welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 22: Not my fault!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: July 22: Not my fault! Reply with quote

Weapon F's stored memories said "avenge me." Mass chaos and allowing her sisters to go free is one way to go about that, I suppose.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rogue? A new nickname for Curly?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
The Rogue? A new nickname for Curly?

he's probably talking about the rogue fembot
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah whoops. Rogue is still a cool name tho.
Echo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Clio. And we also have conveniently dispelled any notion that Milton did the Right Thing by lying about the self-destruct code.

Of course, neither is Blue by following orders and trying to destroy the escaping fembots. But on the bright side, her focus on the codes and Milton is distracting her from actually finding out where the escapees are.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way Blue's face is drawn reminds me of the way Tats draws his own face in-comic. Change the haircut, lose the horns, and it's practically the same head. There are also facial similarities between in-comic Tats and more realisticly drawn depictions of Slick. I sometimes wonder if he's doing that on purpose or not.
Graybeard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
The way Blue's face is drawn reminds me of the way Tats draws his own face in-comic. Change the haircut, lose the horns, and it's practically the same head. There are also facial similarities between in-comic Tats and more realisticly drawn depictions of Slick. I sometimes wonder if he's doing that on purpose or not.

To me, the resemblance between Blue and the cartoonist is less striking than the resemblance between Blue and Milton. Think about that for a minute.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graybeard wrote:
Jabberjay wrote:

To me, the resemblance between Blue and the cartoonist is less striking than the resemblance between Blue and Milton. Think about that for a minute.

stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milton has no neck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't there people predicting the sisterhood was out to blow everything devilco up in their attempts to fish for reasons to hate them?

like...

i swear i remember seeing something about that, but i can't be assed to look it up.
Echo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhh yeah. The Sisterhood are out to destroy everything, they're going to kill and maim all the helpless men in Deviltech, they're going to reprogram the weaponised fembots and use them as an army of foot soldiers to take over the world... all sorts of crap like that.

Not sure how much of it was deliberate wind-ups, how much people just completely missing the point, and how much was... "contrived headcanon", to borrow a phrase. But yeah, there was plenty of that going around for a while after the strip where Xanthe revealed that Pxsomethingsomething's shotgun wasn't loaded. Seems to have quietened down since the weaponised fembots decided *not* to kill Milton the Fucking Creep, though.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate them? I'm mild-to-moderately annoyed with them because they are a radfem wish-fulfillment fantasy which targets a strawman patriarchy. Any messages they have to "enlighten" others are delivered so poorly that they drive people away and are only accepted when preaching to the converted. As it stands they are the product of weak writing where a poorly-delivered message was prioritized over story or character. Even if I agreed 100% with their version of feminism I'd still have problems with how the message was being delivered.

Or as Calvin says:

You tell 'em, Calvin.

The "They're Actually Villains" as a twist-reveal would have been like an adrenaline shot to the heart for this strip's plot, which is currently ODing on the sweet heroin of ideology.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're pretty annoying, all things considered.
Echo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the bright side, he saved you from having to look anything up by posting some brand new material right here... ;-P
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, yeah but this one's already proven they don't argue in good faith, so there isn't much point in delving into the details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: