welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 30: Crimefighters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU IGNORE SUPERHEROS AT YOUR PERIL, SHADOWCELL!

when you find yourself trapped in a cunningly-designed sweater-trap knit by SuperKnitter, you will have only yourself to blame.
0z79

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
oh look another addition to the ignore list

To whom do you refer?
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0z79 wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:

To whom do you refer?

oh, i meant jabberjay

i've had my fill of people whining about SJW and sinfest and shit
Istancow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness! If you had meant SuperKnitter, I would have been greatly dismayed!
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not ignore SuperKnitter......
tricksterson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wonder about how the Sisterhood will treat Lily. Will they accept him for Tange's sake? I suspect Violent Violet at least willbe highly negative towards him. Tess seems to be ignoring him at the moment but at least she let him into the van without a fuss.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xanthe has straight-up encouraged li'l e to fight the patriarchy as well as fantasize about him fighting along side her so its safe to say that he's 100% sisterhood approved.

:/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Enters, stage left, singing...)

Holding hands at midnight
'neath the starry sky...
Nice work if you can get it
And you can get it if you try...

What...?

What the devil...?

Who left this spew all over this nice clean forum? By gad, one goes off to procure the means of paying the mortgage and buying the cat food, and just look at what happens! Do step carefully, everyone, lest you stain your spats. Who is responsible...?

Oh... oh I see! It's that jabberjay person! Why, what an athletic creature zie is, with all that jumping to conclusions and performing great leaps of logic. And so adorable, speaking of publishing for monetary renumeration as though it's only hypothetical, as though one hasn't done so several dozen times already. Why, you should all give it a go if you haven't yet. Such fun seeing one's name in print and getting a check in the mail instead of those tiresome bills. Only a rarefied few get to make a living that way, but is that a reason the rest of us can't supplement our incomes now and again?

ShadowCell wrote:

There's an ignore list, is there? Splendid! What a useful feature! Life is far to short to waste much of it reading comics one doesn't like and wrestling with trolls. Some wise person I know once compared wrestling trolls with wrestling pigs as something one ought not do, because one only gets filthy and the pig likes it. Or something like that.

Carruthers, fetch me a Scotch and soda, there's a good man. I'm quite done in.

Now, where were we? Ah, yes, the story. Can't wait to see the next installment.

And here's a question: If Clio's hack disabled all the spybots, why is the friendly little eyebot still functioning? Refresh my memory, what happened to that bot that changed it to doofus-bot?
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going to say it got zen-zapped, but it wasn't those...but it got zapped somehow, to make it appreciate bots.

and you live with istancow, don't you? you guys are going to be in charge of throwing the parties from here on in.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the friendly drone - known as "buttbot" due to its frequent fascination with buttocks - was hit with cupids arrow, and thus... full of love.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Cupid's love darts, that was it! Perhaps an earlier model, too, or something along those lines.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... buttbot's an earlier model. abby's drones are the earliest - being vulnerable to pretty much everything. buttbot is a model that is immune to zen-zapping but not much else. and then the current model is immune to zen-zaps and cupids arrows.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingsJake wrote:
Hate is fun?

Even better: It's cool to hate.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really say I'm surprised, but I'm hella disappointed. Enjoy your echo-chamber, Jazzman.

As for not understanding pleasure from hatred, which isn't my motive here (which I unfortunately feel I have to reiterate), that's at least 1/3 of the motivation behind watching reality tv. The other two thirds are a rewarding sense connection with strangers and some kind of risk & reward-by-proxy through these emotional connections of respect, affection, or hatred towards the people on the show.

I watch a lot of Amazing Race and used to watch Survivor. Celebrity Apprentice was good while it lasted. Most people who aren't Reality TV watchers would usually ask why I'd watch that show when any sane human being would hate Donald Trump's vain orange ass. What they didn't understand is that hating on him and his stupid family's entitled idiocy was the entire point, all the while a mish-mash of celbrities, one of which you are guarunteed to get invested in, have to do a bunch of idiotic and banal business-related tasks without killing one-another. It was fantastic.

Recreational hatred isn't exactly a new or surprising thing, it's incredibly common, normal, and healthy. Just so long as it isn't done excessively or directed in the wrong places, because then it becomes malice and poisons the world rather than offering a healthy catharsis.

EDIT: For those of you who are serious about making the Sinfest boards an approval-only echo chamber it would be more efficient if you made an ignore list for that purpose in a thread dedicated to that purpose. That way everyone can synch ignore lists rather than having to ignore everyone they disagree with on a situation-by-situation basis.

I might disagree with you opinion, but everyone can agree with efficiency. It also makes me the first on the list, so fuck yeah! FIRST!
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
Can't really say I'm surprised, but I'm hella disappointed. Enjoy your echo-chamber, Jazzman.

I'm sorry I must have missed the invitation that was sent out for people to come and rail at folks who don't care what their take on feminism/the feminism arc/sinfest and how it used to be better back in da day/etc/ad infinitum.

Were they gold embossed?

I mean, I'm not the most socially aware guy in the world but I know enough to know that going into various communities unknown to the denizens of said community and basically picking fights over subject matter said denizens have no control over makes one come across as a grade A twat.

But deep down you know that don't you you miserable twat?

And you can call echo chamber but Heretical Rants and Sam are both more eyerolly about this subject matter than most, the difference is they have established a history and presence that indicates they are interested in participating in a manner that is outside their complaints. They're also capable of doing so without coming across as a condescending miserable twat. You don't comb these threads and find people praising Tatsuya for his subtlety and rapid plot development (he said, fully expecting JJ to go dig up some post from some dude who posted less than 20 times three years ago that proves me wrong, but you're the one who wasted your time doing it JJ, ADVANTAGE MONKEY!)

Here are a few things you should probably understand. First off a not insignificant chunk of the activity on this forum comes from people who really don't give two shits about the comic, they ended up here in one way or another either via browsing or referral and stayed for the community. In fact in the other two sections the comics subforum has a shitty reputation for where the shittiest posters dwell (something people who join a forum to complain to the forum users about the subject matter of the forum reinforce).

Another significant % of the forum generally agrees with the ideals of the comic so far, but really could give two shits if other people find it heavy handed or not subtle or find some minor detail to pick a nit at and try to make the message seem bad. These people just don't give a fuck whether its heavy handed, they take it in the same stride you take cartoons on a newspapers editorial page, or B.C. or Family Circus.

I suppose there's some % that are people who actually take the comic and its message super seriously and view it as the peanuts of our generation but frankly fuck those people just as much as fuck you buddy.

So in summary. Who the fuck are you buddy? 30some posts in 2 years, you join at the same time every other "wah wah social justice warriors blah blah" newbie joined up, contribute barely more than a post a month for two years and expect people to give a shit about your opinions? Especially the opinions we heard in various forms loudly, more or less eloquently and in every thread right around the time you joined up anyway?

So you don't like the SJW storyline?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: