and then the protagonist has to find the villain, who is usually living like a hobo somewhere, and team up to fight the new villain and save everyone? Sometimes the original villain can be redeemed this way but usually not, especially when in this case that villain would be Satan.

Sure, it might break the social justice power fantasy thing that the Sisterhood have going for them but I think that would be a worthwhile sacrifice for the sake of story and drama.
Istancow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Cue, uh, I dunno, The March of the Brooms from Fantasia?

YASS

Echo wrote:
If they all escape at once, Nana's going to have to go in to some whole new level of overdrive to knit them all decent clothing.

Or Jesus could zap them some.

JabberJay wrote:
stuff about the sisterhood being potential matriarchy establishers

Eh, not-necessarily-but-okay

It seems unlikely that Tat is going to take the story in that direction within the foreseeable future.
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, the Sisterhood's actions have been much more based on freeing people, supporting them, and defending safe spaces. I'd expect Tat to keep following that path rather than some weaponised-fembot-based power-grab.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: