welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 20, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 47
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:

A societal rebirth will happen whether the villain or the heroes succeed, it's just the nature of that rebirth that matters, and specifically who is in control of the technology that allows it.

I approve of this. Yissss
tricksterson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_justitia_ruat_caelum

I had to look it up. Unfortunately I'm not the kind of smartey-pants who memorizes latin sayings and concepts, which sucks because they all sound so cool and deep.

The phrase seems to imply either deep personal sacrifice or a form of societal restructuring as an acceptable price of Justice. The latter would imply the Sisterhood are radical feminists as opposed to liberal feminists. Liberal feminism is about changing the existing society rather than a more radical and revolutionary restructuring. Marxist feminism is an example of radical feminism, seeing capitalism as the core pillar of patriarchy, but I have yet to see anything that really makes a statement about The Sisterhood's position on economics, if they even have one.

The story I'm writing has a villain who believes in a VERY radical restructuring of society in the pursuit of ideals of justice. I'll probably be stealin' that phrasology, although it's been around since Seneca so it's definitely public domain by now.
You might want to scroll down to Seneca's story of "Piso's Justice" from which it might be derived. Basically it ends with three people being needlessly executed because Piso didn't want to be admit that he was wrong.
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is Tat deliberately drawing the Sisterhood so that it's impossible to tell whether or not any of them might be the same height as Tange (or PX)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: