welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 12: Ms. Boss Lady
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this, I don't think Blue's expecting to be paid back. She said "don't worry about it", which dispels any sense of debt that Abby might have to her.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OklahomanSun wrote:
Noted since no one else has.

Blue has vastly surpassed Milton in murders now and is on pace for more.

Yet Blue is still infinitely more enjoyable as a character.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
OklahomanSun wrote:

Yet Blue is still infinitely more enjoyable as a character.

Yuuuuppp.

Also Dman, who is pretty much the root cause of oppression in Sinfest, who has much more power to do harm than Milton, is still waaaaay more enjoyable of a character than Milton.

I have no idea what kind of point you're trying to make. No one here is saying "Blue doesn't know what she's doing!" or trying to excuse her actions.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else want to see Blue go Starscream on Satan after he returns?
OklahomanSun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Tea wrote:
OklahomanSun wrote:

Eh.

I don't disagree exactly and I'm not happy with Blue either. But I do want to note they didn't have the same level of individuality/sentience as the one that awakened in the reality zone. They were still more or less acting as one collective entity, having been reprogrammed as opposed to "awakened". The difference is essentially between a late stage abortion and the actual outright murder of an infant. It's just really unpleasant and unethical no matter how you look at it.

I don't like Blue, but I still dislike Milton more. I'll freely admit that it's more of a personal preference at this point due to his general lack of integrity and/or dignity.

That's total bullshit.

Look at the strip where one is laying there dying, another is giving an agonising look back and being dragged away by a third and tell me again they really aren't sentient and this isn't a desperate attempt to reason away holding Blue to the same standard as Milton.
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OklahomanSun wrote:
That's total bullshit.

Look at the strip where one is laying there dying, another is giving an agonising look back and being dragged away by a third and tell me again they really aren't sentient and this isn't a desperate attempt to reason away holding Blue to the same standard as Milton.

"Desperate" implies I care about what people think about Blue. I have no stake in this. By the way, I still don't like you very much and the above snide response is a pretty good example of why.

Anyways. I wasn't using "sentient" in a binary sense. As in something is or isn't sentient. I just think it's probable the reality zone had a more dramatic or complete person-ing effect than Sisterhood reprogramming.

I'm not saying the bots here aren't sentient. They clearly are and what you pointed out is proof enough why. I am however suggesting they are less individually sapient than a reality zone'd bot, comparing the previous factory incident versus Px's later trip into the RZ. Ronald is probably the best person to ask for an in-depth analysis though.

I'm not saying Blue isn't a stone-cold bitch. You could despise her and you'd be justified in doing so. I wouldn't even blame anyone for whom this mass-abortion was a moral event horizon for their regard for her. Do I think she would hesitate even if they were "RZ-level" sentient like I'm suggesting? No of course she wouldn't. She's a stone-cold bitch. This incident doesn't drop my regard for her because I don't have any for her to begin with.

Personally, though, I still would prefer her company to that skeezy little scientist. Mostly because I'm pretty sure she's less likely to have body odor.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine Milton smelling like Purell with a hint of Desperation aftershave, from Deviltech's toiletries division. He builds bots and computer hardware and therefore has to work in clean conditions. He could still be a slob with poor hygiene but his specific nerd trope (corporate engineer nerd) is more associated with fastidiousness.

That being said, he does appear to sweat an awful lot, so there might be nothing he can do about his stank, short of shower several times a day.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear if this thread turns into another bloody discussion about poor sad little Milton and us evil people for not liking him Im gonna spam gifs.
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
I imagine Milton smelling like Purell with a hint of Desperation aftershave, from Deviltech's toiletries division. He builds bots and computer hardware and therefore has to work in clean conditions. He could still be a slob with poor hygiene but his specific nerd trope (corporate engineer nerd) is more associated with fastidiousness.

That being said, he does appear to sweat an awful lot, so there might be nothing he can do about his stank, short of shower several times a day.

... I gotta admit, that gave me a chuckle.

Thank you!
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps he uses the DevilCorp equivalent of Axe body spray to make himself more appealing. I'm sure DevilCorp has something like that - complete with the commercials that say, "THIS WILL GET YOU THE SEX. SPRAY ON A BOTTLE A DAY."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Perhaps he uses the DevilCorp equivalent of Axe body spray to make himself more appealing. I'm sure DevilCorp has something like that - complete with the commercials that say, "THIS WILL GET YOU THE SEX. SPRAY ON A BOTTLE A DAY."

"The D bodyspray by Deviltech. All the bitches want The D, so what are you waiting for? Spray yourself down with liquid sex today for only $9.99 a can!"

The obnoxious advertisements practically write themselves. If I were a Sinfest devilperson I'd be makin' bank.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axe.

Oh, dear God, not the Axe.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually surprised Tat hasn't done a parody of it yet. I remember he's done kreeptonite, and I think one or two other spray products.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10964342/Female-Devil-Corp-exec-sued-for-sexual-harassment-by-employee.html
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otoh wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10964342/Female-Devil-Corp-exec-sued-for-sexual-harassment-by-employee.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: