welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 17, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't. I *love* panel 12, and indeed the last one.

I'd grab panel 12 for an avatar, but... well, I have a fairly large and distinctive mass of dark hair, so I can't exactly identify with Xanthe. Also I'd be torn between that panel and a couple of others - the last panel here, the second one here, that sort of thing.

Last edited by Echo on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
pgranzeau

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of calling her Psomethingsomething, why don't we call her Pixie or something like that? Shorter, easier to remember, and what's her real name, anyway?
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her name is, approximately:

First name/Serial number: FBXC-44-020-718-184-63-661-90-542
Surname/Model: PX1-F600

And I go with Pxsomethingsomething on the basis that that's what Tange calls her, and Tange is Cool.
Hydro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the shading, but it makes me sad because it's harder to color. I would like to color some strips again~
tricksterson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OklahomanSun wrote:
It's a typical Lady Justice statue, with typical blindfold and scales.

But showing considerably more cleavage and leg.

Since Xanthe has already told Cupid that she's married to Justice, I will assume that this is a statue of her wife.
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanthe didn't say she's married to Justice.

http://sinfest.net/view.php?date=2012-10-03

She said she's in love with Justice. I'm sure any number of people will testify that those are entirely different things.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think that's she means it metaphorically or does she literally love the statue the same way that woman who married the Eiffel Tower loved an inanimate object? I'm not judging or anything, out of all the inanimate objects to fall in love with at least Justice resembles a human being somewhat.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i mean, we can assume that lady justice probably exists somewhere in the world as a living person much like lady liberty does, just cuz we havent met her doesnt mean she doesnt exist, right? right...

so in that case it would mean that xanthe adores her so much she has a statue of her (creepy) ooooooor, xanthe just idolizes her and/or what she stands for. y'kno. however u wanna look at it, i guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Xanthe Justice is related to Lady Justice.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see people falling in love with inanimate things as creepy. Weird maybe, but not creepy. If it isn't harming anyone and it makes at least one person happy, why judge love, even if it is weird? She even has the decency to keep her statue-waifu and their love away from the prying, judging eyes of society. She knows a post-patriarchal society wouldn't judge her negatively for her now-forbidden love for a woman-of-stone, or WoS. Most statues are literally shit on all day, they get no respect.

Also, not my thing, but I bet it would take me 5 minutes tops to find a statuephile website (thanks Google!) to prove it is a real thing, probably with an expansive-yet-reclusive online community. EVERYTHING is a sexual thing somewhat with an expansive-yet-reclusive online community. People are fukkin' weird.

So, "in love with Justice" could mean in romantic love with an incarnation of Justice (similar to Liberty, also her being blind would make her the only differently-abled canon character if she were added), in love with the abstact concept of Justice, or in love with a statue of Justice. The point is I wouldn't judge Xanthe negatively for deviant sexual predilictions, that's just wrong.

Also, vanilla-privledge! Check it, yo. (before anyone pulls the gay card, gay is totally vanilla)
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pinches the bridge of his nose*

Pygmalion was a warning, not a fucking guidebook.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh justice... she is blind because her sword swing both ways. I kinda find it funny Xanthe has such a LOVE of justice, but isn't willing to let the way Justice works run it's course. Instead she and her posse act like bat man meets a wild west gang break things and in general act exactly the opposite of what justice is suppose to mean. Then again this post will be flamed as patriarchal and people will point out dev tech is evil and illegally spies on people and such.

Be careful not to become the monster that you fight so valiantly against .
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phox wrote:
Ahh justice... she is blind because her sword swing both ways. I kinda find it funny Xanthe has such a LOVE of justice, but isn't willing to let the way Justice works run it's course. Instead she and her posse act like bat man meets a wild west gang break things and in general act exactly the opposite of what justice is suppose to mean. Then again this post will be flamed as patriarchal and people will point out dev tech is evil and illegally spies on people and such.

Be careful not to become the monster that you fight so valiantly against .

Nothin better to do with your life huh?

sad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah xanthe jeez don't you know that what justice really means is bending over and taking injustice jeez justice is injustice y'know
Ronald

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
Think that's she means it metaphorically or does she literally love the statue the same way that woman who married the Eiffel Tower loved an inanimate object?

I think she meant it metaphorically. Just like any number of people who make not dissimilar statements in the real world every day.

That isn't "Justice," it's a statue. Just like an American flag isn't "America," it's a piece of cloth. And so on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: